HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#76 - 03.30.2010 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Bring Goneau Back!

vCash: 500
God, this is painful to watch. Just a pitiful effort from everyone involved.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Can we ban Henrik from playing in the Olympics? Or how about we just let Bettman make the call for him and all NHL'ers?

You gotta love how the Isles always show up for the Rangers late in the season when they are already out of it. It has always amazed me.

Also good to see Jokinen show up. I guess he realizes he's a UFA in a few weeks.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Loffen
Legend

yawn... this game looks out of reach already.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

sullivan says the same thing every game.

just replay the same interview over and over no one would ever know the difference.

only 40 minutes of fail left

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
KotsyJr
THE POWER OF CHRIST

Great game.

Really.

For real.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Loffen
Legend

I didn't see the 2nd goal... How bad was it?

Old
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Nick00

Dubinsky is clueless. This team has zero leadership, it's so obvious.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
9 on a scale of 1-10

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Renbarg

Quote:
Terrible. COmeau handcuffed him with a shot towards the collarbone which Hank just knocked up in the air, it then came down spun backwards and on a diagonal into the net.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Camenzuli

Quote:
Thomas Myhre vs Turkey bad...

Camenzuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Bring Goneau Back!

I was glad to see Renney gone. I liked the guy, but he had no fire. I welcomed the hiring of Torts, as I thought he would bring a fire..a passion for winning to the team.

Sadly it appears all he can do is huff and puff until no one cares. He's lost them. Yet another "too many men" penalty? That's been an issue for 2 years now! Who the hell lets that go on for so long? I don't know what the answer is, but Torts is not it.

Obv Sather has to go, and has needed to for some time. Torts... should go as well.

Old
03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Axxion89

I wonder how much the fans at the viewing party are being paid not to boo lol

Axxion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Loffen
Legend

LOL @ the viewing party. Poor basterds...

Old
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

This is why the Knicks and Islanders have a better future than the Rangers:

Every year it's the same thing from Glen Sather. Every year he turns over half of the roster, mostly guys that weren't even there a full year, and with guys who don't give a s@@t about the Ranger Logo. So every year when he turns over half the roster it's like starting a completely new team all over again (no wonder this team has zero chemistry). Look what happens when you keep a team together for a couple of years (yes I am talking about the Jagr years), it's then and only then that the chemistry is built.

Glen Sather thinks he can rebuild a team through free agency. You HAVE to be bad for at least one year to have a true rebuild and begin to improve. This is a half-@ssed, completely botched, rebuild EVERY YEAR. Glen Sather, to compound these issues, goes out and signs one bad contract (at least) an offseason.

What am I getting at here? This team will be stuck in mediocrity for as long as Glen Sather keeps his same s****y @ss plan. Why do the Knicks and Islanders have a brighter future than our ragtags? Because they have GM's who get it. The loyal Knicks fans stuck by this team, and kept turning out for games, because they understood there is a light at then end of the tunnel. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this team, we're not good enough to be a real playoff threat, and we're not bad enough to get a number one pick. So let us keep getting a 7th-9th pick and we will always be in that same cyclical position in the standings.

This team is an utter failure in every regard, it needs to be cleaned out from the top to the bottom, and given the fact that we know that will never happen, this team will not win another cup for a LONG TIME. That's the end of my rant (strangely it's not an angry rant, it's more of a reality rant--I don't even care what happens to this team anymore).

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
The Thomas J.*

I'm gonna try to stay clam & put this period of play behind me....Hopefully The Rangers can do the same.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Valverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camenzuli View Post
Thomas Myhre vs Turkey bad...
Which goal?

As some of you guys already said: It amazes me how the Isles play, considering they got nothing to play for. Rangers are fighting for their lives - OK, there's not much skill on that team besides Gaborik, but still, an effort is all I'm asking for.

Valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeyDeke
Bring Goneau Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

Every year it's the same thing from Glen Sather. Every year he turns over half of the roster, mostly guys that weren't even there a full year, and with guys who don't give a s@@t about the Ranger Logo. So every year when he turns over half the roster it's like starting a completely new team all over again (no wonder this team has zero chemistry). Look what happens when you keep a team together for a couple of years (yes I am talking about the Jagr years), it's then and only then that the chemistry is built.

Glen Sather thinks he can rebuild a team through free agency. You HAVE to be bad for at least one year to have a true rebuild and begin to improve. This is a half-@ssed, completely botched, rebuild EVERY YEAR. Glen Sather, to compound these issues, goes out and signs one bad contract (at least) an offseason.

What am I getting at here? This team will be stuck in mediocrity for as long as Glen Sather keeps his same s****y @ss plan. Why do the Knicks and Islanders have a brighter future than our ragtags? Because they have GM's who get it. The loyal Knicks fans stuck by this team, and kept turning out for games, because they understood there is a light at then end of the tunnel. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this team, we're not good enough to be a real playoff threat, and we're not bad enough to get a number one pick. So let us keep getting a 7th-9th pick and we will always be in that same cyclical position in the standings.

This team is an utter failure in every regard, it needs to be cleaned out from the top to the bottom, and given the fact that we know that will never happen, this team will not win another cup for a LONG TIME. That's the end of my rant (strangely it's not an angry rant, it's more of a reality rant--I don't even care what happens to this team anymore).
If I was in NY I'd go buy you a beer. Well said.

Old
03-30-2010, 06:56 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfzr2 View Post
If I was in NY I'd go buy you a beer. Well said.
There is not enough beer in the world to make this even remotely more enjoyable of a game to watch.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:56 PM
LeetchisGod
We miss the net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

Amen brother.

LeetchisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:58 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Can we ban Henrik from playing in the Olympics? Or how about we just let Bettman make the call for him and all NHL'ers?

You gotta love how the Isles always show up for the Rangers late in the season when they are already out of it. It has always amazed me.

Also good to see Jokinen show up. I guess he realizes he's a UFA in a few weeks.
Aren't you a proponent of tanking? Why then are you complaining when the Rangers are losing?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Loffen
Legend

Let's GO...

Old
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
EEL

This is great! Really! They need to flame out, the worse they look the better chance of mngt making changes. I know nothing probably will happen but it's better than winning and screwing ourselves in the draft. Ive been rooting against our boys for about 10 games now. Tough love.

EEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
atleast theres an episode of King of Queens on at 7:30

They shouldnt have stopped making that show

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old