HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

If an NHL game is played and no one sees it, does the result still count?

Old
03-30-2010, 02:56 PM
caniac247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Disagree, I think it was a conscious decision to go after Ward and then low ball Seids and either get a huge deal or let him walk
Disagree. They would never have re-opened negotiations a 2nd time, if all along they were to low ball Seidenberg. He wanted in the $3M range, it priced us out. He waited and waited and waited for a team to come calling. Finally he had to lower his price and signed with Florida right before camp.

He didn't budge on his price, JR moved on and acquired Ward.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 03:07 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I find it hard myself to predict a pace for Cole over 82 games when in his last 68 games (since returning to the team last March), he has 11 goals.
Plagued by injury and illness, Guerzy. Even the 10 goals in 34 games has been marred by injury. But the fact that 10 in 34 could be 25 in 82 is great news for next year.

Cole's never been an assist machine. He scored 30 G and 29 A his best season. But if he can pour in 25 goals next year in a healthy campaign, it will go really well with Sutter's 25, Staal's 40, Jokinen's 30, etc.

I'm optimistic about next season and the part Erik will play next season.

Last edited by ChuckW: 03-30-2010 at 03:24 PM.
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 03:10 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Disagree, I think it was a conscious decision to go after Ward and then low ball Seids and either get a huge deal or let him walk
Wow...a mind reader!

If you ever need a job, I know we could use someone who reads minds where I work...I'll be glad to give you a reference.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Wow...a mind reader!

If you ever need a job, I know we could use someone who reads minds where I work...I'll be glad to give you a reference.
It's called an opinion... I should use the EXACT same argument back to you... How do you know that's not what he was thinking... See what I did right there... I used your exact argument to make you look silly

It's my opinion of what happened. You have a different opinion. Neither of us can prove the other one right or wrong

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

umm, so......yeah another game in the books, sad we didnt get closer to a top 3 pick, but its always nice to beat the thrash

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:14 AM
geehaad

Quote:
How do you know that's not what he was thinking... See what I did right there... I used your exact argument to make you look silly
Ah yes...that's a major re-raise...

But since I never made an argument, it's merely a bluff. And am not dumb enough to state that I believe I know what JR was thinking, so you might as well fold.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Boom Boom Anton

I can't wait for the Canes to be good again. That way, we won't be at each other's throats as much AFTER a win.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote