HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can a brotha get a GDT? 4/1/10 Kings v. Vancouver

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2010, 04:46 PM
  #1
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Can a brotha get a GDT? 4/1/10 Kings v. Vancouver

You thought this was a GDT didn't you?

April fools!

But seriously, there has to some place to talk about the game.

So, Bernier. I imagine if he beats Nashville AND Vancouver back to back, the two biggest banes of the Kings' existence in recent years, the fallout on this board will be feature more insanity than after the losses to Minnesota or Dallas.

Time for Smyth to start scoring again.

Time for Stoll to hit the net.

Time for Johnson to play defense.

Time for tapas.















THE HORROR!



That was gross.

We need something more pleasant.



That's better.

Or, more truly, that better be.


Last edited by JDM: 04-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.
JDM is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
  #2
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 863
Mmmmmmmmmmm Tapas!


I'll try

Time for Kopitar to heat back up

Time for Greene to send Sedins flying

Time for Simmonds to break out of his funk.

Time for a beer!
(In 2 hours)

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
  #3
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
You thought this was a GDT didn't you?

April fools!

But seriously, there has to some place to talk about the game.

So, Bernier. I imagine if he beats Nashville AND Vancouver back to back, the two biggest banes of the Kings' existence in recent years, the fallout on this board will be feature more insanity than after the losses to Minnesota or Dallas.

Time for Smyth to start scoring again.

Time for Stoll to hit the net.

Time for Johnson to play defense.

Time for tapas.
Is he a new forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmm Tapas!


I'll try

Time for Kopitar to heat back up

Time for Greene to send Sedins flying

Time for Simmonds to break out of his funk.

Time for a beer!
(In 2 hours)
Why wait.


Ok, for the sake of the GDT, and in honor of SLang short lived tenure drawing up our GDT's:

Time for our Dumbassess to just win again!

Time for Frolov to take over.

Time for a Goaltender controversy.

Time for Two more points.

Time for playoff hockey. (soon, very soon)

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
  #4
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,016
vCash: 500
Anybody else feel this has playoff preview written all over it? I have a feeling that LA is going to finish 6th ahead of Nashville and Colorado.

Living in the Peg there is a very strong Canuck contingent here, one of whom is my best friend, so thatd make for a interesting series. Personnally I think that that series would be lots of fun, esspecially we pulled off the upset.

For tonight I'm saying 4-2 Kings
Brown(2), Kopitar, Greene
Bernier 33svs

Go Kings!

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
  #5
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Hey SLang can still make one.

I'm no GDT wizard. Just a sarcastic photo-puller.

JDM is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:39 PM
  #6
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator
 
saintsnsoldiers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Logan, Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Is this game not on Center Ice, Its on the NHL channel bummer if that's the case. Probably have to listen to other announcers.

saintsnsoldiers is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:51 PM
  #7
jimmy1100
Registered User
 
jimmy1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Anybody else feel this has playoff preview written all over it? I have a feeling that LA is going to finish 6th ahead of Nashville and Colorado.
Living in the Peg there is a very strong Canuck contingent here, one of whom is my best friend, so thatd make for a interesting series. Personnally I think that that series would be lots of fun, esspecially we pulled off the upset.

For tonight I'm saying 4-2 Kings
Brown(2), Kopitar, Greene
Bernier 33svs

Go Kings!
Very much so. Detroit is hot, healthy and have 3 games left against Columbus. I think we can pass Nashville and stay ahead of Colorado.

Things could get VERY interesting if Bernier stands on his head tonight and we match up against VAN in the 1st round.

jimmy1100 is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 05:55 PM
  #8
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I'll be at the game tonight. . . which means they're going to lose . . . Sorry guys. . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:02 PM
  #9
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
Is this game not on Center Ice, Its on the NHL channel bummer if that's the case. Probably have to listen to other announcers.
It'll be on NHL network

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
  #10
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I'll be at the game tonight. . . which means they're going to lose . . . Sorry guys. . . .
Mother****er!


Stay home man! Take one for the team.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
  #11
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
I'll be at the game tonight which means, the Kings are goin to win the Stanley Cup tonight!

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
  #12
backhander
Registered User
 
backhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Go Kings!!! Hat Trick Bernier...i mean shutout

backhander is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
  #13
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,189
vCash: 500
Attention! Attention!

I am going to the game.

This means my 0-6-2* record for this season when going to games may either look even worse or finally be broken. So do not expect victory as the trend has been this season for me losses.


*There was a game I was supposed to go to, but my car broke down and I wasn't able to go, however I did have a ticket and the Kings DID lose, so merely my intention to go seemed to have cursed them.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:21 PM
  #14
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Mother****er!


Stay home man! Take one for the team.
Need to get my Smyth Bobble-Head

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
  #15
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,817
vCash: 500
Sometimes before the game, i play it on NHL 10 so like nucks at kings...whenever i win on the video game the kings lose on the real game. IT SUCKS!

dont worry i wont play it today......

FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
  #16
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,903
vCash: 500
Take one for the team guys.

Cruel11 is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
  #17
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
****, I forgot about the bobblehead tonight. I may not get this one

JDM is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 06:31 PM
  #18
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I'll be at the game tonight. . . which means they're going to lose . . . Sorry guys. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Attention! Attention!

I am going to the game.

This means my 0-6-2* record for this season when going to games may either look even worse or finally be broken. So do not expect victory as the trend has been this season for me losses.


*There was a game I was supposed to go to, but my car broke down and I wasn't able to go, however I did have a ticket and the Kings DID lose, so merely my intention to go seemed to have cursed them.
Both of you are :


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 05-21-2010 at 12:33 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
  #19
CloutierForVezina
Registered User
 
CloutierForVezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Vancouver fan, coming in peace.

You guys let Henrik get 3 points, we'll let Doughty get 3 points and we'll take it to overtime. Henrik gets a little help winning the Art Ross, Doughty gets a little help hitting 60 points, both teams get a point and everyone is happy.

Deal? k.

CloutierForVezina is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
  #20
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Vancouver fan, coming in peace.

You guys let Henrik get 3 points, we'll let Doughty get 3 points and we'll take it to overtime. Henrik gets a little help winning the Art Ross, Doughty gets a little help hitting 60 points, both teams get a point and everyone is happy.

Deal? k.
Counter:

Kopitar gets 2 points to break his season high.

Henrik Sedin gets 3 free facial reconstructive surgeries to help make him look human.

JDM is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
  #21
CloutierForVezina
Registered User
 
CloutierForVezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Counter:

Kopitar gets 2 points to break his season high.

Henrik Sedin gets 3 free facial reconstructive surgeries to help make him look human.
Henrik respectfully declines, passing on the 3 free facial reconstructive surgeries to help make Kopitar look less like the lovechild of Frankenstein's monster and a zombie.

... And Henrik gets 6 points.

CloutierForVezina is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
  #22
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!
 
hauspaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: South Korea
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Henrik Sedin gets 3 free facial reconstructive surgeries to help make him look human.
LOL, I was thinking only way to tell the difference between those Sedins would be somebody to break their faces....

hauspaint is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
  #23
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 500
Sorry guys...in meetings all day until now, couldn't get to the GDT.....will be on it next game.

Since it seemed to work last time:


SLang is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:27 PM
  #24
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Henrik respectfully declines, passing on the 3 free facial reconstructive surgeries to help make Kopitar look less like the lovechild of Frankenstein's monster and a zombie.

... And Henrik gets 6 points.
You owe us for taking Cloutier off your hands...

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
04-01-2010, 07:39 PM
  #25
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Henrik respectfully declines, passing on the 3 free facial reconstructive surgeries to help make Kopitar look less like the lovechild of Frankenstein's monster and a zombie.

... And Henrik gets 6 points.
Counter Counter: You give us back the pick's from the Cloutier trade, Henrik keeps his face intact.

redcard is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.