HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

PHANTOMS and 2010 Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread - Bring on the Future

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Testwuide finished his season, but needed surgery. maybe Hotsetter did too

Old
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

It's possible. It's just weird that I haven't heard anything about it.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
flyfan795

Stephenson would be the perfect veteran for a young D corps like the Phantoms will have next season. He started out the season as a healthy scratch and has become a key player on the defense who is wearing an "A" at times. He is a solid AHL defensemen who does not take games off and always sticks up for his teammate who would be a perfect bottom pairing veteran where the prospects will be the ones getting the callups during the season.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
Stephenson would be the perfect veteran for a young D corps like the Phantoms will have next season. He started out the season as a healthy scratch and has become a key player on the defense who is wearing an "A" at times. He is a solid AHL defensemen who does not take games off and always sticks up for his teammate who would be a perfect bottom pairing veteran where the prospects will be the ones getting the callups during the season.
I agree with you. He seems like a really quality guy, but our blueline may start to fill-up quickly down there.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I agree with you. He seems like a really quality guy, but our blueline may start to fill-up quickly down there.
Phantoms usually carry 8 D anyway, might as well have a vet here and there

Old
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Phantoms usually carry 8 D anyway, might as well have a vet here and there
Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn (RFA)
Bartulis - Parent (RFA)
Lehtivuori - Gustafsson
Bourdon - Marshall
Bodrov - Hostetter
Stephenson

If we move Syvret and don't re-sign Krajicek but keep Parent and Coburn, Stephenson is our 13th defensemen among the AHL/NHL roster next year. So yeah he fits, but playing time will be hard to come by.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
IamSamIam

Quote:
Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn (RFA)
Bartulis - Parent (RFA)
Lehtivuori - Gustafsson
Bourdon - Marshall
Bodrov - Hostetter
Stephenson

If we move Syvret and don't re-sign Krajicek but keep Parent and Coburn, Stephenson is our 13th defensemen among the AHL/NHL roster next year. So yeah he fits, but playing time will be hard to come by.
Will be interesting to see next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephenson playing ahead of Bourdon, Marshall and Bodrov. He has a better plus/minus and is more physical and only a couple of years older.

Old
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
The one I'm more curious about is Hostetter. He has a contract here for next season, but we didn't bring him over on an ATO after his season was over like we did with some other players. I don't know if the Flyers intend to keep him in the CHL next year. It's really bizarre. It could also be that he needs rest because he had a big injury earlier in the year. He still played in the playoffs though. It's just weird.
As far as I know, Hostetter is to young to play AHL next season, he's born at January 30th '91, so he is considered a 19 year old by the OHL.

Old
04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by todderamaa View Post
Will be interesting to see next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephenson playing ahead of Bourdon, Marshall and Bodrov. He has a better plus/minus and is more physical and only a couple of years older.
Dont know bout that one. I like Stephenson but it would be foolish to play a vet over prospects, and considering Marshall and Bourdon are ahead of him (by alot) in the deph chart, let them get more playing time. Plus those three are already better then Stephenson is. Its easy to have a good +- when your playing on the 3rd pairing D.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Phantoms up 2-1 in 1st. Syvret and Holmstrom with a goal. Gustaffson, Legein, Pyorala and Ross with assists.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:22 PM
PF

2-2 now, have you looked at the shot totals though? It's about 24 shots to 6 in favour of Binghamton.

Phantoms have taken a lot of penalties for stick infractions by the looks of it too.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Yea, was going to post it but kinda forgot lol. They need some offense... Stewart isnt doing to bad. Kinda iffy goals though.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:26 PM
PF

I'm just box score watching so I don't know how they're really playing, still I'm liking the sound of Gustafsson. Keep us updated when you can!

Old
04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
I'm just box score watching so I don't know how they're really playing, still I'm liking the sound of Gustafsson. Keep us updated when you can!
http://www.phantomshockey.com/default.asp

You can listen to the radio for free... thats what I do lol. Not to bad when you have it on low when your doing something else.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
ShortBus

they beat the B-sens 3-2 in OT. This win forced the B-sens out of the playoffs as well.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
they beat the B-sens 3-2 in OT. This win forced the B-sens out of the playoffs as well.
Some are saying since it was an OT win, the B-sens arent totally out yet... dont know how true it is though.

Gustaffson finished with 1 assts.

In 3 games he has 5 points.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
ShortBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Some are saying since it was an OT win, the B-sens arent totally out yet... dont know how true it is though.

Gustaffson finished with 1 assts.

In 3 games he has 5 points.
Yeah, sorry about that. They did say at first that they were eliminated, but later in the discussion, it changed to them having some slight hope of getting in.

Old
04-08-2010, 12:11 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Some of you may not know that Maroon was a healthy scratch tonight:

Per @PSPhantoms

Gilbert said Pat Maroon sat "for reasons you should ask him about." Did not see Maroon in the postgame locker room.

"It's all about being a pro and being responsible and being accountable and if you're not going to be that way, out of the lineup you come."

Not a good thing to hear. Either Maroon is doing something he shouldn't or the players are finally starting to quit on Gilbert.

Another note, Gustafsson has been playing with Syvret, so let's not give him too much offensive hype just yet. What he's doing is impressive, but he's playing with the freaking AHL's Mike Green.

