HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predict Draft Day Trades

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
GSG #18

vCash: 500
Predict Draft Day Trades

I suspect that this year Bonk will probably be moved at the draft (much to Garrioch's glee), as he seems to no longer fit in our plans. He could probably fetch a decent package, maybe a fairly high pick and a prospect... Just a wild guess...

What are your predictions for any draft day trades? Will 'Mad Mike' be active as he can tend to be? Will Florida move their first as they tend to do? etc. etc. Just make some predictions...

Old
05-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Jasper17

I think the Caps will trade there two later 1st round picks to move up in the draft.

They have so many prospects, they can start going for quality instead of quantity. Its no secret that they are very high on Barker, but I doubt they could move that high up. Look for them to try to move into the top 15 though.

Old
05-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.

Old
05-05-2004, 03:13 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Oilers will likely try and move up, using guys like Rita, Isbister, Chimera, etc as bait. just a guess...

Oilers trade J. Rita, J. Smith and 14th Overall Pick to NYR for J. Lundmark and NYR's 6th Overall pick.

Old
05-05-2004, 03:33 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
If Barker and Thelen are gone by pick 10 (highly likely), watch for Atlanta to move their 1st round pick for a proven no.1 d-man.
You're not going to get a proven number one d-man for the 10th overall pick..

Old
05-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
does J. Smith count?

Old
05-05-2004, 08:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Oilers will likely try and move up, using guys like Rita, Isbister, Chimera, etc as bait. just a guess...

Oilers trade J. Rita, J. Smith and 14th Overall Pick to NYR for J. Lundmark and NYR's 6th Overall pick.

Don't see that happening.

05-05-2004, 08:50 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG #18
I suspect that this year Bonk will probably be moved at the draft (much to Garrioch's glee), as he seems to no longer fit in our plans. He could probably fetch a decent package, maybe a fairly high pick and a prospect... Just a wild guess...

What are your predictions for any draft day trades? Will 'Mad Mike' be active as he can tend to be? Will Florida move their first as they tend to do? etc. etc. Just make some predictions...
That's actually a pretty good idea. I'm not convinced Bonk can land a contributing roster player on the order of what Ottawa would want in return, but I could certainly see a team making a draft day trade for a pick and prospect. I'm not sure that either the pick or the prospect would be earth shattering in value, but together would make for a pretty good return.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Jasper17

Quote:
You can have Brenden Witt for that

Old
05-05-2004, 09:10 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Not sure if they will get a true proven #1 defenseman. But they could certainly get Rachunek or Poti from the Rangers!

Old
05-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Not sure if they will get a true proven #1 defenseman. But they could certainly get Rachunek or Poti from the Rangers!
Speaking of Poti, is he a lock to be dealt?
If so, what is the thought of his market value?

Old
05-05-2004, 10:37 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG #18

I wouldn't be surprised if Milbury moved Aucoin or Hamrlik during draft weekend.Not necessarily getting picks in the deal because this isn't a great draft after the first few picks.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:27 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I think the Caps will trade there two later 1st round picks to move up in the draft.

They have so many prospects, they can start going for quality instead of quantity. Its no secret that they are very high on Barker, but I doubt they could move that high up. Look for them to try to move into the top 15 though.
I see it happening as well. Barker or Thelen.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:31 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

I'm assuming Barker will go at 3.
If that is the case, Columbus will trade down somewhere between 4-11 and pick up an extra pick.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:48 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I'm assuming Barker will go at 3.
If that is the case, Columbus will trade down somewhere between 4-11 and pick up an extra pick.
Would a package consisting of:

1st round pick (26th overall)
1st round pick (29th overall)
2nd round pick (33rd overall)
2nd round pick (56th overall) * Toronto's compensation
2nd round pick (59th overall)

work?

Old
05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
punchy1

It better. That is a solid package. If it were me, I would want to change the 2nd 2nd rounder (the 56th overall) to your second rounder next year but that is a solid deal. Of course, I would be drafting for the Kings and if I had the third pick since we are so bloody lacking at Center I wouldn't be fast to deal the pck but if I were Cbus with their depth, I would.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps

work?
I've chimed in on possible Caps-CBJ draft trades a few times. Here is where the conversation would have to start for me. Just one man's opinion.

One of: Eminger, Morrisson or Semin. +
2005 1st round. +
2004 2nd round (33 and 56)

That is what I'd ask for. My reasoning -- Columbus can't fall to 26 and 29 in the first. That's way too far for a young organization to drop in the draft. They would need something of quality (not quantity) back. One of those players would fit that for me. It's rolling the dice, but I'm going to say the 05 1st rounder is going to be higher than the 26th and 29th this year. I'd gamble with that. Washington's picks in this draft, to me, are throw-ins, not the value.

If I was under the gun, I'd consider dropping the player or the 05 1st rounder in favor of more picks in this draft. But, to even consider the deal, it would have to have at least one of those two elements.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
If Stafford, Thelen, Radulov, and ummm...well someone can't think of who, I hope and wish Minnesota moves down to acquire more picks.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:10 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I've chimed in on possible Caps-CBJ draft trades a few times. Here is where the conversation would have to start for me. Just one man's opinion.

One of: Eminger, Morrisson or Semin. +
2005 1st round. +
2004 2nd round (33 and 56)

That is what I'd ask for. My reasoning -- Columbus can't fall to 26 and 29 in the first. That's way too far for a young organization to drop in the draft. They would need something of quality (not quantity) back. One of those players would fit that for me. It's rolling the dice, but I'm going to say the 05 1st rounder is going to be higher than the 26th and 29th this year. I'd gamble with that. Washington's picks in this draft, to me, are throw-ins, not the value.

If I was under the gun, I'd consider dropping the player or the 05 1st rounder in favor of more picks in this draft. But, to even consider the deal, it would have to have at least one of those two elements.
I mean no offense, but that'd be a ludicrous deal for Washington. Trade two young blue chip players for one? Even disregarding the 1st round pick, it's two steps backwards.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Ero: One blue chip prospect, a 1st rounder next year, and 2 second rounders isn't that steep, especially considered that there is a bit of a drop off around the 15-20th pick this year on prospect quality.

So if you think 2 1st Rounders + a 2nd rounder can move you up to the 4th pick, move along.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:

work?
What compensation is this?

Hopefully you're not referring to compensation for the Calle Johansson signing.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:19 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Ero: One blue chip prospect, a 1st rounder next year, and 2 second rounders isn't that steep, especially considered that there is a bit of a drop off around the 15-20th pick this year on prospect quality.

So if you think 2 1st Rounders + a 2nd rounder can move you up to the 4th pick, move along.
Pitkanen went for Fedotenko.

It goes, AO (moderate drop off), Malkin (big drop off)

Old
05-05-2004, 12:20 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
What compensation is this?

Hopefully you're not referring to compensation for the Calle Johansson signing.
I thought it was Toronto's second? Am I wrong?

Old
05-05-2004, 12:21 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
I thought it was Toronto's second? Am I wrong?
Yes.

The compensation pick is given to a team through the NHL... and I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. It most likely might be a late pick in the draft... probably between the 5th and 7th round.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:22 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
DON'T USE THE FEDOTENKO TRADE! It was just one trade and now we're setting precident over what is going to be traded?

Hell if that's the case...

Wild will trade Mikko Koivu for the 2nd overall pick...

Closed Thread