HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Hilarious Hawks Billboard / Cup Jinx

Old
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
DarkReign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Toews changed my mind a bit during the Olympics, but I haven't seen enough to say that he'll lead any team to anything. Especially not with their goaltending as it stands.
Bingo.

Kane is the better player. Toews is kind of like Datsyuk in that he does a lot of the little things, whereas Kane just flat-out scores more (way more).

As a Wings fan, out of the two, who would I take right now on the Wings? Toews.

If I were starting a franchise, who would I take? Kane.

Six of one, half dozen of another, really.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Toews changed my mind a bit during the Olympics, but I haven't seen enough to say that he'll lead any team to anything. Especially not with their goaltending as it stands.
yeah, he was one of Canada's best players. Consistent throughout, didn't score many goals, but got assist and made some important plays. His performance overshadowed that punk Crosby, yet Crosby gets more coverage for scoring the game winning goal, when he didn't do anything else during the game.

Toews seems like a really good leader and can learn a lot still. He'll be a better player at his prime and point production will improve I am sure of it. But can he get them the Stanley Cup? That's a tall order.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
tinyjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Kwame would have built a mural of himself, but then he didn't need any help jinxing himself.

Kwame probably wouldn't have given himself a pig nose either...
Ah, good ol' Kwame. Him and his parties/antics/bodyguards made reading the paper and watching the news far more interesting.

tinyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Toews sucks. Kane is better.
I'd like whatever koolaid you're drinking.

04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Go Wings

Jaster did you put up that mural to screw the Hawks over??? If you did thanks

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
Bingo.

Kane is the better player. Toews is kind of like Datsyuk in that he does a lot of the little things, whereas Kane just flat-out scores more (way more).

As a Wings fan, out of the two, who would I take right now on the Wings? Toews.

If I were starting a franchise, who would I take? Kane.

Six of one, half dozen of another, really.
Kane doesn't score that much more. In fact, Toews, on average, scores more goals. I do think Kane is the better offensive player, but I disagree on who the better overall player is. Toews does it all, he's the more complete package.

Surprised to see you'd take Toews for the Wings now but Kane to start a franchise. I'd be the exact opposite. Kane is a scoring winger, something the Wings could use right now. I don't see as much of a need for a two-way center in Detroit at this time. With Toews being a center, the better two-way player, and the better leader, I'd take him over Kane to start a franchise.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 02:12 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Jaster did you put up that mural to screw the Hawks over??? If you did thanks
Nah, I just smudged the nose.

Old
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Kane doesn't score that much more. In fact, Toews, on average, scores more goals. I do think Kane is the better offensive player, but I disagree on who the better overall player is. Toews does it all, he's the more complete package.

Surprised to see you'd take Toews for the Wings now but Kane to start a franchise. I'd be the exact opposite. Kane is a scoring winger, something the Wings could use right now. I don't see as much of a need for a two-way center in Detroit at this time. With Toews being a center, the better two-way player, and the better leader, I'd take him over Kane to start a franchise.
Kane has cooled off a little now. Toews has been quite consistent throughout the year. And the Red Wings like two-way players, so Toews fits the profile perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Nah, I just smudged the nose.
Thanks! It's good enough.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 04:21 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Kane has cooled off a little now. Toews has been quite consistent throughout the year. And the Red Wings like two-way players, so Toews fits the profile perfectly.
In general, yes I agree, Toews is more of a Wings-like player and fits the system better. I was thinking in terms of what this team could use right now, going into the playoffs, and I think Kane fits the bill better. A winger with slightly more offensive upside. If we are talking about adding one beyond the playoffs, long-term, I take Toews though, no question.

Old
04-01-2010, 04:26 PM
DTWings

This may seem a little OT, but along the same lines as the Cup Jinx... check this out

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2010...osian-in-under

For those of you too lazy to read the article, SecondCityHockey is reporting that the Hawks have ALREADY put Division Champions hats on sale. Now granted, it's more than likely, but to do it before it is a mathematical certainty? Could this be the karma boost the Wings need to surge to the top of the division. Probably not, but hey, I can dream, can't I?

DTWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 05:20 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
At least Lions fans could watch home games on tv (Unless blacked out by NFL policy of course)
You say that as if it were a good thing, and not torture.

