HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/30 Boston Bruins at Your New Jersey Devils

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
why not 13 games? Oh yeah, because we got shut out 3 times by poor to average teams. The Flyers put a beat down on us. The Islanders embarrassed us.

Look, I'm not overly pessimistic or anything, but you can't just throw out useless numbers. They haven't played consistently good hockey since before February.

i wasnt the one that started the "pick random number of games" thing, i was basing this off of what other people were saying.

Old
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Devilswede

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
it may be a gimmick stat but its still a point. so out of the last 24 possible points, they've earned 15. thats 62.5%. if they do that for an entire season, its 102-103 points. and what do you know, thats what theyre going to get around!

terrible, right?
But they're not playing playing like that. They did in the first half, but the first half is history. What did they do in the previous 12?

Out of the last 64 possible points the Devils have 29. That's awesome right?

Bottom line is that this team is not a top team anymore. It's a mediocre team and nothing that you say can change that, the stats and play from the 2nd half prove my point.

And for the umpteenth time, I don't care about the overall record and the points we're going to end up with. It's not relevant when talking about the play of this team right now. Our record is padded because of the first half.

You keep bringing up our overall record, I keep brining up the current state of the team. Which is more relevant? It's all about the present. This is a different team from the one we saw in the first half. This is a much worse team and an inconsistent one.

Our overall record means jack when the playoffs start. The current play means everything. That's why you should be worried. Because right now, they flat out suck.

Closed Thread