Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Christopher Fischer underrated?

Old
03-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Tronador

vCash: 500
Christopher Fischer underrated?

Hi,

i haven't heart anything in the news about the young defender Christopher Fischer(born 1988), also about getting a chance in the national team. I never have seen him playing (no hockey-team in Berlin, i would go to. ), so may be someone can say some words about him, about his chances for the future.

When i take a look at his statistics, they seem to be pretty good:

19 points in 47 games and a +25 !!

http://del.stats.pointstreak.com/pla...&seasonid=4140
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15221

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 05:28 AM
Tronador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
Hi,

i haven't heart anything in the news about the young defender Christopher Fischer(born 1988), also about getting a chance in the national team. I never have seen him playing (no hockey-team in Berlin, i would go to. ), so may be someone can say some words about him, about his chances for the future.

When i take a look at his statistics, they seem to be pretty good:

19 points in 47 games and a +25 !!

http://del.stats.pointstreak.com/pla...&seasonid=4140
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15221
Yesterday he had again an assists and has now +26!!!

Old
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
fuechsken

I don't think that Fischer is underrated. He is playing a surprisingly good season and I would like to see him play on this level constantly over the next years. He should be a legitimate alternative for Team Germany for years to come, but only if he can establish his game on the current level. I would expect him to maintain his level of scoring, although his +/- is kind of astronomical right now. He has the potential to be a No. 3-4 defender in one of the top teams in the league.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Tronador

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
I don't think that Fischer is underrated. He is playing a surprisingly good season and I would like to see him play on this level constantly over the next years. He should be a legitimate alternative for Team Germany for years to come, but only if he can establish his game on the current level. I would expect him to maintain his level of scoring, although his +/- is kind of astronomical right now. He has the potential to be a No. 3-4 defender in one of the top teams in the league.
Hi,

thanks for the comment. I am also surprised about B.Kohl playing in Augsburg. He also seem to have a good season as a defender.

See Ya.

Tronador

Old
03-21-2010, 12:04 PM
fuechsken

Benedikt Kohl is playing a very good season in Augsburg, he's the second-best German scorer of the team, although he "only" has 16 points. He is only 21 years old and I think that he has a good career in front of him. He's not playing spectacularly, but he has found his role in the team. I don't expect him to develop into a big scorer or a No. 1-2 defender, but like Fischer he has the potential to establish as one of the best German No. 3-4 defenders in the league. It should be interesting to see his play-off performance and his development in the next season (he is going to stay with the Augsburg Panthers).

Old
03-22-2010, 04:10 AM
Tronador

So some very good possibilities for the following national teams.

I am a little bit disappointed about Dennis Reul from Mannheim. May be next season he will take the chance, he gets there.

May be there are also some young defenders from the 2th league, who will get a chance next year in the DEL.

Thanks by the way for the infos about Benedikt Kohl!

See Ya.

Old
03-22-2010, 05:54 AM
fuechsken

Dennis Reul is not playing a bad season, but he definitely has to get used to DEL hockey. Since he is a big guy with limited technique, he likes using his body. The problem is that most DEL refs send him to the bench as soon as he makes contact with an opponent. He's not playing unfair, but most referees don't like contact hockey. In any other country he could be a really tough stay-at-home defender, that scares the s*** out of the opponent's forwards. As soon as they realize, that hockey is a contact sport, Reul can really step up and play his game.
And don't forget, that he's playing his rookie season in the DEL and even with his limited technique he is making the best out of it. And he seems to learn a lot from Dan McGillis on the ice. He should develop into a solid stay-at-home dman over the next 2-3 years. Expect him to play his role in a team, but not more.

Old
03-22-2010, 08:29 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
Dennis Reul is not playing a bad season, but he definitely has to get used to DEL hockey. Since he is a big guy with limited technique, he likes using his body. The problem is that most DEL refs send him to the bench as soon as he makes contact with an opponent. He's not playing unfair, but most referees don't like contact hockey. In any other country he could be a really tough stay-at-home defender, that scares the s*** out of the opponent's forwards. As soon as they realize, that hockey is a contact sport, Reul can really step up and play his game.
And don't forget, that he's playing his rookie season in the DEL and even with his limited technique he is making the best out of it. And he seems to learn a lot from Dan McGillis on the ice. He should develop into a solid stay-at-home dman over the next 2-3 years. Expect him to play his role in a team, but not more.
he needs to learn skating. he's an awful skater. he doesn't fit to NA hockey because of his skating and not to the DEL because of his toughness. i hope he can sort of get it together.

and it doesn't help that kreis will be new coach with his 3 lines hockey. i mean, mannheim was never famous for giving germans ice-time even though they have the best youth program, but the future will be even darker for germans. fischer, kohl, brückner...many more will follow and try to get to the DEL elsewhere.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:19 AM
fuechsken

I agree. But I expect him to reach a sufficient level of skating-skills, so he can establish as a solid, but definitely not outstanding player in the DEL. But you are totally right, his future won't take place in Mannheim, that's for sure.

Old
04-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Tronador

Last game Fischer scored one goal and had 3 assists in the 6-1 win in the semi-final against Augsburg!!!

I really think he should get a chance in the national team!