HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predict Draft Day Trades

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
  #1
GSG #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Predict Draft Day Trades

I suspect that this year Bonk will probably be moved at the draft (much to Garrioch's glee), as he seems to no longer fit in our plans. He could probably fetch a decent package, maybe a fairly high pick and a prospect... Just a wild guess...

What are your predictions for any draft day trades? Will 'Mad Mike' be active as he can tend to be? Will Florida move their first as they tend to do? etc. etc. Just make some predictions...

GSG #18 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 01:05 AM
  #2
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
I think the Caps will trade there two later 1st round picks to move up in the draft.

They have so many prospects, they can start going for quality instead of quantity. Its no secret that they are very high on Barker, but I doubt they could move that high up. Look for them to try to move into the top 15 though.

Jasper17 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 02:49 AM
  #3
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,819
vCash: 500
If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 03:13 AM
  #4
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Oilers will likely try and move up, using guys like Rita, Isbister, Chimera, etc as bait. just a guess...

Oilers trade J. Rita, J. Smith and 14th Overall Pick to NYR for J. Lundmark and NYR's 6th Overall pick.

Mowzie is online now  
Old
05-05-2004, 03:33 AM
  #5
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.
You're not going to get a proven number one d-man for the 10th overall pick..

Cerebral is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 04:53 AM
  #6
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.
does J. Smith count?

Mowzie is online now  
Old
05-05-2004, 08:37 AM
  #7
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,019
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Oilers will likely try and move up, using guys like Rita, Isbister, Chimera, etc as bait. just a guess...

Oilers trade J. Rita, J. Smith and 14th Overall Pick to NYR for J. Lundmark and NYR's 6th Overall pick.

Don't see that happening.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 08:50 AM
  #8
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG #18
I suspect that this year Bonk will probably be moved at the draft (much to Garrioch's glee), as he seems to no longer fit in our plans. He could probably fetch a decent package, maybe a fairly high pick and a prospect... Just a wild guess...

What are your predictions for any draft day trades? Will 'Mad Mike' be active as he can tend to be? Will Florida move their first as they tend to do? etc. etc. Just make some predictions...
That's actually a pretty good idea. I'm not convinced Bonk can land a contributing roster player on the order of what Ottawa would want in return, but I could certainly see a team making a draft day trade for a pick and prospect. I'm not sure that either the pick or the prospect would be earth shattering in value, but together would make for a pretty good return.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:05 AM
  #9
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.
You can have Brenden Witt for that

Jasper17 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:10 AM
  #10
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,019
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.

Not sure if they will get a true proven #1 defenseman. But they could certainly get Rachunek or Poti from the Rangers!

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 09:57 AM
  #11
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Not sure if they will get a true proven #1 defenseman. But they could certainly get Rachunek or Poti from the Rangers!
Speaking of Poti, is he a lock to be dealt?
If so, what is the thought of his market value?

Rex88 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 10:37 AM
  #12
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,371
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG #18
I suspect that this year Bonk will probably be moved at the draft (much to Garrioch's glee), as he seems to no longer fit in our plans. He could probably fetch a decent package, maybe a fairly high pick and a prospect... Just a wild guess...

What are your predictions for any draft day trades? Will 'Mad Mike' be active as he can tend to be? Will Florida move their first as they tend to do? etc. etc. Just make some predictions...

I wouldn't be surprised if Milbury moved Aucoin or Hamrlik during draft weekend.Not necessarily getting picks in the deal because this isn't a great draft after the first few picks.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 11:27 AM
  #13
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I think the Caps will trade there two later 1st round picks to move up in the draft.

They have so many prospects, they can start going for quality instead of quantity. Its no secret that they are very high on Barker, but I doubt they could move that high up. Look for them to try to move into the top 15 though.
I see it happening as well. Barker or Thelen.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 11:31 AM
  #14
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,323
vCash: 500
I'm assuming Barker will go at 3.
If that is the case, Columbus will trade down somewhere between 4-11 and pick up an extra pick.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 11:48 AM
  #15
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I'm assuming Barker will go at 3.
If that is the case, Columbus will trade down somewhere between 4-11 and pick up an extra pick.
Would a package consisting of:

1st round pick (26th overall)
1st round pick (29th overall)
2nd round pick (33rd overall)
2nd round pick (56th overall) * Toronto's compensation
2nd round pick (59th overall)

work?

EroCaps is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
  #16
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
It better. That is a solid package. If it were me, I would want to change the 2nd 2nd rounder (the 56th overall) to your second rounder next year but that is a solid deal. Of course, I would be drafting for the Kings and if I had the third pick since we are so bloody lacking at Center I wouldn't be fast to deal the pck but if I were Cbus with their depth, I would.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
  #17
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
Would a package consisting of:

1st round pick (26th overall)
1st round pick (29th overall)
2nd round pick (33rd overall)
2nd round pick (56th overall) * Toronto's compensation
2nd round pick (59th overall)

work?
I've chimed in on possible Caps-CBJ draft trades a few times. Here is where the conversation would have to start for me. Just one man's opinion.

One of: Eminger, Morrisson or Semin. +
2005 1st round. +
2004 2nd round (33 and 56)

That is what I'd ask for. My reasoning -- Columbus can't fall to 26 and 29 in the first. That's way too far for a young organization to drop in the draft. They would need something of quality (not quantity) back. One of those players would fit that for me. It's rolling the dice, but I'm going to say the 05 1st rounder is going to be higher than the 26th and 29th this year. I'd gamble with that. Washington's picks in this draft, to me, are throw-ins, not the value.

If I was under the gun, I'd consider dropping the player or the 05 1st rounder in favor of more picks in this draft. But, to even consider the deal, it would have to have at least one of those two elements.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
  #18
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
If Stafford, Thelen, Radulov, and ummm...well someone can't think of who, I hope and wish Minnesota moves down to acquire more picks.

 
Old
05-05-2004, 12:10 PM
  #19
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I've chimed in on possible Caps-CBJ draft trades a few times. Here is where the conversation would have to start for me. Just one man's opinion.

One of: Eminger, Morrisson or Semin. +
2005 1st round. +
2004 2nd round (33 and 56)

That is what I'd ask for. My reasoning -- Columbus can't fall to 26 and 29 in the first. That's way too far for a young organization to drop in the draft. They would need something of quality (not quantity) back. One of those players would fit that for me. It's rolling the dice, but I'm going to say the 05 1st rounder is going to be higher than the 26th and 29th this year. I'd gamble with that. Washington's picks in this draft, to me, are throw-ins, not the value.

If I was under the gun, I'd consider dropping the player or the 05 1st rounder in favor of more picks in this draft. But, to even consider the deal, it would have to have at least one of those two elements.
I mean no offense, but that'd be a ludicrous deal for Washington. Trade two young blue chip players for one? Even disregarding the 1st round pick, it's two steps backwards.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
  #20
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Ero: One blue chip prospect, a 1st rounder next year, and 2 second rounders isn't that steep, especially considered that there is a bit of a drop off around the 15-20th pick this year on prospect quality.

So if you think 2 1st Rounders + a 2nd rounder can move you up to the 4th pick, move along.

 
Old
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
  #21
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
Would a package consisting of:

1st round pick (26th overall)
1st round pick (29th overall)
2nd round pick (33rd overall)
2nd round pick (56th overall) * Toronto's compensation
2nd round pick (59th overall)

work?
What compensation is this?

Hopefully you're not referring to compensation for the Calle Johansson signing.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:19 PM
  #22
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Ero: One blue chip prospect, a 1st rounder next year, and 2 second rounders isn't that steep, especially considered that there is a bit of a drop off around the 15-20th pick this year on prospect quality.

So if you think 2 1st Rounders + a 2nd rounder can move you up to the 4th pick, move along.
Pitkanen went for Fedotenko.

It goes, AO (moderate drop off), Malkin (big drop off)

EroCaps is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:20 PM
  #23
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
What compensation is this?

Hopefully you're not referring to compensation for the Calle Johansson signing.
I thought it was Toronto's second? Am I wrong?

EroCaps is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:21 PM
  #24
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
I thought it was Toronto's second? Am I wrong?
Yes.

The compensation pick is given to a team through the NHL... and I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. It most likely might be a late pick in the draft... probably between the 5th and 7th round.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 12:22 PM
  #25
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
DON'T USE THE FEDOTENKO TRADE! It was just one trade and now we're setting precident over what is going to be traded?

Hell if that's the case...

Wild will trade Mikko Koivu for the 2nd overall pick...

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.