HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Terry Murray Critic - Murray Must Be Fired and He Must Be Fired Now!

Old
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
backhander

vCash: 500
Terry Murray Critic - Murray Must Be Fired and He Must Be Fired Now!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...-Now/125/27307

OUCH

Barry couldn't be more right about the line changes and Kompon!!?!!!

I personally have not been satisfied with Murray's frequent line changes this late in the season.

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:31 PM
MxK1NGS

Not yet.... Soon though but not yet...

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Shellz

Well, when you aren't scoring goals, lines will be changed. It just happens that we aren't scoring with the lines late in the season. So, either way, you're **** out of luck.

I don't like seeing the lines changed either and I'm Murray isn't satisfied with it. So, what else can you do? He's going to be trying everything before the playoffs start.

I don't take Barry seriously anyways.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

yeah I can't take anything Barry says seriously, he's a joke.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
JMFJ 3

Firing the coach is not the answer unfortunately, it's not going to change the fact that we can't finish to save our lives. Even if we do ****can Murray, who's going to come in and do a better job?

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 06:57 PM
redcard

Yeah, we need to fire Murray and find a coach who's never had a team go on a 4 game losing streak........

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Chruceg

Let me get this straight. Terry Murray has been a head coach for thirteen seasons and has made the playoffs in eight of them so far and it is very likely to be nine. And he's done it for franchises that have been classically regarded as inept. He took over Washington when they were the laughing stock of the NHL and they prospered. He led the Florida Panthers to a 92 point season. And now he has taken the perpetual door mat Kings to the doorstep of the playoffs and you want to fire him!? Let's take the hyperbole down a notch and look at facts.

As for Kompon I have three words: small sample size. The sixth ranked power play in the league is by its very definition a good power play.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I'm confused.

That was an article?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Ollie Weeks

Barry could say the sun is hot and I'd be tempted to disagree. I was wondering which one of us started the inevitable fire the coach thread, turns out it was that goof sitting over on the grassy knoll.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Defgarden

Might as well call it hockeylulz.com

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Mattias

I like his writings :/

Then again I still miss Joe Caligurgi's (sp off I'm sure) blog too.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
hmmm.............

the way how he writes is pure trash and makes you look away from his points.

I know you guys are arguing that the team is not able to finish.
I see this a different way.
The style Murray use to coach just steal away any offense from the team.
We never have real scoring chances " don't wanna hear about Brown in 5vs3"
i'm talking about the whole season.

This not getting chances is paired with an insane PP coach.
Hell i wouldn't call him a PP coach.
I would bet any money, the KIngs would score without an PP coach using just the line on the ice and their own ideas.

The Pens did it before..........
just do the same... fire the Coach just before playoff and win the cup

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
If Murray was to be fired, I don't think it would happen until at least the middle of next season.

Keep in mind when Dean Lombardi was running the Sharks, he never fired Darryl Sutter.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:30 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Imagine what it would be like if the Kings were run by a bi-polar, reactionary person like this. Oh wait, some of you can.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Imagine what it would be like if the Kings were run by a bi-polar, reactionary person like this. Oh wait, some of you can.
Sadly.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I'm confused.

That was an article?
lol.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
riseandfall9

I think Kompon is a peice of ****. I think hes the main problem with our power play. I dont think Murray should be fired though.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...-Now/125/27307

OUCH

Barry couldn't be more right about the line changes and Kompon!!?!!!

I personally have not been satisfied with Murray's frequent line changes this late in the season.
OK, I read this "blogger's" diatribe and obviously he does it just for effect.

Bottom line as I said a couple of days ago, Kings now have more wins then at any time in their history save 1990-1991, when they had 46. This is one of their best seasons ever.

Let me say that again.

This is one of their best seasons ever.

Just because the West is destroying the East (save Caps) and the Kings find themselves in the seventh seed is not relevant to the discussion. This is a good team, with a lot of talent, and are at the precipice of something special.

Blogging is transient, and will fade into nothingness not fast enough. Anyone with a website can blow chunks of diatribe. Where will this blogger be when the Kings win the Stanley Cup? Hopefully he will crawl back under the rock from whence he came.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2010, 11:43 PM
backhander

i wanted to post this after a friend at the rink told me about this "barry blog." i'm not too familiar with barry's blog so it's good to hear your input.

i still think murray's repeated line changes this late in the season doesn't really instill confidence in the team (in my view). well, i wanted to bring this blog rant to your attention. my intention was not to bring down the moral. it feels a little better after the win over nashville tonight.