Why would anyone want to watch the Lions?

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 01:16 AM
InGusWeTrust
hockey.tk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWings View Post
This may seem a little OT, but along the same lines as the Cup Jinx... check this out

For those of you too lazy to read the article, SecondCityHockey is reporting that the Hawks have ALREADY put Division Champions hats on sale. Now granted, it's more than likely, but to do it before it is a mathematical certainty? Could this be the karma boost the Wings need to surge to the top of the division. Probably not, but hey, I can dream, can't I?
"Nashville and Scum"

They aren't referring to us are they

InGusWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWings View Post

I almost threw up in my mouth when I heard about this. A. You're making Division Champions hats? Really? Who gives a flying F about winning a division? It's obviously nice to lock up a top 3 seed and all but beyond that it's nothing to celebrate in that kind of manner. B. Why do it and advertise as such before it's actually official? Just folly after folly the past week with this off-the-ice marketing circus. And for the record, I'm a Hawks fan. This stuff is embarrassing. I suppose that's what happens when you have the Cubs ex-president running your operation.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I almost threw up in my mouth when I heard about this. A. You're making Division Champions hats? Really? Who gives a flying F about winning a division? It's obviously nice to lock up a top 3 seed and all but beyond that it's nothing to celebrate in that kind of manner. B. Why do it and advertise as such before it's actually official? Just folly after folly the past week with this off-the-ice marketing circus. And for the record, I'm a Hawks fan. This stuff is embarrassing. I suppose that's what happens when you have the Cubs ex-president running your operation.
Yes that ex-president of the Cubs who negotiated our TV deal with WGN and landed the Winter Classic with his connections to Cubs.

Also increased the profits of Rocky Wirtz and made Toews and Kane amongst Chicago's elite sports athletes.

I am a White Sox fan but I wont bash him for the accomplishments he has made. I bet your one of the conspiracy theorists who believe he was behind Huet and Campbell deals and the RFA fiasco?

Look at Tallon's history of overpaying players especially FA and then look at his other blunders.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yes that ex-president of the Cubs who negotiated our TV deal with WGN and landed the Winter Classic with his connections to Cubs.

Also increased the profits of Rocky Wirtz and made Toews and Kane amongst Chicago's elite sports athletes.

I am a White Sox fan but I wont bash him for the accomplishments he has made. I bet your one of the conspiracy theorists who believe he was behind Huet and Campbell deals and the RFA fiasco?

Look at Tallon's history of overpaying players especially FA and then look at his other blunders.
You need to tone it down a notch, chief. I was thrilled to hear McDonough was named President of the Hawks and I'm still thrilled to have him. Just because a guy has done a good job doesn't mean he's perfect and I have to agree with every single thing he does. Some of the marketing stuff has been a smidge overkill, but I've been ok with it. I think some of this other stuff, i.e. the mural, the Division Championship hats, screams overkill in my opinion and is rather embarrassing. That is all. Go take some valium and relax.

And that's the last I'll comment on this because this is a Red Wings forum.

Last edited by Blue Liner: 04-04-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
You need to tone it down a notch, chief. I was thrilled to hear McDonough was named President of the Hawks and I'm still thrilled to have him. Just because a guy has done a good job doesn't mean he's perfect and I have to agree with every single thing he does. Some of the marketing stuff has been a smidge overkill, but I've been ok with it. I think some of this other stuff, i.e. the mural, the Division Championship hats, screams overkill in my opinion and is rather embarrassing. That is all. Go take some valium and relax.

And that's the last I'll comment on this because this is a Red Wings forum.
Ok ,,, Figured you were one of those Tallon Apologist / Mcd bashers who try's to blame Tallon's blunders on others in organization.

Some of it does seem overkill I will agree.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:35 AM
rocknrollnobody

I hope the Blackhawks miss out on the Conference (there is yet hope!), and more importantly, fail in the first round of the playoffs.

Arrogance such as this deserves failure.

Plus the arrogance can't even be shown correctly. I mean, Toews looks like a Picasso! If you're going to be arrogant, at least make sure you don't screw it up!

rocknrollnobody is offline   Reply With Quote