HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THRASHERS @ LEAFS "SPOILER EDITION" | TUE, MAR 30 @7pm EST | SNET(HD), AM640

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Rifleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
I am just wondering, when in the last five years has either of the top 2 picks been a bust?
while Staal and Van Riemsdyk aren't busts, it's hard to think they were 2nd overall picks.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

I HATE dwelling on the past but honestly.. if we had an 'average' start (ANYTHING other than a 0-7-1 start...say 3-4-1), and had Dion/Giggy/Sjostrom around from say.. the start of Jan instead of end of Jan... we could be in the playoffs/borderline right now.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
I HATE dwelling on the past but honestly.. if we had an 'average' start (ANYTHING other than a 0-7-1 start...say 3-4-1), and had Dion/Giggy/Sjostrom around from say.. the start of Jan instead of end of Jan... we could be in the playoffs/borderline right now.
Well look at it in a positive way, next year the Leafs should be a playoff bubble team at least contending for a spot. I'll be absolutely shocked if this team is a lottery team again. Especially with our defense and Gus and Jiggy in net. Our D IMO is top 10 in the NHL.

Phaneuf, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Schenn, Gunnarsson, Kaberle(if we keep him) I would put that core up against anybody's.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Braggadocio

Quote:
It's nice to dream. Seriously, though, I know what you mean. Even though this has been a rough season for large parts, it's kind of odd that the Leafs are still as close as they are.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:58 PM
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braggadocio View Post
It's nice to dream. Seriously, though, I know what you mean. Even though this has been a rough season for large parts, it's kind of odd that the Leafs are still as close as they are.
Because despite some peoples best efforts to completely trash this team, we aren't far behind the talent level of about 6 teams ahead of us.

It feels odd to think we have a 6-10 place team, but outside of that awful start to the season, we really would. But they did start the season that way, so we are in the basement.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneymcstone View Post
Because despite some peoples best efforts to completely trash this team, we aren't far behind the talent level of about 6 teams ahead of us.

It feels odd to think we have a 6-10 place team, but outside of that awful start to the season, we really would. But they did start the season that way, so we are in the basement.
It's just fashionable to dump on everything Leaf related, to the rest of the hockey world, all we do is over hype our players our prospects(but that doesn't really make sense because to many we don't have any) we have no future, we gave up the next Gretzky in Hall or Seguin for Kessel( a now over hyped 22 year old sniper). I just ignore most of it.

But thats a reason why I love being a Leaf fan, when we lose people still can't stop talking about us and when we win there's nothing sweeter than watching these same people squirm and get all frustrated.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Unfortunately that's how it has been the past couple of years. The Leafs would go on some losing streak, when if they had at least one win they would've been in the playoffs. Think back to a couple of years ago when they got knocked out by one point because they gave up a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period against the Sabres.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Lahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Goose Stuffs In View Post
We're coming out with another win tonight boys. Boston and their fans can suck a fat one, we're crawling out of the well like the chick from The Ring.... this one's gonna sting BASSTIN.

*Ring ring ring* Hey Tampa Bay, Florida, and NYI... it's for you. Toronto says hi!
Second that, and the whole post..

I hate Boo-in fans... just got removed from the thread :projecting the leafs 1st round pick.. haha

Old
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
It's just fashionable to dump on everything Leaf related, to the rest of the hockey world, all we do is over hype our players our prospects(but that doesn't really make sense because to many we don't have any) we have no future, we gave up the next Gretzky in Hall or Seguin for Kessel( a now over hyped 22 year old sniper). I just ignore most of it.
Or as I call it, HFBoards as usual.

I'm expecting the Thrashers to at least be a little pissed off tonight at the start of the game. They had a good chance to catch Boston but wasted it with a crappy game against Carolina. It sounds clichéd but if the Leafs can outmatch or at least weather that, hopefully they can exploit the fact that the Thrashers played last night.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:36 PM
HemskyToHall*

I sorta want the Thrashers to win in OT....

I mean, I'd rather have them go into the playoffs than those bruins.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Lets Keep Kovy scoreless again! err. umm. uhh. Bergfors? White? Antro?

Old
03-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
Learn how to use quotations, until that day comes along, there is no point flaming someone because you don't understand what a quote is.

I was being sarcastic and point fun at myself. Relaxxxxxx

get it?

Old
03-30-2010, 04:38 PM
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPwnsSoccer View Post
I sorta want the Thrashers to win in OT....

I mean, I'd rather have them go into the playoffs than those bruins.
are you a leafs fan? you want the bruins to get seguin?

Old
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
jimmyjames

Quote:
i have thought about that too. we wouldn't even need the trades earlier if the old team didn't lose 90% of the time in OT and shoot outs

Old
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Julien View Post
Second that, and the whole post..

I hate Boo-in fans... just got removed from the thread :projecting the leafs 1st round pick.. haha
same here... got removed from the same thread and really dislike there ignorant fan base right now.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:41 PM
thas

If finger and XLB are playing together, just mark this one as a loss.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
It doesn't matter now, we know that they'll end up getting a blue chip prospect.

No I do not want Sequin or Hall with the Bruins.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Braggadocio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
I'm honestly not that bothered if the Bruins get Seguin. Even if they do, how many times would the Leafs play the Bruins in a year, seven times? Realistically, that's all the effect that Seguin would have on the team, unless he can supernaturally imbue his influence on other Leaf games somehow . I suppose if, hypothetically, the Leafs were to face Boston in a playoff series and Seguin happened to be integral to Toronto losing the series, I might be a bit more broken up about it, but it seems kind of silly of me to be worried about that small possibility.

Also, the Bruins might be a less threatening possibility for getting a quality player in the next few years than Tampa Bay or the Islanders. Stamkos/Seguin or Tavares/Seguin on one team is a bit more worrying to me than Savard/Seguin on Boston. That may just be me, though.

The only reason I want the Bruins to not get a quality draft pick is to spite Boston fans who eagerly cheer Leafs losses and mock the team at every opportunity. It's petty of me, yes, but I've come to terms with that. I don't know if I'm the only one with that particular motivation, either.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Jordan

Quote:
I don't know about that. This is the "March Mirage" they put on us every year.

As it's constructed right now, how would this team do in pressure-filled games that actually mean something? I'm not so sure they'd be anything better than 11th or 12th.

Having Kessel in October would've made a huge difference, but the truth is, the Toskala/MacDonald combo killed us.

Old
03-30-2010, 04:48 PM
The Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
same here... got removed from the same thread and really dislike there ignorant fan base right now.
Best to stay away from that thread Ritchie. You can onky get in trouble. Let them have their fun, we have Kessel, maybe in 3 years they might get someone as good as Kessel. Maybe not. I think the fact they are coming off a 116 point season and are now fighting for the play-offs speaks volumes as to why they are so desperate to perhaps get lucky and replace Phil with a draft pick.

Both teams have had hugesy disappointing seasons. I for one am very excited about the Leafs next year and they are entitled to be excited for next year as well.

Let them have their fun.

now back to the topic, Go Leafs Go !!!!

Old
03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
naturalnumbas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
I am just wondering, when in the last five years has either of the top 2 picks been a bust?
So you're saying its due to happen this year?

Old
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Boston vs. New Jersey
Tampa Bay vs. Columbus
New York Islanders vs New York Rangers

We want these teams to win

Old
03-30-2010, 05:15 PM
UkFlyer

does anybody have a stream?? im in the UK and cant get it on tv.

Old
03-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkLeaf View Post
does anybody have a stream?? im in the UK and cant get it on tv.
www.atdhe.net like every other night. It's not for another 40 minutes.

Old
03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrosse Guy View Post
Boston vs. New Jersey
Tampa Bay vs. Columbus
New York Islanders vs New York Rangers

We want these teams to win
Ok, why do we want BOS to win? What am I not seeing?

Closed Thread