HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Omark leaves Dynamo

Old
03-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Eirhead*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austroilia View Post
Doesn't Horcoff have a no movement clause? Meaning you can't send him down. Which as a result means you can't buy him out either.
No. He has a no trade clause. We can send him down to minors. He would have to pass through waivers.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirhead View Post
No. He has a no trade clause. We can send him down to minors. He would have to pass through waivers.
I think it is a NMC.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Wait has this been confirmed? This was tossed around as a possibility, but I can't see the NHL teams agreeing to that. Link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
I know the question was asked about bringing him over to the big club for the last several games, but is it possible to sign a short contract (until the end of this year) for the AHL only, or does it have to be the full 3 year entry level deal? Unless I am missing things here with this new transfer agreement, wouldn't it be a chance for Omark to prove he is worth a contract and he won't have to commit to a long time making peanuts in the AHL?
Omark is 23 so his ELC would only be for 2 years if he signs it this year. If they sign him next year his ELC is only for one more year. Moreover, as far as I know at his age there is no clause in the CBA to extend the deal so if he signs now and ends up being loaned to Sweden rather than in the AHL he would still use up a year on the ELC.

To be honest, I don't see any reason why he could not sign a deal now that would allow him to play in the AHL only without costing a year on his ELC, but with the possibility of him playing in the Worlds and with so little time left in the AHL season I would be shocked if that happened.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Hemsky4PM

It's quite possible that if this is a FULL rebuild, both Hemsky and Penner could be on the block this summer.

I think next summer is more likely, but I think it's going to be less than 50-50 that we resign these guys past 2012. Who knows what the team will look like by then, but I think it's a safe bet that Seguin/Hall, Eberle and MPS will be top 6 forwards. Add Gagner and Brule to that list and we will need to lose Hemsky or Penner. Penner is my preference.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
It's quite possible that if this is a FULL rebuild, both Hemsky and Penner could be on the block this summer.

I think next summer is more likely, but I think it's going to be less than 50-50 that we resign these guys past 2012. Who knows what the team will look like by then, but I think it's a safe bet that Seguin/Hall, Eberle and MPS will be top 6 forwards. Add Gagner and Brule to that list and we will need to lose Hemsky or Penner. Penner is my preference.
I disagree. If the Oilers didn't have any notable prospects on Forward or D like Caglary then I would agree with you. But because we have MPS,Eberle, Hall/Seguin, Petry, Pekham, Omark,Lander, Vand Velde, Hartikainen ect. we don't need to do a full blown rebuild.

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
I think it is a NMC.
No, this is wrong.

Source: http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Old
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
I disagree. If the Oilers didn't have any notable prospects on Forward or D like Caglary then I would agree with you. But because we have MPS,Eberle, Hall/Seguin, Petry, Pekham, Omark,Lander, Vand Velde, Hartikainen ect. we don't need to do a full blown rebuild.
That has kinda been my opinion from the start. Having 2nd overall pick, MPS and Eberle is a very good group of young prospects to have up front. It doesn't really get that much better up front. The question I have is on the back end, although we really just need to tinker there. Goaltending can be addressed if/when Bulin retires or when we really need a better starter.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
That has kinda been my opinion from the start. Having 2nd overall pick, MPS and Eberle is a very good group of young prospects to have up front. It doesn't really get that much better up front. The question I have is on the back end, although we really just need to tinker there. Goaltending can be addressed if/when Bulin retires or when we really need a better starter.
You can win a championship without drafting any D-men in the first round. Plenty of teams have done it. As a matter of fact only a handful of teams have drafted D-men in the top 5 who have went on to help them win a cup.

Old
04-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Eirhead*

Quote:
You can win a championship without drafting any D-men in the first round. Plenty of teams have done it. As a matter of fact only a handful of teams have drafted D-men in the top 5 who have went on to help them win a cup.
Because most defensemen take until they're in their late 20s before they hit their prime.

Old
04-01-2010, 11:30 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Don't get me wrong I understand that and I do like the core of Gilbert, Whitney, Smid etc...

My issue is at this point in time we don't have anyone that really has superstar potential in our system. Granted if the above three play to their potential then we won't need that.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Don't get me wrong I understand that and I do like the core of Gilbert, Whitney, Smid etc...

My issue is at this point in time we don't have anyone that really has superstar potential in our system. Granted if the above three play to their potential then we won't need that.
I think Goaltending can shore up any issues on D. Now mind you we might not have that either. When Carolina won the cup their D was very ordinary but their goaltending was great and that was the difference.

Old
04-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
I think Goaltending can shore up any issues on D. Now mind you we might not have that either. When Carolina won the cup their D was very ordinary but their goaltending was great and that was the difference.
we cant expect our goalies to stop 40 shots every night.. i think this team needs a top pairing Dman more then a goalie.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
we cant expect our goalies to stop 40 shots every night.. i think this team needs a top pairing Dman more then a goalie.
In 2006 we had Pronger in pretty much his prime but we didn't have the Goaltending to back him up so we didn't do much of anything and had to struggle to make the playoffs. When we got the goalie everything came together and we were able to make it to the cup finals.

My point is even if you have the best D-man to ever play the game you won't go anywhere without solid goaltending. On the other hand you could get by with regular Defence if you have amazing goaltending.

Old
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirhead View Post
No, this is wrong.

Source: http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm
Stauffer asked a while back and the answer was that it IS a NMC, valid until July 2012, and that those websites (while useful) have many small errors.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Jmask83

Anyway back on Topic.

Here's the latest on Omark

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6865414.ab

Basically its an Interview with Kent Nilsson (Robert Nilsson's dad who happens to be a scout).

He says the Oilers have interest and he thinks he's ready to make the move over here. Hopes everything will go smoothly.

Old
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Anyway back on Topic.

Here's the latest on Omark

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6865414.ab

Basically its an Interview with Kent Nilsson (Robert Nilsson's dad who happens to be a scout).

He says the Oilers have interest and he thinks he's ready to make the move over here. Hopes everything will go smoothly.
Make it happen!

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Boilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Make it happen!
Thought you were going to say "Make it so" or "Engage".

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Jmask83

The more competition the better. So let's bring him and if somehow MPS can sign and come to camp and be returned if he doesn't make the team then let's bring him too.