HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hat trick and Luoungwnd!!! Canucks @ Kings 4/1/10

Old
04-02-2010, 03:08 AM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
I'm glad we ****ed up the Canucks tonight. Beating Nashville and Vancouver back to back in two big games...feels good.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post

Fans were really giving it to him a la Turco at Staples tonight, too. Glad we could at least get in his head for one game before the playoffs. Beating Van tonight and Nashville the other night is huge for the psyche of this team.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:11 AM
RightKinger

I love how three wins makes Canucks fans think that they can beat us every time and that if they do lose it must be luck or something. One of the games was a shootout (50/50) and I think the other two were second games of back to backs for the Kings.

I know they were missing a ton of key players tonight but they are so ****ing annoying with their cocky ********. They ***** and moan more than any other fan base on HF. I also blame them for Cloutier/Crawford.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:12 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Huge win tonight. The entire team stepped up when needed. My biggest question is when did Brown **** in Hordichuk's Wheaties? It seemed like every time there was a scrum Hordichuk was trying to go after Brown. I also wish the refs would have let Simmonds go with Glass late in the game to calm that idiot down.
Glass - Simmonds would have been nice for sure.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
haha, I'm sure she was joking.

right shelle? right?
HEY. I'm suppose to be the bully on here.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
A team struggling since the Olympic break.

A critical time of the season.

Those chasing from behind.

Others trying to pull away.

Kings v. Canucks. A test of character amidst adversity. A defining moment. Consider the moment defined.

Dustin Brown’s hattrick makes a statement. I am this team’s Captain. I lead by example.

Jack Johnson’s skating, vision, and passing makes a statement. Hype be damned. I will meet expectations.

Kopitar, Smyth and Williams’ performance makes a statement. We are the magic and showtime is back.

Beating a team against whom we have been struggling makes a statement. We are the unbeatable when we want to be.

Handzus’ resolve and fierce competitiveness makes a statement. I will do whatever it takes to win.

Drew Doughty’s maturity and weekly evolution makes a statement. I will be one the greatest defensemen in league history.

Jonathan Bernier beating Robert Luongo at this time of the season makes a statement. Soon, you will look across the ice, see me and know that I am the better goalie.

A statement game. Believe.

GO KINGS!

I love LA king fans, most are amazing and classy as hell. But man, this guy is just too much. Outclassed?, we had 3 out of our top 6 forwards out of the game, and 2 of our best d-men out of the game also, not to mention demitra who had the whole wife issue going on, and was an emergency call up.

I think the kings could be the sleeper in the west, because they have a good young core and one hell of a damn good d-man.

That being said, let's not get to arrogant here, we have beat you guys every time this year except for this game.

Good luck in the playoff's

Peace

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankill Butcher View Post
Weird that I got picked out in this thread as the troll for my one comment. I came to the thread with no intention of posting. I was just pointing out it was strange for you to go out of your way to correct a Canuck fan because "beat" wasn't a strong enough verb for you, when you were playing a crippled team.

As for Luongo, I agree with a bunch of the stuff you just said. But I'd still take him over probably any of the goalies on playoff teams in the West right now. If he keeps ******** the bed early in games all through the playoffs then... well... ****.
Hey, if we don't give you a little crap, who will? Actually, I am sure Oilers fans, Flames fans, maybe even those French Canadiens, eh? Seriously though, one thing about the Canucks that has always stuck out at me is the team speed and how aggressive the offense is. That leads me to a question - how is your team's record when falling behind by a goal or two in the 1st or 2nd? I am curious to see if you lose the far majority of those or not?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Hey, if we don't give you a little crap, who will? Actually, I am sure Oilers fans, Flames fans, maybe even those French Canadiens, eh? Seriously though, one thing about the Canucks that has always stuck out at me is the team speed and how aggressive the offense is. That leads me to a question - how is your team's record when falling behind by a goal or two in the 1st or 2nd? I am curious to see if you lose the far majority of those or not?
second best comeback team in the nhl, especially in the third, only Washington has came back in more games, to answer your question

i think we came back in about 10 games in the third period?, something like that, crazy number.

Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
That being said, let's not get to arrogant here, we have beat you guys every time this year except for this game.

Old
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
HEY. I'm suppose to be the bully on here.
Can we take turns?

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
why did you single out the only negative thing i said about my post?

at least quote the whole thing

Old
04-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I love LA king fans, most are amazing and classy as hell. But man, this guy is just too much. Outclassed?, we had 3 out of our top 6 forwards out of the game, and 2 of our best d-men out of the game also, not to mention demitra who had the whole wife issue going on, and was an emergency call up.

I think the kings could be the sleeper in the west, because they have a good young core and one hell of a damn good d-man.

Good luck in the playoff's

Peace
One of those games you won was a shootout if I recall. Also, in those games combined, you outscored us 9-3. We damn near flipped that on its head in one game. Thanks for the compliment. Forgive us for being intensely passionate and uncompromisingly in love with our Kings.

Peace.

Old
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Glass - Simmonds would have been nice for sure.
The way he was running around it was laughable. Seemed like every chance he had he was stirring something up. Same with Hordichuk. Hes usually a class guy but going after Brown every chance he got was a joke. Way to go Hordi, be a tough guy when you know you dont have to face retribution for your idiocy.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
One of those games you won was a shootout if I recall. Also, in those games combined, you outscored us 9-3. We damn near flipped that on its head in one game. Thanks for the compliment. Forgive us for being intensely passionate and uncompromisingly in love with our Kings.

Peace.
there is nothing wrong about being passionate, rather have people who care, then people who don't.

Old
04-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
second best comeback team in the nhl, especially in the third, only Washington has came back in more games, to answer your question

i think we came back in about 10 games in the third period?, something like that, crazy number.
That's what I figured. That offense is all go, all the time. That also means your team relies heavily on good goaltending because when a high charging offense is coming back at you, tonight happens.

Old
04-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Can we take turns?
man oh man, you guys are so cocky

big deal you guys won a game

everyone knows if hodgson was playing we would have won 9-8

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Hordi was being a ***** tonight. I get it though. He was doing anything to rally the troops. Still, he talked way too much for a fighting man. Shut up and drop the gloves if you want to go because all mouthing off did was land his ass in the box and the Kings made him pay.

Old
04-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Shellz

Quote:
why did you single out the only negative thing i said about my post?

at least quote the whole thing
Because what you said is stupid. You say lets not get arrogant about winning against the Canucks but you guys win the series? When neither of them REALLY matters come playoff time.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
That's what I figured. That offense is all go, all the time. That also means your team relies heavily on good goaltending because when a high charging offense is coming back at you, tonight happens.
bingo, the help of ehrhoff tho has made things much easyer, especially with the loss of mitchell for the year. he has been a huge surprise, and has been our best d-man this year by a mile.

i think he even got +2 tonight which is hilarious in a 8-3 slaughter.

Luongo has had a very average year this year, but at least he won the big game in the Olympics, that should help (i would hope).

This team has huge defensive issues because of the injuries and stupidity (shane O'brien - Funny part about him is he has had a great year this year also, like a +16 as well) so the drama hurt us big time.

If you got any more questions, let me know.

Old
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:

And if we didn't have Randy Jones, it would have been 8-0

Old
04-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
And if we didn't have Randy Jones, it would have been 8-0
For the canucks i know?

Without jones you have no one to cover hodgson,

No one..

Old
04-02-2010, 03:23 AM
lak4ever

Quote:

okay...I'm not sure how my post comes off as cocky? I wasent even talking about the game tonight.

If you dont like what were writing, your welcome to leave. Nobody asked for you.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Can we take turns?
Give me that look again and we can.

Old
04-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
okay...I'm not sure how my post comes off as cocky? I wasent even talking about the game tonight.

If you dont like what were writing, your welcome to leave. Nobody asked for you.
lmao it was a joke

Old
04-02-2010, 03:24 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Yep...we are because it's playoff time....get used to seeing us around this time.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote