HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gamecenter Worth it For Devils Games?

Old
04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
trendon

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trendon
Gamecenter Worth it For Devils Games?

Former ATDHE fan that switched over to random feeds (Kilonet, Justin, etc) for the past year. However, this will be the first playoffs that I am out of New York for and I don't want to jeopardize my ability to watch the games, especially since I expect streaming viewership to increase come playoff time.

So, has anyone tried Gamecenter? I've heard complaints about games simply not being available, blacked out, or otherwise not shown.

Thanks for your opinion.

trendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Mgd31

Game center is decent. Some games are blacked out, but most arent.

The quality is pretty good, but sometimes there is buffering issues.

I dont pay for Gamecenter though, its my friend's haha. So I'm not sure its worth the money.

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 03:37 PM
trendon

Send a message via AIM to trendon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD31 View Post
Game center is decent. Some games are blacked out, but most arent.

The quality is pretty good, but sometimes there is buffering issues.

I dont pay for Gamecenter though, its my friend's haha. So I'm not sure its worth the money.
Cool. I just didn't want to hear "TOTAL DISASTER, DON'T BUY!!!!"

I'll get it for the playoffs and I figure with the combined streams and Gamecenter, I should be fine. Thanks.

trendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Gamecenter is very good if you are out of town. Some games are blackedout, but those are the ones available on TV (versus for the playoffs). As for the playoffs it depends on the match-up, if we draw the Flyers or even the Bruins some of those games will probably be on VS. If they draw a Canadian team you can guarantee none of those games will be on VS. and thus gamecenter could be vital (I'm not sure if Yahoo will continue to stream games).

The gamecenter feeds are high quality too.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
magicducksauce

yeah when my girlfriend went to school at rider i had to rely on streams unless they were playing the flyers or rangers haha. sucked

magicducksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:01 PM
NJDevilsFan21

Gamecenter has great quality... as long as it isn't a MSG feed.

NJDevilsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
SCOTTIESTEVENS

For the Gamecenter fee, is the $80 option "pay in full" for life? If so, it's probably worth it if you're away from home a lot.

However, I spent $140 on a Slingplayer and I can watch my TV from home where I have a computer + internet. Not to mention I can watch any channel I have at home as well. Works great since I'm at college. Is it also ironic that the cable to my TV hasn't worked since I got Slingplayer?

If you're a huge fan of hockey, Gamecenter is probably worth it. If you're just trying to watch Devil games, you can live off Streams or shell out $140 to get Slingplayer.

You can watch anything you can watch at home through Slingplayer. You can also pause the TV like you have DVR for up to an hour. Very handy if you want to pause a show for 15-20 minutes then watch it commercial free or period free (hockey).

If you have a DVR on your home TV that the Slingplayer is hooked up to, I bet you could use the DVR through Slingplayer as well (haven't tried it, but I don't see why not).

SCOTTIESTEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
GuillermoMagico

Gamecenter > your slingbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTIESTEVENS View Post
For the Gamecenter fee, is the $80 option "pay in full" for life? If so, it's probably worth it if you're away from home a lot.

However, I spent $140 on a Slingplayer and I can watch my TV from home where I have a computer + internet. Not to mention I can watch any channel I have at home as well. Works great since I'm at college. Is it also ironic that the cable to my TV hasn't worked since I got Slingplayer?

If you're a huge fan of hockey, Gamecenter is probably worth it. If you're just trying to watch Devil games, you can live off Streams or shell out $140 to get Slingplayer.

You can watch anything you can watch at home through Slingplayer. You can also pause the TV like you have DVR for up to an hour. Very handy if you want to pause a show for 15-20 minutes then watch it commercial free or period free (hockey).

If you have a DVR on your home TV that the Slingplayer is hooked up to, I bet you could use the DVR through Slingplayer as well (haven't tried it, but I don't see why not).

GuillermoMagico is offline   Reply With Quote