HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bernier Recalled / Ersberg out with sore back

Old
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I'm excited and shocked. I was just talking to my mom on Friday night and she suggested Bernier and I said they wouldn't bring him up because Manchester is fighting for the playoffs. How little do I know!?

As everyone has said, this just shows that the goalies next year will be Quick and Bernier and they will battle for the #1. Ersberg will be traded or in Manchester once training camp is over (unless there is an injury of course).

Ersberg exists for the Kings because he was insurance for when Bernier wasn't ready a few years ago and Quick was an ECHL goalie (oh yeah, and Labs sucked). That's the only reason. He was never here to be anything more.
Zatkoff is no slouch. He's also been very good in Manchester. We're not exactly leaving them with Danny Taylor, post screwjob.

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I wouldn't be surprised if Lombardi went to Murray and voiced his concern with the amount of fatigue (mental/physical) that Quick is showing and asked if Murray was confident in Ersberg for tonights game. Murray probably said "no" and now Bernier is on his way to Minnesota.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:06 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Lombardi went to Murray and voiced his concern with the amount of fatigue (mental/physical) that Quick is showing and asked if Murray was confident in Ersberg for tonights game. Murray probably said "no" and now Bernier is on his way to Minnesota.
But TM knows that JQ thrives with a heavy work load!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
palffytofrovlov

I am surprised and shocked at the same time. I was actually thinking about this last week after the loss in St. Louis. I think Bernier gets called up to play either tonight or tomorrow, he has been on a roll and is getting stronger. I think its not against Ersberg who I think starts either today or tomorrow. I think this is to give Quick a few days off and probably sit in the rafters and watch the game. I think DL sensed that he is physically and emotionally tired. You can see it in some of the goals he has allowed. Could it be that he is a new dad? or the pressure of playing so much. Hey if Bernier wins it only helps the Kings and by the way he has been on fire and wants to show that he is the goalie of the future! I wouldn't mind if he gets hot here in LA and carries us to the playoffs I know some of you might not want that but if it makes us better who cares!

palffytofrovlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
redcard

Curveball!

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Let's wait and see if this is an emergency recall. Could be an injury or a personal matter involving one of the netminders that warranted this move.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
What either this is a wake up call to the goalies and the team or there's no confidence in the Berg and they wanna rest Quick. Im kinda surprised though.

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This is a very controversial move. I am extremely surprised to see this happen. I am the biggest Bernier supporter, but I don't know if I agree with this one. It looks like they want to give Bernier his interview now, but I still feel that he should stick with the Monarchs throughout this season. I mean, yeah I love the idea of Bernier taking over for a few games and trying to help us clinch the spot, but it just feels like this really isn't his fight yet. Either way, I expect this to give a jump start to the team.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Greene is playing...in place of Jones? Parse is playing? Bernier is potentially playing?

I may have to stop myself before I get too optimistic.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Greene is playing...in place of Jones? Parse is playing? Bernier is potentially playing?

No, stay pessimistic. This all started when PSP relented to optimism. It is his fault we are in this mess. We all need to unite under one pessimistic flag to try and counter-balance the universe.

Old
03-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
No, stay pessimistic. This all started when PSP relented to optimism. It is his fault we are in this mess. We all need to unite under one pessimistic flag to try and counter-balance the universe.
Ok, can-do.

The funny thing is I really don't think Jones has been that bad the past few games.

Old
03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
It's a little bit shocking. I almost *hope* it's a fatigue/rest situation for Quick, because otherwise it just looks like DL ******** his pants and mashing the red button.

No matter who the athlete is, it can't be healthy for Quick to be starting every game in the history of the Kings between nights of no sleep with a baby. I know he's praised for his mental toughness and athleticism, but he's been rode into the ground, imo. The lack of focus is apparent.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I'm excited and shocked.
Ditto!

My guess is Quick will start tonight and Bernier will get the start and finally defeat the preds the next game.

And as happy as I am (although still quite surprised), I really do feel bad for EE. The writing is on the wall apparently.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Let's wait and see if this is an emergency recall. Could be an injury or a personal matter involving one of the netminders that warranted this move.

http://www.lakingsnetwork.com/hammond/?p=5057
Quote:
Jonathan Quick will start in goal tonight and Jonathan Bernier, called up under emergency circumstances will back up Quick and will start tomorrow in Nashville. Terry Murray said Erik Ersberg has a strained back.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:10 PM
redcard

Quote:
My first thought was "someone has the flu", but Hammond's reporting that Ersberg's got a sore back....probably from carrying this team into the playoffs.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Won't having three goalies play havoc with ice time for practice? And as far as Greene goes, isn't he going to need some time to adjust? And I understand Brown and the coach are not seeing eye to eye. And we all know Phx is a lousy team and we are sorse them them. And TM was the coach of the Sharks and now he has brought the playoff choke mentality here.
Just trying to help

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
At least the move makes sense now. Even if a little bit of the excitement escaped.

Last edited by Telos: 03-29-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

I don't know about the rest of yous but I don't believe for a sec that EE is injured.

But that's just me.

Old
03-29-2010, 01:40 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

Don't stop yourself, because Halpern is on the first line.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Don't stop yourself, because Halpern is on the first line.
Meh, it'd be pretty hard for him to be less effective than Williams has been.

Old
03-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't know about the rest of yous but I don't believe for a sec that EE is injured.

But that's just me.
Pretty sure the NHL isn't some bushleague organization you can just lie your way through. I'm pretty sure there have to be medical reports of some sort filled out by the team and presented to the league, otherwise what's the top the other 29 teams from using up their 5 call-ups then telling their players "Hey, we need to call up ________ to replace you on the lineup so ... you've got a _______ strain. Take a few days off."

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I can't wait to see some of you guys eat your words. The problem with Ersberg is that he is not even close to being as good as Bernier. The problem with Quick is.. Bernier is just better.

I hope he starts tonight. Watch and find out.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Pretty sure the NHL isn't some bushleague organization you can just lie your way through. I'm pretty sure there have to be medical reports of some sort filled out by the team and presented to the league, otherwise what's the top the other 29 teams from using up their 5 call-ups then telling their players "Hey, we need to call up ________ to replace you on the lineup so ... you've got a _______ strain. Take a few days off."
No, no bushleague but my guess is IF there is an actual injury, it's probably nothing serious. At least not as serious as TM's lack of confidence in EE..

Old
03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Ersberg was so frustrated that he finally threw a shoe at TM and now he has a "strained" back from lying in the dog house. Just my 2 cents...

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 02:11 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

EE hurt himself in practice, I assume, which is unfortunate. We'll see how long he's out. Could be minor or a lingering problem.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote