HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PHANTOMS and 2010 Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread - Bring on the Future

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2010, 07:30 PM
mm6492

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaspari View Post
in a salary capped league, there is a limit on the amount of money you can spend on your players but there is no cap on the money you can spend on the front office and your player development staff.

the flyers need to get the best people in drafting and developing players esp goaltending. according to thn, the best organization in terms of drafting and developing prospects are the kings lead by lombardi and hextel both who were in the organization. if the kings are the best and you can't get their player ( bobby ryan) get their front office
Ryan is on the Ducks...

We have a pretty good scouting department, just never have any picks

Old
04-13-2010, 07:33 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I still can't believe they didn't even bother bringing up Matsumoto. I honestly hate the management on this team. I've never seen a bigger group of idiots not even bring up someone for a cup of coffee when he's done well in the AHL level. They've had other scrubs and hacks on the roster, but a good young player (who happens to be a minus) is given no opportunity.

Old
04-13-2010, 07:40 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I still can't believe they didn't even bother bringing up Matsumoto. I honestly hate the management on this team. I've never seen a bigger group of idiots not even bring up someone for a cup of coffee when he's done well in the AHL level. They've had other scrubs and hacks on the roster, but a good young player (who happens to be a minus) is given no opportunity.
Paddock seems disapointed with Mats in his post season talk

Old
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Joey Mac

can anyone tell me how marshall has done? i know, he's with the flyers now that there's no cap, but how was his game and how far along is he?

Old
04-13-2010, 07:51 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
can anyone tell me how marshall has done? i know, he's with the flyers now that there's no cap, but how was his game and how far along is he?
I think I posted this a few pages back, but Marshall had a so-so season. He is very good at taking the body and making those "hits of the game", but at times his defense play isnt that good (at other times he is really good), but worse of all is his passing. If you thought Parent's passing was bad....

There's still time though. I wouldnt worry.

Old
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Paddock seems disapointed with Mats in his post season talk
Paddock also said Idiot Stick did a good job in his first season as coach of the Phantoms. I'll take what Paddock says from here on in with a grain of salt.

Old
04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Joey Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think I posted this a few pages back, but Marshall had a so-so season. He is very good at taking the body and making those "hits of the game", but at times his defense play isnt that good (at other times he is really good), but worse of all is his passing. If you thought Parent's passing was bad....

There's still time though. I wouldnt worry.
thanks... i probably should've checked before asking, but i appreciate it

Old
04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

euroflyers

"We have a continuing dialog with the Flyers. Nothing will happen with them in the near future, but we'll see what happens after playoffs."

"Eriksson will play in Elitserien next season." - Eriksson's agent.

Leksand GM confirms Joacim Eriksson will leave Leksand.

Old
04-14-2010, 02:52 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
euroflyers

"We have a continuing dialog with the Flyers. Nothing will happen with them in the near future, but we'll see what happens after playoffs."

"Eriksson will play in Elitserien next season." - Eriksson's agent.

Leksand GM confirms Joacim Eriksson will leave Leksand.
Yay! I bet it was Flyers management having something to say. He posted a few days back saying Eriksson wanted to stay.

Old
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yay! I bet it was Flyers management having something to say. He posted a few days back saying Eriksson wanted to stay.
Yeah I was a little worried about that, but the more I think about it, didn't it say that he wouldn't mind staying in Leksand if it came to that?

I could be mistaken, but that's a big difference.

However, either way you look at this, Holmgren is written all over it. Maybe he's controlling this in much the same way he was set on controlling JVR's situation.

Old
04-14-2010, 11:05 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

That's good news that Eriksson is going to stay in Sweden for another year. Doesn't make any sense to bring him over and have Idiot Stick get his claws into him. He'll ruin him.

I'm wondering though if the Flyers are going to be interested in signing Mario Kempe once his contract is done in Sweden. I always thought he'd be a great third liner, especially with his speed and defensive ability. However, nobody seems to be sure what's going on with Kempe.

Old
04-14-2010, 11:35 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I'm wondering though if the Flyers are going to be interested in signing Mario Kempe once his contract is done in Sweden. I always thought he'd be a great third liner, especially with his speed and defensive ability. However, nobody seems to be sure what's going on with Kempe.
There's no question. The Flyers are still keeping VERY tight tabs on Mario Kempe. It's no secret that they're talking to him. Don't quote me, but I think the transfer agreement means he could come over next season. I know he's locked up already for next year, but I'm not sure how keen he is on playing in the Allsvenskan. I think EuroFlyers had a tweet about Kempe's unhappiness about where Rogle BK will be next season.

Old
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM
HoverCarle*

Kempe said it was the biggest disappointment of his life.

He might aswell come to camp and try and make the flyers. We could use cheap offense, especially if we dump hartnell or Briere somewhere.

