HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators at Panthers || March 29th, 2010 @ 6:30pm CST

Old
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Predator119

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Please to god Legwand, tell me you have been saving your goal outburst for the playoffs...... 34 games? Jeesh
Its Wilson. As soon as he got together with Legwand, Leggy woke up. He just didn't put it home until this game.

Predator119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I have Friday off so I think I'm going to make it to the game Thursday. I haven't been to a loss this year. Every time I realize that and then mention it we lose. Crap...

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Liquidfire3240

85 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes
Since legwands last goal
http://www.section303.com/ has a Legwand-o-meter on the right hand side.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I'll have 3 friends with me tomorrow night, that should be exciting. Where do you sit, ThirdManIn?

Also, this win means I get a ton of vBookie money.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I'll have 3 friends with me tomorrow night, that should be exciting. Where do you sit, ThirdManIn?

Also, this win means I get a ton of vBookie money.
And it also means that you get the honor of starting tomorrow's GDT too!!! Unless SabreTooth declines or it does not post a thread before 12 noon tomorrow, it is her sole right to start the GDT...any other threads will be deleted...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Please to god Legwand, tell me you have been saving your goal outburst for the playoffs...... 34 games? Jeesh
As I said this morning, it's the most offensive talent he's been paired with all season long...Leggy lead the team tonight with 4 SOG, plus got two blocked as well...

Put him on an offensive line and I think he'll contribute...put him in a shutdown role and he'll focus on that end of the rink...

Old
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
My first game ever as a Preds fan and one of my favorite players notches his 30th for the win. Way to go, boys!

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Que Sera Sera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
And it also means that you get the honor of starting tomorrow's GDT too!!! Unless SabreTooth declines or it does not post a thread before 12 noon tomorrow, it is her sole right to start the GDT...any other threads will be deleted...
I'd be happy to help with the GDT if no one else could, or if anyone didn't want to. A third stringer?

Old
03-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I'd be happy to help with the GDT if no one else could, or if anyone didn't want to. A third stringer?
Yeah, sorry got your PM earlier...we're trying to restart our tradition of having the same poster start the next GDT after a victory. The rule is unless that poster declines or fails to post a thread by 12 noon on the game-day, then it is the sole right of that poster to start the next GDT. If the team loses, the thread is first-come, first-served and open for anyone (including yourself) to start the next GDT...

Old
03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Que Sera Sera

Oh I understand, that seems smart.
Quote:
declines or fails to post a thread by 12 noon on the game-day
So let's say Person A makes a GDT, Preds win, and then Person A hasn't posted the GDT by 12 noon the day of, I could make the thread?

Old
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

All three of our goals were from the same area of the ice.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Oh I understand, that seems smart.

So let's say Person A makes a GDT, Preds win, and then Person A hasn't posted the GDT by 12 noon the day of, I could make the thread?
Yes, as of 12 noon CST the thread is up for grabs and reverts to first-come, first-served...

Old
03-29-2010, 10:30 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
All three of our goals were from the same area of the ice.
the slot??? yeah imagine that....

hehe not trying to be a smartazz, just point out the obvious.

edit: nevermind faceoff dot to the left of the goalie....

Last edited by nine_inch_fang: 03-29-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: not paying attention
nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Seth Lake

Yup, 12" off the ice stick side...

Old
03-29-2010, 10:40 PM
shootthepuck

Kings lose a win tommorow puts us in great position for a 5 or 6 seed.

shootthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Que Sera Sera

I think it would be great to have the Coyotes as our opponent. IMO, they feed too much off of the shootout, which doesn't exist in the playoffs. Also, Bryzgalov isn't proven in the playoffs (not that Rinne is) but I think a lot of Phoenix's shine will wear off during the post-season. Just my $0.02.

Old
03-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Predator119

I just saw the highlights on NHL on the Fly. Hornqvist scored the tying goal on a wrister from the top of the circle. He got a decent one off. Is he getting better ???

Predator119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator119 View Post
I just saw the highlights on NHL on the Fly. Hornqvist scored the tying goal on a wrister from the top of the circle. He got a decent one off. Is he getting better ???
I think it was Goc heading to the net, but whomever it was, they provided a great screen for Hornqvist to shoot through that threw Clemmenson more than Hornqvist's wrister beat him...

