HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators at Panthers || March 29th, 2010 @ 6:30pm CST

Old
03-30-2010, 05:49 AM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Oh shoot........now this thread will have to be locked. Legwand is getting complimented for coming through with a goal in the second game that he was given some offensive talent around him....
You'd think as many minutes as Legwand gets he could accidently knock one home much more often than every 35 games, even with AHL talent around him. He used to score shorties as often as that.

Whoo! Nice win. We knew that Legwand line needed to score (I figured they needed two...) and they did.

Good job Danny Ellis! Glad to see you back in the pipes for a game. Way to regroup after we fell behind, that had to bring up some "oh-oh" type thoughts. Good team win.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:01 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think it was Goc heading to the net, but whomever it was, they provided a great screen for Hornqvist to shoot through that threw Clemmenson more than Hornqvist's wrister beat him...
That's 2 games in a row where we had Goc going hard to the net drawing goalie attn and opening up a shooting lane for a goal..... we know Horny has been getting his goals dirty all year, but that line has really been going hard and playing tough like that - really fun to watch.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
That's 2 games in a row where we had Goc going hard to the net drawing goalie attn and opening up a shooting lane for a goal..... we know Horny has been getting his goals dirty all year, but that line has really been going hard and playing tough like that - really fun to watch.
Just saw the highlights. Amazing team effort.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:37 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Was busy all day, still haven't had time to see highlights. That said, I'm proud to see we battled back, proud that Leggy scored and proud with the win.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:40 AM
RollingPredFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
I thought it was 5 going into tonight (according to BFC)
Yeah I was wrong I was going by a post on the main board and he didn't factor in we had the tie breaker against the Flames, so it is 3! Thats what I get for listening to a jacket fan lol

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:43 AM
WalkmanX

Well just watched the game and well we won that's what matters

The first goal we had was really nice Weber kinda shoved the puck to Wilson from the blueline and then Wilson had a nice pass to Legwand who was wide open. Ellis made some really good saves in 1st and 2nd. Our 2nd goal was kind of flueky, sully wanted to shoot it himself but the Panthers player got a part of the puck and it ended up on Hornys stick and then it was a nice shot. I have to be honest after we were down 2-1 i didn't think we would tie it up, because we played really sloppy. the Cube goal on the OT was also a beauty

Anyways good 2pts, to bad we can't clinch today, but we could clinch tomorrow if we win and Calgary looses

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Que Sera Sera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
you have quick hands... I was just about to post that...

Why do we never get to play vokie?

AND we have to watch Belak
Sorry to post in this GDT again, but doesn't Vokoun actually refuse to play against us?

Old
03-30-2010, 01:02 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
You'd think as many minutes as Legwand gets he could accidently knock one home much more often than every 35 games, even with AHL talent around him. He used to score shorties as often as that.
what he said

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Sorry to post in this GDT again, but doesn't Vokoun actually refuse to play against us?
Not according to the quotes from Tomas last night...

Quote:
The last time Tomas Vokoun faced the Predators, he beat them 3-0 on Dec. 23, 2008. But Vokoun didn't start Monday.

Florida Coach Peter DeBoer opted for Clemmensen, pointing out that Vokoun had won just once in his past seven starts.

"They basically told us they want to rotate the goalies for the rest of the year,'' Vokoun said. "I've played 60-plus games and all the Olympic games, so it's kind of a nice break for me, too. Still, you'd like to play against your old team, but it's the coach's decision.''

Vokoun probably will miss the playoffs for the third time in as many years during his Florida tenure.

"Obviously it's disappointing once again here, you know,'' Vokoun said. "It's tough, especially for me being my third year here. You wish you had different results.''

Vokoun has another year left on his contract and doesn't know whether there will be another one signed with Florida.

"I'll see,'' Vokoun said. "There were definitely some talks at the trade deadline. But that's a good question. I wonder myself, so we'll see. I'll just try to finish the season strong.''
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...+for+Predators

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Que Sera Sera

I stand corrected. Thanks, SLake. I almost wish we could see Vokie back in Nashville, but I seriously doubt it, especially not with Ellis and Pekka still kicking around here.

Old
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I stand corrected. Thanks, SLake. I almost wish we could see Vokie back in Nashville, but I seriously doubt it, especially not with Ellis and Pekka still kicking around here.
Yeah, not gonna happen. Rinne just signed an extension and Pickard is on his way up the ranks to challenge Rinne when that extension expires...

We'll need a new backup for next season, but I'm thinking it'll either be a Dan Ellis type of "change of scenery" guy or a veteran backup on the tail end of his career. Personally, I'm hoping for Johan Hedberg, but realize that's a long shot as well...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Que Sera Sera

I love Hedberg. He seems to perform well in non-hockey markets though. Nashville might therefore be an ideal destination.

Old
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Nooo, Pekka and Ellis are my two favorite players, I will be heartbroken if Ellis leaves. Sorry Vokoun fans.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Que Sera Sera

I miss Dwayne Roloson maybe he could come here. Or Jussi Markkanen but wouldn't Ellis want to leave since he could probably be a starter almost anywhere else?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
I miss Dwayne Roloson maybe he could come here. Or Jussi Markkanen but wouldn't Ellis want to leave since he could probably be a starter almost anywhere else?
Posted via Mobile Device
This is a long debated discussion, but the short answer is yes. He has said he is going to test the Free Agent waters to see what is out there over the summer. The coaching staff have said they would love to sign him again but understand that he wants to be a starter if he can be. So more than likely we'll lose him, but it's not an absolute just yet. Unless he can get a good starting position, he won't move.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Que Sera Sera

Ah, I see. Well, I think everyone here would wish him good luck wherever he goes.
Posted via Mobile Device