Old
04-15-2010, 10:14 AM
jb**

From a Wayne Fish piece, wonder why he thinks this as paddock said he was def coming back? guess he didnt do his homework:

Phantom troubles
After finishing with the second-worst record in the AHL, the Adirondack Phantoms could be on the brink of firing coach Greg Gilbert,especially after captain Jared Ross described a tumultuous 32-41-3-4 season.
"A lot of the guys, we wanted to do our own thing," Ross told the Glens Falls Post Star. "And when you got a lot of guys wanting to do their own thing on a team, it causes a lot of problems. It's a lot easier to play on a team when everyone is on the same page. And I don't think this team was on the same page throughout the year."
Ross, by the way, was not added to the Flyers' playoff roster and will become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Old
04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
From a Wayne Fish piece, wonder why he thinks this as paddock said he was def coming back? guess he didnt do his homework:

Phantom troubles
After finishing with the second-worst record in the AHL, the Adirondack Phantoms could be on the brink of firing coach Greg Gilbert,especially after captain Jared Ross described a tumultuous 32-41-3-4 season.
"A lot of the guys, we wanted to do our own thing," Ross told the Glens Falls Post Star. "And when you got a lot of guys wanting to do their own thing on a team, it causes a lot of problems. It's a lot easier to play on a team when everyone is on the same page. And I don't think this team was on the same page throughout the year."
Ross, by the way, was not added to the Flyers' playoff roster and will become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
kind of goes against everything that Paddock has been saying, but hopefully they were just waiting till the offseason and to regroup before really deciding on a coaching change or not.

re: Kempe. he actually has been in regular communication with the Flyers as well so there is probably some interest there.

Old
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post

Phantom troubles
guess we could say goodbye to Ross then. especially if Gilbert is still around which would baffle me if hes still around next season. In the end its not Paddocks call. Its Holmgrens call. So we will see how that goes.
Next season with what will end up being a huge roster turnover will be interesting to see how the new guys respond to Gilbert if hes still here. I dont like the fact that many players regressed or at the very best didnt progress in Adirondack save Legien.
Once the AHL playoffs are over I am hoping they call and see if Scott Pellerin is available. He is the assisant in Manchester and they have had a young team for the past few seasons, one of the youngest teams in the league. I have seen the progression of many young players in the LA system under Morris and Pellerin. he would be a very good AHL head coach IMO

Old
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ross gone regardless.

Old
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
guess we could say goodbye to Ross then. especially if Gilbert is still around which would baffle me if hes still around next season. In the end its not Paddocks call. Its Holmgrens call. So we will see how that goes.
I think Ross was going to be gone, regardless. There's a lot of talent that's going to be in Adirondack next year and he'll be pushed out. I'm also expecting that Matsumoto will also be pushed out.

Quote:
Next season with what will end up being a huge roster turnover will be interesting to see how the new guys respond to Gilbert if hes still here. I dont like the fact that many players regressed or at the very best didnt progress in Adirondack save Legien.
Well, we've already seen how guys respond under Idiot Stick - they tune him out. However, as pointed out previously, the one thing Idiot Stick does is he looks for a player and picks on them. He thinks it's his way of showing he's in control of the team. It's a tactic that Mike Keenan used as well (anyone remember how rough he was on Kerry Huffman in Philadelphia and how rough he was on Trevor Linden in Vancouver), but it's a tactic that usually blows up in a coach's face. This year, Idiot Stick decided to pick on Pat Maroon. Players notice when coaches do this. That's why I was kind of shocked when Paddock came to Idiot Stick's defense.

Quote:
Once the AHL playoffs are over I am hoping they call and see if Scott Pellerin is available. He is the assisant in Manchester and they have had a young team for the past few seasons, one of the youngest teams in the league. I have seen the progression of many young players in the LA system under Morris and Pellerin. he would be a very good AHL head coach IMO
Yes. I'd also like to see them call Tocchet as well. If there was ever a guy who was thrown under a bus in Tampa Bay, Tocchet was it. Get him or Pellerin in Adirondack and the complexion and the ability of that team changes immediately. Honestly, I get the impression that the guys in the locker room do not respect Idiot Stick what so ever (other than Legein, but they have history). If Idiot Stick stays and he continues to work well with Legein but no one else, that environment will turn toxic and the team will not only turn on Idiot Stick, but they'll turn on Legein as well.

Old
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
HoverCarle*

Kempe played for my former local Q team, and I was always impressed by his game. Very fast. He is also a RW which is where we have the most room

Old
04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
I

Yes. I'd also like to see them call Tocchet as well. If there was ever a guy who was thrown under a bus in Tampa Bay, Tocchet was it. Get him or Pellerin in Adirondack and the complexion and the ability of that team changes immediately. Honestly, I get the impression that the guys in the locker room do not respect Idiot Stick what so ever (other than Legein, but they have history). If Idiot Stick stays and he continues to work well with Legein but no one else, that environment will turn toxic and the team will not only turn on Idiot Stick, but they'll turn on Legein as well.
You think Tocchet would take a AHL coaching job? I think hes going to take his time and see what happens. I think there is a very good chance he ends up with a NHL job next season. I would love to get him in the organization but I just cant see him taking a AHL job at this point IMO

Old
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Kempe played for my former local Q team, and I was always impressed by his game. Very fast. He is also a RW which is where we have the most room
The Fog Devils? You're way out there dude.

Anyway, yeah Kempe has always been a speed demon.

Old
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
The Fog Devils? You're way out there dude.

Anyway, yeah Kempe has always been a speed demon.
Yup that's them. Jake Allen, Luke Adam, Mario Kempe, and TJ Brennen

Old
04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Yup that's them. Jake Allen, Luke Adam, Mario Kempe, and TJ Brennen
Yeah, a friend of mine who's a huge Sabres fan loved them. She used to go out there to see them before they moved to Montreal.

Old
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ross gone regardless.
Yes, that 'exit interview' sounded like one. They really don't need him, as they'll have a quite a few centres in camp for next year. We'll see if someone else wants to give him a chance at the NHL.

I suspect he'll end up in Europe, where career AHL smurfs go to pad their RRSPs....

Old
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Yeah, a friend of mine who's a huge Sabres fan loved them. She used to go out there to see them before they moved to Montreal.
I actually didn't go very much, only 3 or 4 times a year

Closed Thread