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:59 AM
MollerManor

I don't read anything from Eklund or his team "bloggers" on this trash website.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:08 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Bottom line as I said a couple of days ago, Kings now have more wins then at any time in their history save 1990-1991, when they had 46. This is one of their best seasons ever.
... See, the convenient thing about having such a miserable franchise history is that any season where the team is above average can be placed in an argument as to whether it is one of the "best" seasons of that team.

The Kings have had 17 seasons where they have played .500 or better. Of those 17, they have had only SIX seasons where they've hit 90+ points without the benefit of loser points or shootout points. These are the Kings' six best seasons WITHOUT those extra points:

1) 1990-91, 46 wins, 102 points, +86 goal differential
2) 1974-75, 42 wins, 105 points, +84 goal differential
3) 1980-81, 43 wins, 99 points, +47 goal differential
4) 1988-89, 42 wins, 91 points, +41 goal differential
5) 2001-02, 40 wins, 91 points, +24 goal differential
6) 1999-00, 39 wins, 90 points, +17 goal differential

This season: 34 wins, 82 points, +14 goal differential

When you look at this season objectively and honestly, and look at the team's results in real hockey (non-shootout) situations thus far -- they compare more to the 1997-98 Kings (87 points) or the 1975-76 Kings (85 points) or the 2005-06 Kings (84 points), which are pretty good teams but clearly second-tier playoff teams at their best; nothing to get crazy over.

You're right in that this team has a lot of talent, and it is young with a lot of potential. And I also agree with you that nothing Matt Barry says about hockey should be taken seriously; it's ALL done for effect and not backed up by anything whatsoever. But, it should be important perspective-wise for Kings' fans to understand where their team is, realistically, in this building cycle. The question needs to be ... did Terry Murray lead this team to a better record than their talent level would indicate? If I had to answer that right now, I would answer "no". It doesn't mean Murray should be fired, but it DOES mean that he is not above reproach or scrutiny in the next season or two.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

You make a good point about "true" wins and points compared to teams past in terms of comparisons, but you are also missing the much more subtle point of "character" in getting that "extra" point in the overtime or the shootout.

Since you already did the homework, I will take it at face value the team has 34 wins in regulation.

That means the team has shown the necessary character in clutch situations for 9 wins (and not so much in 6 overtime/shootout losses). Even that is somewhat debatable, as 3 overtime/shootout losses have come of late, there was that stretch in the season that they were just unbeatable in the shootout.

What I am saying is, that even though the shootout is not available in the playoffs, it really gives me confidence (as I am sure it does the team as well) in the goalie. Quick has been awesome in the shootout and so has Bernier in his one shot.

If anything else, it shows this team has "mental toughness" (as Jim Fox is fond of saying). How far will carry them this year in the playoffs? That is anyone's guess.

However, I see a bright future ahead. I am also willing to give this team the benefit of the doubt in terms of history. I haven't seen this much talent on a Kings team since the Gretzky era. (The Deadmarsh/Miller era is not applicable here since injuries to both players limited that team from going anywhere.)

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 03:12 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
You make a good point about "true" wins and points compared to teams past in terms of comparisons, but you are also missing the much more subtle point of "character" in getting that "extra" point in the overtime or the shootout.
... Well, "character" -- it's that great unknown, isn't it? It can't really be measured, and I've had this same discussion with JDM; I don't discount this team's character, but I also question whether character is something relevant once the game goes to a shootout. The shootout, to me, is completely un-hockey. It's a coin flip, and it's irrelevant when it comes to accurately gauging how this team will fare in the playoffs, so I discount it. That may be right or may be wrong, but that's what I do.

Quote:
However, I see a bright future ahead. I am also willing to give this team the benefit of the doubt in terms of history. I haven't seen this much talent on a Kings team since the Gretzky era. (The Deadmarsh/Miller era is not applicable here since injuries to both players limited that team from going anywhere.)
... Agree 100%.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 03:27 AM
heartandsoul

This guy is a great coach. When the Kings brought him in, things changed, the culture changed, the kings started doing the little thing much better than they did under crawford. Also, their motivation is first rate, no one plays harder than the kings on a nightly basis. Murray has this team motivated, playing smart, playing well as a team. Spectacular job considering how many young and inexperienced players are on this team. I wouldnt trade this guy for anybody right now.

heartandsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 03:37 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Maybe he could get some charisma lessons from Tom Webster and Jim Playfair... Oh yes...firing Kompon would be another good thing for us...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote