HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Tonight's game has been cancelled

Old
04-02-2010, 07:45 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSoldier15U View Post
is it a requirement now that every game day thread has to end up a war of the words about a player?
In short, yes. Honestly with the team playing like **** for the longest time, and now playing their way out of top pick position, it's inevitable. People are going to find different players to blame for the situation we're stuck in. Others are going to take offense to the selections. Best outcome of the season at this point is probably us winning the lottery to move up just a bit in the draft, and we'd still have to trade up to get the guy we want.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Outside of the Top 3, I don't care where we land. The price of moving anywhere from 4-12 will be almost nil. Too many question marks after the Top 3 to merit anything other than somebody paying a premium to land "their guy".

Might as well cheer for the kids to get some confidence by winning us some games. That will help us more for the future than fighting over sliding from the 4th to 6th overall, to be honest.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Gr8Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Outside of the Top 3, I don't care where we land. The price of moving anywhere from 4-12 will be almost nil. Too many question marks after the Top 3 to merit anything other than somebody paying a premium to land "their guy".

Might as well cheer for the kids to get some confidence by winning us some games. That will help us more for the future than fighting over sliding from the 4th to 6th overall, to be honest.
I'd say the top 5 are pretty sure bets to make it to the nhl. Gormley and Gudbranson after the top 3. If we stay top 5, I don't have much of a problem with that. If we are out of the top 5, i'd like to move up. We need help on D. Seguin might not be the answer for us, we have Dalpe coming up and he is shaping up to be good.

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

plus staying in the top 5 still gives us a chance to win the ping pong ball for overall #1...though im sure the Edmonton fix is in

as far as Seguin not quite fitting in , in terms of position depth.....you can NEVER have enough top guys down the middle.

faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 12:23 AM
ANTON HIS HOLINESS

We never win enough to get much closer to a Playoff spot, yet we win enough to avoid a Top 3 pick

ANTON HIS HOLINESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 02:57 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
That was horrible, but he wasn't the only one to have an ABSOLUTELY ****ING DISGRACEFUL play. *cough*Whitney*cough

Its pretty sad when the kids look better than the vets.
Common getting a point when all three goals were flukes and the other team outplays you cannot be blamed on one player. While I agree ridiculously bad by Whitney but lets get serious. The first goal was a floater from the point that hit someone infront, the second goal bounced 4 times Phillips didnt know where the puck was and Larose walked in and scored. Then the last one was a pass out front of Volchenkovs leg. All this while Ottawa had chance after chance. The last goal by Legace was weak.

But if I was on the Canes side I would be happy with a point when things are all said and done.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 05:49 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
But if I was on the Canes side I would be happy with a point when things are all said and done.
Then you don't understand our situation right now. Most of us would MUCH rather lose a game outright in regulation at this point then get a loser point. All (2 points) or nothing (regulation loss), and it's been that way for prettymuch the duration of the calendar year. Loser points do nothing but hurt the Canes draft position since there is no significant ground gained in the playoff hunt.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Common getting a point when all three goals were flukes and the other team outplays you cannot be blamed on one player. While I agree ridiculously bad by Whitney but lets get serious. The first goal was a floater from the point that hit someone infront, the second goal bounced 4 times Phillips didnt know where the puck was and Larose walked in and scored. Then the last one was a pass out front of Volchenkovs leg. All this while Ottawa had chance after chance. The last goal by Legace was weak.

Please leave now

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
LOL....So someone walking in and scoring is a fluke?

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 08:41 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=758345

Someone needs to outdo this.

KILLger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:15 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

No one ever accused the Devils of being classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert

Troll much? Nearly every other Senator fan that has come over here has been cordial and complimentary of the team, yet you come over here all high and mighty trashing the Canes and throwing idiotic statements at us like fluke this and that. Learn some etiquette before you leave your own borads.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
bleedgreen

i kinda agreed with him.

i thought ottawa was the better team, course im rooting so hard against us maybe im getting biased the wrong way. i thought we were lucky to get a point. in all of these games we are playing spoiler and beating good teams, seems like were getting our hats handed to us, but these teams that have no problems scoring 5 a game cant hit half empty nets or beat our goalies. everything we throw at the net seems to go in.

its been my biggest recent frustration.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote