HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

THRASHERS @ LEAFS "SPOILER EDITION" | TUE, MAR 30 @7pm EST | SNET(HD), AM640

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
DopeyFish

vCash: 50
i thought irwin was playing tonight?

Old
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

vCash: 500
I dont think anyone needs to worry about finger/xlby getting more than their standard 6 mins a game. Heck we've been playing 5 dmen over the last 30 games, whats the big deal about cutting back to 4?

Old
03-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Honestly, even if they do draft Seguin, then I hope he turns into you average 2nd/3rd line player that can marginally put up 20+ goal seasons. Then that would truly be hilarious and bank robbery for the Leafs.
Exactly. I cannot stand how cocky Bruins fans are. They go on about how we traded picks that turned out to be Niedermeyer, Luongo, etc all these hypothetical moves (i.e. what if we drafted someone else with those picks?) when there franchise , to me, is clearly worse when it comes to trading away picks and there own superstars.

That said....Kill those ****ing trashers...GO LEAFS GO!

Old
03-30-2010, 01:56 PM
ansah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
I dont think anyone needs to worry about finger/xlby getting more than their standard 6 mins a game. Heck we've been playing 5 dmen over the last 30 games, whats the big deal about cutting back to 4?
they will be overworked and start making bad mistakes

Old
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansah View Post
they will be overworked and start making bad mistakes
I don't think it will be that bad.

Beauchemin and Phaneuf can play 26-30 minutes
Schenn and Kaberle will play 20-24
Finger and Exelby would play 6-10

Old
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Dave from Vancouver

Looking at each team's last ten and projecting points totals it will be us at 78, Florida at 77/78 and Tampa at 76/77. If Florida hit 78 I think they finish above us on wins. I'm expecting, lottery interference aside, that the Bruins will pick third. I just want us out of the top two.

Bolts, Panthers, Isles, Canes, now is the time to tank.

Old
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Meganuck*

Nice GDT, hoping for another solid game tonight, may The Monster play "scary".

Old
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Federko

If we win tonight we will tie our wins from last season...29. Interesting that we finished higher in the standings last year with almost as many wins as we have now...

Old
03-30-2010, 02:13 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Honestly, even if they do draft Seguin, then I hope he turns into you average 2nd/3rd line player that can marginally put up 20+ goal seasons. Then that would truly be hilarious and bank robbery for the Leafs.
I really hope Seguin's career isn't ruined by being stuck on the worst offensive team in the league with cap issues.

At least Boston will lose him in the near future after developing him, cause really... who wants to play for Boston's "second team" in that "other sport"?

Old
03-30-2010, 02:15 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
If we win tonight we will tie our wins from last season...29. Interesting that we finished higher in the standings last year with almost as many wins as we have now...
The Leafs won 34 times last year... that isn't interesting at all.

Old
03-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
The Leafs won 34 times last year... that isn't interesting at all.
Weird. I was quoting Mike Ulmer who clearly stated we'd be matching our wins from last year. Last line in the article: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

don't flame people before you know!

Old
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Christ

Quote:
I am not even a little bit worried about where the Leafs finish with regards to the draft pick. Sure it would be fun to get out of the top 5 this season as it would royally piss off the Bruins fan base but as far as I am concerned the Leafs cannot loose this deal. Kessel is a young star player who, unless injured is going score a hell of a lot of goals for us. He is excellent under pressure and does not need others to score.

No one can say how good a player the Bruins will get out of the pick that we gave them. He may be a star or one of an unthinkably long list of players who never lived up to their expectations. Kessel is living up to his expectations and we have him signed long term. Even if the pick does pan out, I don't see anyone in this years draft being a better player than Kessel is now...there is no superstar talent like Ovechkin, Crosby or Malkin in this draft.

Old
03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
I really hope Seguin's career isn't ruined by being stuck on the worst offensive team in the league with cap issues.

At least Boston will lose him in the near future after developing him, cause really... who wants to play for Boston's "second team" in that "other sport"?
3rd team, no way hockey is ahead of the Pats or Celtics

Old
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
ansah

Quote:
Weird. I was quoting Mike Ulmer who clearly stated we'd be matching our wins from last year. Last line in the article: http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

last year's record 34-35-13

Old
03-30-2010, 02:26 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
3rd team, no way hockey is ahead of the Pats or Celtics
who are all behind the Red Sox

Old
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansah View Post
last year's record 34-35-13
yes that was brought to my attention. however mike ulmer stated otherwise. ulmer then, is incorrect as i am for quoting him.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:03 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I am not even a little bit worried about where the Leafs finish with regards to the draft pick. Sure it would be fun to get out of the top 5 this season as it would royally piss off the Bruins fan base but as far as I am concerned the Leafs cannot loose this deal. Kessel is a young star player who, unless injured is going score a hell of a lot of goals for us. He is excellent under pressure and does not need others to score.

No one can say how good a player the Bruins will get out of the pick that we gave them. He may be a star or one of an unthinkably long list of players who never lived up to their expectations. Kessel is living up to his expectations and we have him signed long term. Even if the pick does pan out, I don't see anyone in this years draft being a better player than Kessel is now...there is no superstar talent like Ovechkin, Crosby or Malkin in this draft.
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. This is what I've been trying to tell my friends, family etc. I was just stating that it would/wil be funny to see the reaction of all the haters when they find out in 4 years that he is not as good as Kessel. I still think it's funny now especially when people were saying that Kessel would barely put up 20 goals without Savard. Looks like they were all wrong and Savard can't do anything without Kessel.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Tombernack

I'd really like to know if both Finger and XLB are in tonight before I purchase a pro line.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
The Big Swede

Even if we do indeed finish second last,whose to say that Hall/Seguin wont be much then a average 2nd liner?

With that in mind,hopefully Gunnarsson can play tonight because having a pairing of XLB-Finger could be quite scary

Old
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Even if we do indeed finish second last,whose to say that Hall/Seguin wont be much then a average 2nd liner?

With that in mind,hopefully Gunnarsson can play tonight because having a pairing of XLB-Finger could be quite scary
I am just wondering, when in the last five years has either of the top 2 picks been a bust?

Old
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Lahey

Dayymmm, iwas gonna make a GDT.. had class.. but this one is sick.. good job! ill just wait till the next game.. and im going to this game tonight! should be a good one.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
samwitch

Look at that record in the last 10 ..

Old
03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
who are all behind the Red Sox
Haha realized that as soon as I typed it

Old
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

We're coming out with another win tonight boys. Boston and their fans can suck a fat one, we're crawling out of the well like the chick from The Ring.... this one's gonna sting BASSTIN.

*Ring ring ring* Hey Tampa Bay, Florida, and NYI... it's for you. Toronto says hi!

Old
03-30-2010, 03:38 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:

Learn how to use quotations, until that day comes along, there is no point flaming someone because you don't understand what a quote is.

Closed Thread