HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Philippe Paradis

Old
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Frankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
Who said we can use strictly stats to talk about Kadri? I'd imagine that since he was a recent first rounder that we drafted, plays relatively close to Toronto, and has played in the WJC that people have seen this kid play before they make opinions.
kadri's stock is absolutely over the moon on this board right now. i'd go as far to say he's being talked about in terms we've never heard a leafs' prospect talked about before. he's literally being referred to as an absolutely perfect hockey player.

this hype isn't based on what anyone saw at the wjc. this is based on his stats since then, and more specifically his playoff stats.

99% of the people posting about how spectacular kadri is and will be in the future don't watch him play on a regular basis. everyone saw him play 6 or 7 games at the wjc, but the hype is based strictly on stats.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Courage*

Quote:
he's literally being referred to as an absolutely perfect hockey player.
Then it shouldn't be hard to provide a literal example...

Courage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
VL

Well, we all know that it's impossible for fans to watch junior games on TV.

Oh wait, I've been told that apparently it is possible to watch some junior games on TV or online.

Well OK, maybe it is difficult to catch junior games on TV when they take the junior team away from your province after "the Man" takes your AHL team away from you as well

VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 05:44 PM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
I dont want to burst your bubble but there's a high chance Chris Didominico doesnt reach NHL.

He is a one trick ponny. He place himself at 3 or 4 meters from the side of the net and wait for a pass to do a snapshot. Most of his goals are like that.

He might prove me wrong, but player that know tricks that work in the Junior doesnt always work in the AHL or NHL.
Interesting.....I think that's one of the skills that Kadri really needs to work on...we saw him misfire several times during the WJC!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Canad93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
24 goals (44 points) & 104 pim in 63 games doesn't impressive you for an 18/19 year old kid in junior (Q)?

Let's look at Wendel Clark's stat at 18/19 years of age in junior (WHL):
23 goals (45 points) & 225 pim in 72 games

are you kidding me? What does he have to have the same stats as Sidney Crosby or Wayne Gretzky?

His stats are almost identical to Wendel Clark's stats (except for the fact that Wendy had 100 more pims)...and Clark turned out to be more then a third liner....
Actually, Clark had 23 goals, 45 assists, for 68 points. And that was his first year in junior, when he would have been about 17-18, and IIRC, playing defence.

44 points in 63 games for 3rd year QMJHLer, without any sort of serious injury taking him out or anything, is not that good.
He has statistically regressed from last year.

Don't expect him to put up good numbers in the NHL if he can't even light it up in a league where he's among the oldest, most experienced and likely most physically mature.

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Arian

Those numbers are pretty bad for the Q, he seems to project to be a solid 3rd liner. Nobody really got fleeced in that deal. Paradis is more of a sure thing, while Tlusty has more potential, but obviously way less of a sure thing.

Arian is offline   Reply With Quote