HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rickard Wallin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2010, 02:57 PM
  #51
Cmillz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Given our lack of size at the center spot, and our prospect Nazem Kadri coming up, I'd say you will be having Mr.Wallin back in the SEL for next year.

Cmillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:00 PM
  #52
Dave from Vancouver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
He's widely regarded as the worst NHL'er around these parts. He should be headed back to Sweden next year with any luck. If the leafs re sign him many leafs fans will be very very upset. He is not the answer to any teams problems unless they simply have to much talent and want to balance that out with no talent.
Maybe a few months ago but that's way too harsh on recent play.

He's been much improved recently - he'll never be more than a fourth liner but I wouldn't mind too much if he stayed as that, or 13th forward, but not for any more than he's paid at the minute.

He isn't an ideal Burke bottom sixer - he won't be around for long. But for the moment, he's serviceable.

Dave from Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:00 PM
  #53
Cleets
Registered User
 
Cleets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,668
vCash: 500
You will like this thread then...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=756205

Cleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:04 PM
  #54
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Winther - I don't believe you fully come in peace based on your Gusto comment. Reality check: Gustavsson will not be playing for your hockey club until he's 38 and wants to go play where it "all started" like Markus Naslund and his buddy Forsberg.

As for Wallin -- he can be replaced by a 19 year old in the Onatrio Hockey League. We don't care how nicely he "fits" on your club. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure he'll be back helping (he can actually help a hockey club?) your club in the SEL next year.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
  #55
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
I don't mind Wallin since we got Sjostrom. I thought they've worked great together but that may be more of Sjostrom carrying Wallin, who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if Farjestad got their captain back. The goalie, however, we'll hang onto him.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
  #56
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
He has definitely improved a bit since the arrival of the shoe, but that's not saying much. Basically, if he wants to head back to Sweden, I'd drive him to the airport.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
  #57
hockeyfanz*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
lol

I've always wondered if I'd ever see the day that someone would agree with hockeyfanz. Couldn't have been a better response either.

Me too! LOL....

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
  #58
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWorkShop View Post
Haha, I was honestly surprised this wasn't a thread praising Wallin for his play of late.

As many have said, Wallin's been a pretty solid 4th liner for quite a few games now. 3 points and a -7 in his first 35 games, 6 points and a -1 in his last 20.

Also of note is he's winning faceoffs at a 45% rate on the year, and I remember it being roughly 40% around midyear. And he's now 2nd in PK time to Sjostrom.

A little sad that many of us are so pleased to see him perform at a 4th line level haha, but he was just sooo useless at the start of the year.

There's a reason its been Lundmark and Primeau alternating as healthy scratches of late and not Wallin.

Pretty indifferent as to whether he returns or not, but wouldn't mind taking him back on the 4th line if he continues at this level. Generally best to fill the 4th line with cheap veterans rather than young guys. I suspect we'll retain one of Primeau or Wallin and I think its pretty much a toss up right now.
Dude..Lundmark and Primeau are way better NHLers than Wallin. The point of them being alternate scratches is irrelevent. Don't make me bring up the time(s) Wallin was scratched for the ever so talented Jay Rosehill earlier this year....

I hope for the love of mankind that Wallin goes back to Sweden next year...

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:30 PM
  #59
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Wallin will never wow people with his offensive skill,Burke signed him because of his defence
Let's be truthful about this...We all know Burkie signed him to lure Jonas Gustavsson onto our team - no bones about it. Jonas is now on our team and will not need Wallin next year. Bye bye Rickard...

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 03:51 PM
  #60
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
Wallin's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:11 PM
  #61
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!
 
AlienWorkShop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Dude..Lundmark and Primeau are way better NHLers than Wallin. The point of them being alternate scratches is irrelevent. Don't make me bring up the time(s) Wallin was scratched for the ever so talented Jay Rosehill earlier this year....

I hope for the love of mankind that Wallin goes back to Sweden next year...
Lundmark and Primeau have obviously had better seasons over the whole year (though I'm not sure about Lundmark, but it's hard not to beat Wallin's first half), I never said anything to indicate I felt otherwise.

My only point is how Wallin, as indicated by not being a healthy scratch, has earned himself a regular shift with his play of late.

I did say I would be indifferent between Primeau and Wallin IF Wallin continues to play at this level. That is all. And I frankly don't concern myself too much with who fills our 4th line.

Judging by some of the reactions here, maybe Wallin's first half has soured opinion on him beyond repair. Whatever.

AlienWorkShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
  #62
Winther
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Winther - I don't believe you fully come in peace based on your Gusto comment. Reality check: Gustavsson will not be playing for your hockey club until he's 38 and wants to go play where it "all started" like Markus Naslund and his buddy Forsberg.

As for Wallin -- he can be replaced by a 19 year old in the Onatrio Hockey League. We don't care how nicely he "fits" on your club. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure he'll be back helping (he can actually help a hockey club?) your club in the SEL next year.
Yea well im not stupid you know. Of course he is staying put, im not imagining anything else.. You can't even make a semijoke, i guess some people will always find a reason to ***** about something. And im coming here with a simple question, its not like im trying to start a flame war or something, so just stop it would you..

Im not really interested if you care about Wallin either, i just wanted your opinion about him and if you know anything more than i do about his contract status, thats all.

Anyways, thank you all for the input! (its not like Wallin is my favourite player or anything, just that for Färjestad he would be a nice addition next season) Good luck with your playoff push (or atleast make the Kessel trade more worthwhile, would hate it if boston got a top 3 pick)!

Winther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:00 PM
  #63
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWorkShop View Post
Lundmark and Primeau have obviously had better seasons over the whole year (though I'm not sure about Lundmark, but it's hard not to beat Wallin's first half), I never said anything to indicate I felt otherwise.

My only point is how Wallin, as indicated by not being a healthy scratch, has earned himself a regular shift with his play of late.

I did say I would be indifferent between Primeau and Wallin IF Wallin continues to play at this level. That is all. And I frankly don't concern myself too much with who fills our 4th line.

Judging by some of the reactions here, maybe Wallin's first half has soured opinion on him beyond repair. Whatever.
maybe you should be more concerned.

He's often out there killing penalties and is usually the guy taking the faceoffs when we are down a man, or even 2. A skill he isnt very good at, either.

Im not blaming Wallin for this, its Wilson's job to get the right people out at the right time.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
  #64
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!
 
AlienWorkShop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
maybe you should be more concerned.

He's often out there killing penalties and is usually the guy taking the faceoffs when we are down a man, or even 2. A skill he isnt very good at, either.

Im not blaming Wallin for this, its Wilson's job to get the right people out at the right time.
I think this has been a more recent development in Wallin's ice-time, and with our PK performing roughly over 84% since the Phaneuf trade, I'm not sure why you'd be so concerned that Wallin's getting PK time now.

And I wouldn't know where to look it up, but I swear Wallin's faceoff % has improved from 40-42% earlier in the year to 45% right now.

Please, please, please, don't make me out as a staunch Wallin defender haha, I'm just saying he's performed as a 4th liner should over the past 20 games and I don't think he deserves the criticism now that he wholeheartedly deserved at the start of the year.

And when I say I don't concern myself with our 4th line much, I just mean it's easy to fill such roles and I don't see much point in debating the future of our 4th line ad nauseam.

AlienWorkShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 03:17 AM
  #65
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,000
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
This just goes to show you the credibility of the SEL...Garbage league if Wallin is 3rd best player....Really diminishes Gustavsson's accomplishments in that league IMO.
Meh. What it shows is that different types strive in different environments. When talking about style of play the NHL/AHL and the SEL are polar opposites.

The North American game - Straight forward, speed and intensity.
The SEL game - Dipsy-doodling, slow and every team playing with a tight defensive system to lower ticket sales.

If a SEL star with actual NHL talent comes over and gets on the wrong foot for the beginning it will affect his mental game as well, taking him further from the "potential" output for a guy of his skillset.

Wallin isn't a untalented plug, but a guy who has accepted his role on a team and probably doesn't see how he still doesn't make the most of it.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:04 AM
  #66
tmlfanforever23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

Apparently Ron Wilson loves him. He used Wallin a number of times in situations that even Alexandre Daigle could score in.

Seriously he needs to get blindfolded and dropped off at Pearson International enroute to Russia.

tmlfanforever23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:22 AM
  #67
htpwn
Registered User
 
htpwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 13,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Dude..Lundmark and Primeau are way better NHLers than Wallin. The point of them being alternate scratches is irrelevent. Don't make me bring up the time(s) Wallin was scratched for the ever so talented Jay Rosehill earlier this year....

I hope for the love of mankind that Wallin goes back to Sweden next year...
I would resign Wallin before I resign Lundmark, who's been absolutely useless this year. At least Wallin plays relatively smart hockey.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:33 AM
  #68
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfanforever23 View Post
I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

Apparently Ron Wilson loves him. He used Wallin a number of times in situations that even Alexandre Daigle could score in.

Seriously he needs to get blindfolded and dropped off at Pearson International enroute to Russia.
You are aware that Alexander Daigle scored 20 or more goals in a season 3 times in his career right? He may not have been worth the 1st overall pick, but that doesn't mean he was a bad player. I wouldn't mind if Wallin scored like Daigle did.

And why would he be sent to Russia? He's Swedish...

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:41 AM
  #69
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
hes' been decent at times, not so much at others, but it be nice if we cold move him.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:45 AM
  #70
tmlfanforever23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
You are aware that Alexander Daigle scored 20 or more goals in a season 3 times in his career right? He may not have been worth the 1st overall pick, but that doesn't mean he was a bad player. I wouldn't mind if Wallin scored like Daigle did.

And why would he be sent to Russia? He's Swedish...
Obviously my hockey knowledge sucks. I just mean we need to get rid of him.

tmlfanforever23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:32 AM
  #71
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
I would resign Wallin before I resign Lundmark, who's been absolutely useless this year. At least Wallin plays relatively smart hockey.
U must be watching a different game than me.

I would take Lundmark over both Wallin and Primeau. He's not as big as those two, but he offers more energy and better in the forechecking department.
That's more what I expect from a 4th liner.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
  #72
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
U must be watching a different game than me.

I would take Lundmark over both Wallin and Primeau. He's not as big as those two, but he offers more energy and better in the forechecking department.
That's more what I expect from a 4th liner.
I definately think that Primeau brings more energy and better forechecking than Lundmark. What has Lundmark ever done to spark the team? And there is not a chance that he's as physically dominant in the corners as Primeau. Even Wallin is better with the puck along the boards than Lundmark is. Lundmark is very, very useless. He is probably the worst player on the Leafs.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 11:42 AM
  #73
redbull
respect, earned.
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,321
vCash: 500
Lundmark, Primeau, Wallin - all expendable, fringe NHL players.

a lottery team need not be concerned by fringe players and their "contribution" - time to raise the bar folks.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
  #74
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWorkShop View Post
I think this has been a more recent development in Wallin's ice-time, and with our PK performing roughly over 84% since the Phaneuf trade, I'm not sure why you'd be so concerned that Wallin's getting PK time now.

And I wouldn't know where to look it up, but I swear Wallin's faceoff % has improved from 40-42% earlier in the year to 45% right now.

Please, please, please, don't make me out as a staunch Wallin defender haha, I'm just saying he's performed as a 4th liner should over the past 20 games and I don't think he deserves the criticism now that he wholeheartedly deserved at the start of the year.

And when I say I don't concern myself with our 4th line much, I just mean it's easy to fill such roles and I don't see much point in debating the future of our 4th line ad nauseam.
Gotcha. I think myself (and countless others) are just so filled with "Leafs Passion" or "Blue and White disease" that we seem to take things like Wallin wayyy to personal haha..(<--laughing at myself). Thanks for the clarification

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:07 PM
  #75
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I definately think that Primeau brings more energy and better forechecking than Lundmark. What has Lundmark ever done to spark the team? And there is not a chance that he's as physically dominant in the corners as Primeau. Even Wallin is better with the puck along the boards than Lundmark is. Lundmark is very, very useless. He is probably the worst player on the Leafs.
Let's just agree that the order would go something like:

Primeau - first choice/ right price
Lundmark - second choice to re sign at the right price
Wallin - will not resign

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.