HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues @ Predators

Old
04-01-2010, 05:34 PM
EOM

vCash: 500
Blues @ Predators

Let's go Blues

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
EOM

Anyone have a stream? I can't find anything.

Old
04-01-2010, 07:28 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Anyone have a stream? I can't find anything.
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-nhl-7.html

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:30 PM
SFKingshomer

Kings fan here. Anyone know why Colaiacovo isn't playing? I have him in my keeper and I'm wondering if I need to find a replacement, thanks. Good luck pushing towards the 8th seed...

Old
04-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

Roman throwing bombs, bad shoulder and all!

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:37 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Jesus Polak why are you fighting with a shoulder injury?

Though he did kick the crap of the college boy.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Stang

i heard on the radio cola had an upper? body injury. i think kariya had lower and carlo had upper....or maybe it was the other way around. i havent heard anything about it until now so i don't think its anything too serious

edit: yeah roman was swingin for the fences

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
EOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Thanks but it's not working. I'm pretty sure that site steals streams from myp2p, same as atdhe does. Since no one's streaming it at myp2p then channelsurfing isn't going to have it either.

Old
04-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Looked like he was crying..

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Thanks but it's not working. I'm pretty sure that site steals streams from myp2p, same as atdhe does. Since no one's streaming it at myp2p then channelsurfing isn't going to have it either.
Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Old
04-01-2010, 08:05 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Roman in the box. Thank god. Would've been a huge loss.

Old
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Perron and Berg look excellent. Everyones back checking hard (even Boyes) and Mason looks great. Refereeing been questionable. Blues always seem to end up with the only minor on scrums after the whistle.

Old
04-01-2010, 08:20 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Is Dustin Boyd the new Scott Nichol? The Blues killer from Nashville who does nothing against the rest of the league.

When Darryl Sydor's on the ice, bad things happen.

Old
04-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

EJ needs to learn how to man up!!! That guy should have been on his ass, especially with the puck between his skates. Then Jaxs feels the need to come over and help, leaving his man, because EJ can't take care of it on his own. TERRIBLE

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
St.Louis sports fan

And Jackman strikes again.....pathetic display of defense with 3 seconds left in the period.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 08:48 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
And Jackman strikes again.....pathetic display of defense with 3 seconds left in the period.
I figured someone would be looking to blame Jackman for that play(even though it was Johnson's fault). I'm not surprised it was you!

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

I mean EJ didn't play that well but all Jackman had to do was stop in front of the net instead of skate right by the play.

Payne went a little uber-defensive after they scored their goal. Perron and Berglund were playing great I think they had a shift after the halfway point.

I'm so effing sick of losing to Nashville in heartbreaking fashion. Please pull this out.

Old
04-01-2010, 09:01 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
I mean EJ didn't play that well but all Jackman had to do was stop in front of the net instead of skate right by the play.

Payne went a little uber-defensive after they scored their goal. Perron and Berglund were playing great I think they had a shift after the halfway point.

I'm so effing sick of losing to Nashville in heartbreaking fashion. Please pull this out.
Jackman played it right... Johnson shouldn't have collapsed on his own net. If Johnson would have played the body in that situation the puck would've gone to the position where Jackman was anticipating it would go and the whole play becomes quite routine. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Old
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Robb_K

Giving up a goal with 3.5 seconds left on a one-on-two! How can they allow that? How could 2 Blues not take the puck away from one opposing player? Why did no one pick up Wilson? Where were The Blues' forwards?

It seems to me that The Blues always start relaxing with 1.5 to 2 minutes left in a period. That must be because they are too tired, because they are running around on the heels a lot in their own endon a lot of PKs, and also on 5 on 5. Sydor, Jackman, Brewer and Weaver are all slow getting up ice, and getting to the puck (in all zones).

