HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THRASHERS @ LEAFS "SPOILER EDITION" | TUE, MAR 30 @7pm EST | SNET(HD), AM640

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2010, 12:52 PM
  #1
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CanadasTeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarrana
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
THRASHERS @ LEAFS "SPOILER EDITION" | TUE, MAR 30 @7pm EST | SNET(HD), AM640


.
Last 10: Atlanta 5-3-2; Toronto 7-2-1


TORONTO

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel
Caputi - Grabovski - Mitchell
Stalberg - Hanson - Sjostrom
Lundmark - Wallin - Orr
Primeau

Beauchemin - Phaneuf
Kaberle - Schenn
Exelby - Finger
*Gunnarsson

Gustavsson
Giguere


ATLANTA
(TBA)








.


Last edited by CanadasTeam: 03-30-2010 at 02:27 PM.
CanadasTeam is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 12:57 PM
  #2
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
This'll be a tough one, ATL needs points and is coming off a loss last night. They should be ready to go.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 12:57 PM
  #3
Revolt
Registered User
 
Revolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
Is Brayden Irwin playing? I know he was at the morning skate

Revolt is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:01 PM
  #4
Hurt
Registered User
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,471
vCash: 500
Let's get 'er going boys. Need the points to keep gaining on the people above us.

Hurt is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
  #5
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
Is Brayden Irwin playing? I know he was at the morning skate
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...p-six-forwards

He wont be playing tonight but we can expect him in a game against Buffalo or Boston. Hell only be playing one game for he has an exam coming up and is in his senior year.

This will be a tough game for sure. Atlanta is in pretty much a do or die situation to make the playoffs. They messed up against Carolina and they know how big that loss was. Hopefully Toronto is up to the challenge.

Hanta Yo is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
  #6
ansah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
hope Gunnarsson will be ready to play, Exelby and Finger both in lineup is never a good sign

ansah is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:14 PM
  #7
paulster2626
Registered User
 
paulster2626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Gustavsson in net tonight?

paulster2626 is online now  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
  #8
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,904
vCash: 500
http://www.640toronto.com/Blogs/EatS...tryID=10105025

TORONTO--

Forwards
Kulemin Bozak Kessel
Caputi Grabovski Mitchell
Stalberg Hanson Sjostrom
Lundmark Wallin Orr
Primeau

Defense
Beauchemin Phaneuf
Kaberle Schenn
Exelby Finger
*Gunnarsson

Goalie
Gustavsson

*Gunnarsson was under the weather this morning and didn't skate. He'll be a game-time decision.

Budsfan is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
  #9
grind your soul
Belak forever
 
grind your soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,526
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansah View Post
hope Gunnarsson will be ready to play, Exelby and Finger both in lineup is never a good sign
uh oh

grind your soul is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
  #10
KesselySnipes
Registered User
 
KesselySnipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: That French Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
http://www.640toronto.com/Blogs/EatS...tryID=10105025

TORONTO--

Forwards
Kulemin Bozak Kessel
Caputi Grabovski Mitchell
Stalberg Hanson Sjostrom
Lundmark Wallin Orr
Primeau

Defense
Beauchemin Phaneuf
Kaberle Schenn
Exelby Finger
*Gunnarsson

Goalie
Gustavsson

*Gunnarsson was under the weather this morning and didn't skate. He'll be a game-time decision.
This I gotta see.

KesselySnipes is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:36 PM
  #11
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselySnipes View Post
This I gotta see.
That's why I posted it, I was wondering if they may bring up a Defenceman from the Marlies maybe Blacker, Gysbers or Mikus for a look see, for next year.

If it's Exelby and Finger Yikes!

Budsfan is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
  #12
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
That's why I posted it, I was wondering if they may bring up a Defenceman from the Marlies maybe Blacker, Gysbers or Mikus for a look see, for next year.

If it's Exelby and Finger Yikes!
The Leafs have used all of their callups so another defenceman would need to go down before a Marlie could play.

Stupid rule that Burke wants to get changed.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
  #13
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
Is Brayden Irwin playing? I know he was at the morning skate
Nope

They say Thursday or Saturday

Mess is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 01:58 PM
  #14
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The Leafs have used all of their callups so another defenceman would need to go down before a Marlie could play.

Stupid rule that Burke wants to get changed.
Thanks Moose I wasn't aware of that rule and it is a stupid rule, we have 3 defencemen out Komisarek, Van Ryn and now Gunnarsson, you would think they could bring up a player, in case another "D" went down.

Lets just hope Gunnarsson can play.

Budsfan is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
  #15
Hurt
Registered User
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,471
vCash: 500
Damn it.. please God.. Gunnar be okay!

Hurt is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
  #16
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,620
vCash: 500
Oh God! if Finger and Exelby are both playing and on the same line, then I fear that Gustafsson will have to go for another heart surgery.

The Blue Devil is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:08 PM
  #17
Leafs4Life77
Registered User
 
Leafs4Life77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Gonna be a tough one tonight. Let's hope gunnarsson is good to go

Leafs4Life77 is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
  #18
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 500
If Gunnar is out, our other guys will have to pick up the slack.

embracedbias is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:19 PM
  #19
Braggadocio
Registered User
 
Braggadocio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
If Gunnarsson's out, I suppose this'll be a useful game to see how the defense group does without him. Much rather have him be in than find that out, though.

Braggadocio is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:28 PM
  #20
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,263
vCash: 500
oh no, Finger and XLB together?

Hero is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:30 PM
  #21
Hurt
Registered User
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,471
vCash: 500
Another awesome GDT CT50.

Hurt is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:30 PM
  #22
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 500
Just give Phanuef, Beauchemin, and Schenn 30 minutes a piece and we'll be okay.

Jerkini is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
  #23
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CanadasTeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarrana
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
Another awesome GDT CT50.
Thanks

GDT Updated. Anybody knows ATL's lineup?

Tonight, let's take out the thrash... in OT!

CanadasTeam is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:36 PM
  #24
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
I was directed to the Bruins HF Boards earlier today and couldn't believe how cocky they are with regards to our picks. This is personal. I want to win tonight...I would love nothing more then to end up giving Boston the 6th pick overall....just can't believe what I was reading.

I've been watching this from a far, took a deeper look today and I'm just astonished on how Boston fans talk about the Leafs, and how they think these draft picks are worth more then Phil Kessel? I'm surprised Boston fans are not livid that there management/coaching staff for whatever the reason may be, sent Kessel packing.

With all due respect to Bruins fans---despite whatever seems to be the popular trend on HF Boards, there are countless Leaf fans that love this trade.

As for the draft picks - two first-round selections and one second rounder - what are they worth? Teams trading their picks are often said to be "mortgaging the future." Please. Unlike 22 year old snipers (with 2 30+ goal seasons, with way more coming) who can be a real game changer, draft picks are plentiful and infinitely renewable: every team gets one in every round every year. There's plenty to go around. If Toronto finds itself short on prospects a few years from now, it can simply restock the draft-pick shelf by unloading a few veterans.

Burke traded Joffrey Lupul, defenceman Ladislav Smid and three draft picks. (two firsts and a second) to Edmonton for Chris Pronger. Ofcourse B fans can argue that the Anaheim draft picks weren't "worth as much" as the Toronto draft picks (we actually don't know where the picks may fall..yet) ..but it's obvious Edmonton lost out on that trade.

For Boston fans, who have a team history of trading away there star players ...to be this cocky and this hard on Maple Leaf fans is just a tad bit silly, and really..seriously...premature at this point..and I say this with all due respect.

That being said - Kick the **** out of these Trashers tonight boys.

Federko is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
  #25
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
I was directed to the Bruins HF Boards earlier today and couldn't believe how cocky they are with regards to our picks. This is personal. I want to win tonight...I would love nothing more then to end up giving Boston the 6th pick overall....just can't believe what I was reading.

I've been watching this from a far, took a deeper look today and I'm just astonished on how Boston fans talk about the Leafs, and how they think these draft picks are worth more then Phil Kessel? I'm surprised Boston fans are not livid that there management/coaching staff for whatever the reason may be, sent Kessel packing.

With all due respect to Bruins fans---despite whatever seems to be the popular trend on HF Boards, there are countless Leaf fans that love this trade.

As for the draft picks - two first-round selections and one second rounder - what are they worth? Teams trading their picks are often said to be "mortgaging the future." Please. Unlike 22 year old snipers (with 2 30+ goal seasons, with way more coming) who can be a real game changer, draft picks are plentiful and infinitely renewable: every team gets one in every round every year. There's plenty to go around. If Toronto finds itself short on prospects a few years from now, it can simply restock the draft-pick shelf by unloading a few veterans.

Burke traded Joffrey Lupul, defenceman Ladislav Smid and three draft picks. (two firsts and a second) to Edmonton for Chris Pronger. Ofcourse B fans can argue that the Anaheim draft picks weren't "worth as much" as the Toronto draft picks (we actually don't know where the picks may fall..yet) ..but it's obvious Edmonton lost out on that trade.

For Boston fans, who have a team history of trading away there star players ...to be this cocky and this hard on Maple Leaf fans is just a tad bit silly, and really..seriously...premature at this point..and I say this with all due respect.

That being said - Kick the **** out of these Trashers tonight boys.
Honestly, even if they do draft Seguin, then I hope he turns into you average 2nd/3rd line player that can marginally put up 20+ goal seasons. Then that would truly be hilarious and bank robbery for the Leafs.

The Blue Devil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.