Last edited by CS: 04-08-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old
04-08-2010, 12:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
God I hope the Flyers let Mormina walk. The guy just flat out sucks.

Old
04-08-2010, 12:44 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:

Per @PSPhantoms

Gilbert said Pat Maroon sat "for reasons you should ask him about." Did not see Maroon in the postgame locker room.

"It's all about being a pro and being responsible and being accountable and if you're not going to be that way, out of the lineup you come."

Not a good thing to hear. Either Maroon is doing something he shouldn't or the players are finally starting to quit on Gilbert.

Another note, Gustafsson has been playing with Syvret, so let's not give him too much offensive hype just yet. What he's doing is impressive, but he's playing with the freaking AHL's Mike Green.
Well, Maroon played for Dale Hunter and John Paddock, so you know that Maroon knows how to tow the line.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it until they fire him - Idiot Stick in Adirondack is the problem. And no, I won't call him by his name because the guy really is an idiot stick. Look at how everyone digressed under his watch. He never got, doesn't get it and won't continue to ever get it with regards to what it takes to develop players.

I'm definitely giving Maroon the benefit of the doubt on this one. When he was here in London he really worked his backside off and everyone inside the London organization commended him for the work he put in. Same with his first season with the Phantoms. So, I don't buy what Idiot Stick said at all about professionalism and all that.

Old
04-08-2010, 12:45 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Well, Maroon played for Dale Hunter and John Paddock, so you know that Maroon knows how to tow the line.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it until they fire him - Idiot Stick in Adirondack is the problem. And no, I won't call him by his name because the guy really is an idiot stick. Look at how everyone digressed under his watch. He never got, doesn't get it and won't continue to ever get it with regards to what it takes to develop players.

I'm definitely giving Maroon the benefit of the doubt on this one. When he was here in London he really worked his backside off and everyone inside the London organization commended him for the work he put in. Same with his first season with the Phantoms. So, I don't buy what Idiot Stick said at all about professionalism and all that.
I tend to agree with you. I want Stevens to take up his old position, but I think we might be a year at least away from Gilbert's firing.

Old
04-08-2010, 01:10 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
so how did the Idiot Stick get the job anyway? Was he owed a favor by Holmgren or Snider?

Old
04-08-2010, 01:42 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
so how did the Idiot Stick get the job anyway? Was he owed a favor by Holmgren or Snider?
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280993

Quote:
TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Friday they will not renew the contract of Marlies head coach Greg Gilbert.

The Marlies went 39-29-5-7 in the regular season, Gilbert's third with the team. They went on to lose in six games to the Manitoba Moose in the North Division semifinal.

Prior to joining the Marlies, Gilbert coached the Calgary Flames, the Worcester IceCats of the AHL, and the Mississauga IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League.
1996-97 IceCats (AHL): 80 GC - 43 W - 23 L - 9 T - 6 OT - 100 P - 1st NE
1997-98 IceCats (AHL): 80 GC - 34 W - 31 L - 9 T - 6 OT - 83 P - 4th NE
1998-99 IceCats (AHL): 80 GC - 34 W - 36 L - 8 T - 2 OT - 78 P - 4th NE
1999-00 IceCats (AHL): 80 GC - 34 W - 31 L - 11 T - 4 OT - 83 P - 3rd NE
2000-01 Flames (NHL): 14 GC - 4 W - 8 L - 2 T - 0 OT
2001-02 Flames (NHL): 82 GC - 32 W - 35 L - 12 T - 3 OT - 79 P - 4th Northwest
2002-03 Flames (NHL): 25 GC - 6 W - 13 L - 3 T - 3 OT
2003-04 IceDogs (OHL): 68 GC - 36 W - 21 L - 7 T - 4 OT - 83 P - 2nd Central
2004-05 IceDogs (OHL): 68 GC - 34 W - 21 L - 12 T - 1 OT - 81 P - 1st Central

2005-06 IceDogs (OHL): 68 GC - 21 W - 40 L - 2 SO - 5 OT - 49 P - 5th Central
2007-08 Marlies (AHL): 80 GC - 50 W - 21 L - 3 OT - 6 SO - 109 P - 1st North
2008-09 Marlies (AHL): 80 GC - 39 W - 29 L - 5 OT - 7 SO - 90 P - 4th North

Well, it appeared as though he turned around the Marlies in 2007-08, but the winning didn't continue the following year. His contract was not renewed. That's where we picked him up.

I don't think he has any ties to anyone in the Flyers' front office, at least not that I know of. His one stint in the NHL was a disaster.

He's won 2 division titles in the AHL and one in the OHL. The year in the OHL where he finished 2nd in the division was the only time he's made it to the finals in the playoffs. He's been to the semis a couple times though. In the finals he got swept by Guelph.

Old
04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
jb**

Quote:
I tend to agree with you. I want Stevens to take up his old position, but I think we might be a year at least away from Gilbert's firing.
stevens is not a good coach. Not what they need. They need someone who can teach and develop, not stevens. Hire someone else.

Old
04-08-2010, 08:13 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Per @PSPhantoms

He has played with Syvret for games 2 and 3. For his first game when he got 2 assists, he played with f'ing Curry lol

Closed Thread