The Blues give up the puck too much, and just can't seem to control it enough. They spend too much time with the other team controlling the puck in their zone. Naturally, it's going to end up in the net many times. The Blues need their forwards to be stronger and more confident carrying the puck, in all zones. The same is true for their defencemen (doubly important). They are way too tentative with the puck in their own zone, and give up turnovers under pressure.

That is why I believe they CAN'T just go with the defencemen they have this season, next year, with just Pietrangelo added and Sydor leaving. Even wth Junland replacing Colaiacovo, that won't help much. They need a confident puck-carrying veteran to bring matter-of-fact, automatic, errorless, easy puck movement out of the defensive zone.

They need better forwards, overall, to spend more of the game in the offensive zone, so the defence doesn't get so tired (and rattled). That improvement won't just happen, going into next season, by their current forwards improving with experience. They need to ADD a scoring forward they can count on to initiate offence and score consistently all season long.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Stang

sigh...

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
St.Louis sports fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
Jackman played it right... Johnson shouldn't have collapsed on his own net. If Johnson would have played the body in that situation the puck would've gone to the position where Jackman was anticipating it would go and the whole play becomes quite routine. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
Jackmans head was down following the puck and disregarded HIS man skating to the front of the net. And i guess Sullivan scoring right there to make it 3-2 wasnt Jackman's fault either? 1 v 1 battle and he got owned.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM
EOM

I try to watch Jackman's play fairly and not take sides in the Jackman supporters vs haters argument... but he has been pretty bad lately. He does make some good plays, but it seems like he makes a bad one for every good one. He's getting too many minutes and gets exposed a lot.

Old
04-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Robb_K

I'm sick of this. I guess The Preds are just younger, stronger and faster, on average, as a team. They don't have all that much skill. They just are more smooth, have more poise, get to the puck faster, win the possession battles, basically controlling the games. Cause errors due to their offensive pressure, rather than succumb to what stray pressure The Blues can muster.

The Blues only beat them by working incredibly hard and playing on adrenalin, and getting a little lucky. They just don't match up well.

The Blues need to be younger, stronger, tougher, faster, more skilled, and become confident. That means major upgrades in ALL 3 areas of the roster (not just waiting for the kids to improve, naturally with more experience).

They need to spend all the way to the cap limit, to add the young veteran quality skilled forwards and a tough AND skilled young veteran 2-way defenceman. That is all more important than upgrading the goaltending (although, it would be nice if they could do that, as well).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
Jackmans head was down following the puck and disregarded HIS man skating to the front of the net.

Jackman didn't have a man in that situation. The Preds forward was late coming in(and should have been defended by a Blues forward). Jackman should have been playing the puck. It was Johnson duty to separate Hornqvist from the puck, he didn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan
And i guess Sullivan scoring right there to make it 3-2 wasnt Jackman's fault either? 1 v 1 battle and he got owned.

Not much to say on this one. That was fluke play. Jackman actually got the puck, but a lucky bounce off of Sullivan allowed him to keep control of the puck. It was Jackman's fault more than any other skater, but that was a goal that would have been scored off of most defensmen in the league.

Old
04-01-2010, 09:30 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I'm sick of this. I guess The Preds are just younger, stronger and faster, on average, as a team. They don't have all that much skill. They just are more smooth, have more poise, get to the puck faster, win the possession battles, basically controlling the games. Cause errors due to their offensive pressure, rather than succumb to what stray pressure The Blues can muster.

The Blues only beat them by working incredibly hard and playing on adrenalin, and getting a little lucky. They just don't match up well.

The Blues need to be younger, stronger, tougher, faster, more skilled, and become confident. That means major upgrades in ALL 3 areas of the roster (not just waiting for the kids to improve, naturally with more experience).

They need to spend all the way to the cap limit, to add the young veteran quality skilled forwards and a tough AND skilled young veteran 2-way defenceman. That is all more important than upgrading the goaltending (although, it would be nice if they could do that, as well).
Honestly I don't think Barry Trotz gets enough credit. Nashville is always ready to play, and they are a very technically sound team. Hopefully we will be saying the same things about Payne next season.