HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Positive article by Burnside?!?!?!?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2010, 01:24 PM
  #1
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,010
vCash: 500
Positive article by Burnside?!?!?!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=5047531

I.....I......I can't quantify this.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:41 PM
  #2
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=5047531

I.....I......I can't quantify this.
I know,

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:42 PM
  #3
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:45 PM
  #4
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device
The anichrist of southern hockey. Even though he CLAIMS to be a Thrashers fan. I'm admitting anything positive about the Predators is about unluckily as winning the lottery and marrying Jessica Alba.

By the way, did anyone watch Barry Melrose totally screw up? We never played chicago in the playoffs

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 04:58 PM
  #5
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device
to the nth degree

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 05:48 PM
  #6
goalscorer
Registered User
 
goalscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paducah, Ky
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Not a bad read. Never heard of the guy before so I don't see what you guys got out of it. Seemed good enough a story to me.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 05:48 PM
  #7
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
This has got to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Earthquakes, volcanoes erupting more frequently...a positive Burnside article. Get to a church and get there fast. The end is a comin'.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 06:55 PM
  #8
belle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
This has got to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Earthquakes, volcanoes erupting more frequently...a positive Burnside article. Get to a church and get there fast. The end is a comin'.
Mark Howard had him on the Wake Up Zone earlier this week. Burnside must have been feeling the (...um...) rotund man's luv.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 08:49 PM
  #9
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
This has got to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Earthquakes, volcanoes erupting more frequently...a positive Burnside article. Get to a church and get there fast. The end is a comin'.
2012 is just around the conrner....

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
  #10
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
Mark Howard had him on the Wake Up Zone earlier this week. Burnside must have been feeling the (...um...) rotund man's luv.
god i was watching the game the other night and in the post-game he had this oversized mic(evidently too make him not look so gi-normass). and all i could think was when he was going to take a bite out of it like some fudge-cicle. this man is quickly going from a body for radio to a body for the guinniess books.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
  #11
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,458
vCash: 500
The mullet must be playing with Melrose, when the hell did we ever play the Hawks in the playoffs?

As for the article, it does say it was updated April 1st, so for all we know it's Burnside's idea of a joke.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:31 PM
  #12
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,045
vCash: 500
This is off-topic, but am I the only person who is sick and tired of this damn Hopkins v Jones ad?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
  #13
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
This is off-topic, but am I the only person who is sick and tired of this damn Hopkins v Jones ad?
I don't see no stinkin' ads, just the way I like it.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
  #14
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
I hate that ad! It keeps dropping down every time I get on here.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:18 PM
  #15
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Become a sponsor and the ads go away.


Seriously. I can't afford tickets to games most of the time and I can afford to be a sponsor here. It ain't that hard.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 01:21 AM
  #16
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Become a sponsor and the ads go away.


Seriously. I can't afford tickets to games most of the time and I can afford to be a sponsor here. It ain't that hard.
That or use a browser that has nifty additions like a flash blocker, since most internet advertisements are flash.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 08:52 AM
  #17
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
That or use a browser that has nifty additions like a flash blocker, since most internet advertisements are flash.
Had no idea that was possible. Downloaded one and now I'm flash ad free. Thanks.

And I'd still like to know what kind of blackmail our ownership group found on Burnside. It must be juicy.


Last edited by JohniusMaximus: 04-03-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Blackmail theory.
JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:17 AM
  #18
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
That or use a browser that has nifty additions like a flash blocker, since most internet advertisements are flash.
I've got an ad block and flashblock setup with the greatest webbrowser on Earth, but I still pay the sponsorship money. The site's worth it, IMO.


EDIT: It turns out "ad block", if you remove that space, is actually blocked by the site filter. That should tell you something.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:57 AM
  #19
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I've got an ad block and flashblock setup with the greatest webbrowser on Earth, but I still pay the sponsorship money. The site's worth it, IMO.


EDIT: It turns out "ad block", if you remove that space, is actually blocked by the site filter. That should tell you something.
*******
You are correct.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 03:22 PM
  #20
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device
He hates Hockey in Nashville period. His first article about us was how we had to be moved and that hockey in Nashville is the worst thing to ever happen to the NHL. He then assisted Baldsilly (which is his and Buchy's name for him when he was buying Pittsburgh) by writing negative articles about this city. Then even after that ordeal was over, he took several more cheap shots at the local owners and the team. Including a nice barb before the 2008 playoffs about how the Red Wings would have all home games in the series because the only fans in Nashville that would care to show up were Wings fans. He predicted less than 12K attendance for all of the games here. The fact that Mark Howard or anyone here would soil themselves with him, makes me think very little of them or that they are ignorant of Burnsides' agenda.
Just a few of his past cheap shots
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2913775
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2943692
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=3060989


Last edited by Gnashville: 04-03-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
  #21
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
He hates Hockey in Nashville period. His first article about us was how we had to be moved and that hockey in Nashville is the worst thing to ever happen to the NHL. He then assisted Baldsilly (which is his and Buchy's name for him when he was buying Pittsburgh) by writing negative articles about this city. Then even after that ordeal was over, he took several more cheap shots at the local owners and the team. Including a nice barb before the 2008 playoffs about how the Red Wings would have all home games in the series because the only fans in Nashville that would care to show up were Wings fans. He predicted less than 12K attendance for all of the games here. The fact that Mark Howard or anyone here would soil themselves with him, makes me think very little of them or that they are ignorant of Burnsides' agenda.
Just a few of his past cheap shots
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2913775
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2943692
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=3060989
Which is made even more ridiculous due to the fact that he is based out of Atlanta.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
  #22
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Which is made even more ridiculous due to the fact that he is based out of Atlanta.
He defends Atlanta!!! Saying they only lose around 10 million a year The Preds lost 21 million in 7 years (according to Leipold) and were the worst thing in the history of the league and should be moved and anyone preventing the great Bald one from doing what is right is ridiculed but Atlanta losing half that much in one season is OK. Burnside should endorse Summer's Eve's new larger size.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...upplayoffsblog

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
  #23
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
He defends Atlanta!!! Saying they only lose around 10 million a year The Preds lost 21 million in 7 years (according to Leipold) and were the worst thing in the history of the league and should be moved and anyone preventing the great Bald one from doing what is right is ridiculed but Atlanta losing half that much in one season is OK. Burnside should endorse Summer's Eve's new larger size.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...upplayoffsblog
It's ridiculous. I don't mean to hate on Atlanta but seriously what do the Thrashers have as a franchise/arena environment/fan base that we don't have that makes us deserve to be treated as inferior? If our metro area had the population Atlanta did, we would sell out our building every freaking night. Burnside is such a homer but he does it conspicuously enough to where people don't really see it.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.