Old
03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Que Sera Sera

Hörnqvist is becoming a very legitimate first-line player. I'm loving his play, he's someone I've followed for quite a while as I cheer for Team Sweden.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-29-2010, 11:13 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
As I said this morning, it's the most offensive talent he's been paired with all season long...Leggy lead the team tonight with 4 SOG, plus got two blocked as well...

Put him on an offensive line and I think he'll contribute...put him in a shutdown role and he'll focus on that end of the rink...
Can't remember which player was being interviewed, but in the post-game interview after Legwand scored a SO goal, the teammate praised Leggy. He implied that Leggy deserved more praise for being a team player - recognizing that Trotz was asking him to play a role that receives little public attention. He's our shut down guy. And we are a team that wins a ton of 1 goal games. His importance to this team and its style brings on unwarranted criticism because he doesn't score goals. But I'll bet the majority of coaches around the league would say he is an integral cog in the Predators machine.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Que Sera Sera

Yeah, Legwand is one of those players who you have to see to appreciate. And you need to understand his role.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Can't remember which player was being interviewed, but in the post-game interview after Legwand scored a SO goal, the teammate praised Leggy. He implied that Leggy deserved more praise for being a team player - recognizing that Trotz was asking him to play a role that receives little public attention. He's our shut down guy. And we are a team that wins a ton of 1 goal games. His importance to this team and its style brings on unwarranted criticism because he doesn't score goals. But I'll bet the majority of coaches around the league would say he is an integral cog in the Predators machine.
I'll be honest, I didn't move to Nashville until the lockout season and only really started following the team the season prior when I knew I'd be moving from Hartford...

It honestly took me a long, long time to figure out why Legwand (pre-contract extension) was being so harshly criticized for the exact reason you just mentioned...earlier in his career it was due to a comparison against Lecavalier in terms of points and goals scored...now it is all about goal-scoring in relation to his contract, plus his No. 2 overall selection...

I understand the criticism, but think that what gets overlooked is the fact that he got his extension based on a season where he was put on an offensive line and asked to score goals. He responded with 27 goals. Since then, he's battled through a torn ACL and has been asked to play much more of a two-way defensive game and this season a straight up shutdown role by Coach Trotz and he has consistently met those expectations...but those are contributions that generally don't show up in the scoresheet and sometimes not even in the advanced stats either, but they are key to the success of the team and never overlooked by his teammates.

Legwand will always battle a lot of criticisms even long after his career ends, but I have to say, I believe that his picture is right there next to Coach Trotz when you look up "The Predator Way"...

Old
03-29-2010, 11:39 PM
glenngineer

SLake, I agree with you on the Legwand thing. Here's a guy who's a top pick but doesn't produce top numbers but produces on a team level and that gets way overlooked. As nice as it would be to have a guy like a Heatley on the team, are those guys worth the baggage that they bring with them. I don't see Legwand taking shifts off. He's always out there playing his tail off. Does he make mistakes, sure, but then again, so does everyone on this team. We all have the tendency to remember the one or two bad things a guy does during a game but we forget all the great things these guys do on a nightly basis.

I'm sure every one of us could bring up a bad moment from someone during the season but how many of us remember the amazing things that have been done? I bet it's very few and far between. Case in point, the Wings game the other night, I remember Hornqvist and Spaling both going down to block shots from the guy shooting at the left point and the pucks going into the crowd/netting. Very underrated plays but two plays that kept two pucks off of the goalie and our net. Traffic in front with both shots could've resulted in a goal. While not huge plays, plays that help the team win. Has Spaling lit it up offensively this year, nope, has he been a good call up for us, absolutely. He's a young kid with a solid two way game and reminds me a lot of a young Legwand to be perfectly honest.

Legwand will never get the accolades and will probably get bashed until the day he retires but the guy is a team player. He hasn't complained to the media as far as I can remember since he's been here. He's played hurt. He's played different roles and accepted them all to help the team win. Some say he's not captain material but he goes out and gets the job done when it's needed, in whatever role is asked of him. In today's selfish me me me world of sports, I commend him for his attitude and play over the years. We'd miss his play tremendously if he weren't here and one day that will happen but hopefully we'll have another guy like him to step in and fill his role.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Oh shoot........now this thread will have to be locked. Legwand is getting complimented for coming through with a goal in the second game that he was given some offensive talent around him....

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Not sure if you guys had it up yet, I didn't search the thread. I still love Belak, glad he's on a good team, though. Mac's just a beast, I'm glad he's here, just wish the coach would play him more.

Always hope Nashville does well, have to root for the southern teams.