HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Advance...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2004, 08:57 PM
  #1
Firefly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mohawk Valley
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Flyers Advance...

leetch

flyers

sigh.

hopefully they will get smoked by the Lightning!

Firefly is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 09:02 PM
  #2
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
leetch

flyers

sigh.

hopefully they will get smoked by the Lightning!
im hoping so, im a bigtime bulin fan collect memorabilia and all would love to see him get a cup

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 09:05 PM
  #3
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Nah there's a lot of guys on the Flyers who I've liked for their entire career and I'd like to see him play for a cup. Primeau, Roenick, Amonte, etc.

For as good as leetch was in the post season he definatly looked 36 years old to me.

Edge is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 09:28 PM
  #4
nyrcup94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Well, looks like I'll be rooting for a Tampa - San Jose finals!
And so long to the "Operation Brian" avatar!


Love that dancing banana!

nyrcup94 is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 10:04 PM
  #5
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
For as good as leetch was in the post season he definatly looked 36 years old to me.
I think the Leafs overplayed him. even when he was on poor Rangers teams, Leetch always played great against us., and was usually dominant offensively.

He was never the offensive player I thought he'd be in this series. I worried about Leetch taking over a gmae more than just about any other Leaf, and he never did it, thank god.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
  #6
Servo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94
Well, looks like I'll be rooting for a Tampa - San Jose finals!
And so long to the "Operation Brian" avatar!


Love that dancing banana!
San Jose, eh? Good team, but I'm hoping for a Calgary-TB final. I love the way that Calgary team plays.

Servo is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
  #7
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
well, atleast this meens that our second pick is the 26th rather than the 30th.

xander is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 10:29 PM
  #8
charliemurphy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Concrete Jungle, NYC
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I think the Leafs overplayed him. even when he was on poor Rangers teams, Leetch always played great against us., and was usually dominant offensively.

He was never the offensive player I thought he'd be in this series. I worried about Leetch taking over a gmae more than just about any other Leaf, and he never did it, thank god.
As Edge said, he did look 36 years old. He also looked as if he may have been playing hurt. Which wouldn't surprise me. Which I'm sure would have been a result from being 36 and overplaying. I really feel for him. Toronto is filled with vets and IMO...I don't think they'll get another chance to contend for a while. Who knows what the new CBA will bring? Who knows if there is even going to be an NHL next year?
Does anyone think Brian Leetch will retire as a Ranger?

charliemurphy is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:26 AM
  #9
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
well 3/4 i wanted san jose, calgary, tampa, and toronto for the final four with toronto vs. san jose in the finals but here's to a stanley cup playoffs.

n8 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 06:49 AM
  #10
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
well, atleast this meens that our second pick is the 26th rather than the 30th.
It's not necessarily the 26th pick. If Calgary wins the Stanley Cup, Calgary picks 30th instead of 19th, and Toronto moves up to #25. Eh, it's a silly reason to root for Calgary, but I'm hoping they win already, so this is just one more reason.

Actually, at this point I just hope it's someone besides Philly.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:01 AM
  #11
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
As Edge said, he did look 36 years old. He also looked as if he may have been playing hurt. Which wouldn't surprise me. Which I'm sure would have been a result from being 36 and overplaying. I really feel for him. Toronto is filled with vets and IMO...I don't think they'll get another chance to contend for a while. Who knows what the new CBA will bring? Who knows if there is even going to be an NHL next year?
Does anyone think Brian Leetch will retire as a Ranger?
Why is it people always say Leetch must be playing hurt when, the fact of the matter is, he just can't get it done the way he used to hurt or not. Leetch at 36 ain't Leetch at 30.

Agree on the Leafs. Like the Rangers, they are on the way down and will be there for a while.

kazo is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:28 AM
  #12
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,542
vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrcup94
Well, looks like I'll be rooting for a Tampa - San Jose finals!
And so long to the "Operation Brian" avatar!

How about Operation Kim and Vladimir?

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:32 AM
  #13
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
How about Operation Kim and Vladimir?

Nice try, but Operation Tortorella sounds much better. Sounds like one of those "epic WWII battles".

Not to mention Operations

Taylor

Neckar

and O' Keefe


Anything to keep from rooting for the Flyers!!!!

Davisian is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:39 AM
  #14
Flyers26
 
Flyers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: We must accept disap
Country: United States
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Nice try, but Operation Tortorella sounds much better. Sounds like one of those "epic WWII battles".

Not to mention Operations

Taylor

Neckar

and O' Keefe


Anything to keep from rooting for the Flyers!!!!
ya *******!

Flyers26 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 10:05 AM
  #15
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch
 
Frozen North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: OK
Country: United States
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Operation: Nils


Frozen North is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 11:20 AM
  #16
vbox81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
On that continued note : Operation Simon (says?), hope he isn't injured for the next series.

vbox81 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.