HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Leafs GAME 6 19:00 EST

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 07:02 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Along with Darcy's hit, a lot of the hits by the Leafs were dirty in the game last night. However, the Flyers played through the hits and didn't let it affect their game wondering why no call was made. They stayed to their game plan and came out the victors. Maple Leafs got greedy on the play where JR scored. Thought they had an advantage and it wasn't. I was very disappointed in the way the Leafs brung all the cheap shots out last night. Lost a lot of respect for them last night.

Now, onto the Flyers

JR Primeau
Esche Kapanen

Everyone was a warrior. From top to bottom this team came together to get the win. I'm very proud of this team at the moment and looking forward to winning 8 more games.

Thanks boys!

Old
05-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
According to you, Tucker's never thrown a clean hit in his life - he didn't leave his feet nor get an elbow up on Kapanen.

Anyway...

Great series guys...reminds me why I've always been a huge Roenick fan. That bit with him mouthing along to "It's Tricky" was hysterical. You guys have become to us what we are to the Senators (except we've won the odd series here and there).

Good luck against Tampa Bay...just make the games entertaining is all I ask!
The series is over so there is no need to argue but plenty of hockey pudits said he left his feet wich you can see clearly if you watch the replay. Doesn't matter because Darcy Woods um, Tucker I mean is not playing hockey anymore.

All and all it was a great game but I was scared the way the leafs were buzzing in the 3rd period I thought we were destined for game #7. I think the Tampa series will be great hockey and not nearly as bad as our regular season against them.

Somik and Radio had good games last night and I would like to se Zus moved between Brashear and Somik permanetly.

JR played typicall JR hockey last night and the GWG was amazing and all hail to the legend killer (Brodeur & Belfour) Robert "The Average" Esche.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:48 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
JR played typicall JR hockey last night and the GWG was amazing and all hail to the legend killer (Brodeur & Belfour) Robert "The Average" Esche.
What else I think is great is, between the third period and OT, Matt Yaloff(sp?) of the local Flyers broadcast team interviewed Gary Roberts(I believe) and he said the game winning goal wouldn't be pretty. I love it when all things blue and white are wrong

Old
05-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Fan-of-#9

You guys played a hell of a series, and quite frankly I'm not sure who can handle you guys right now. Great Job.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:17 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
You guys played a hell of a series, and quite frankly I'm not sure who can handle you guys right now. Great Job.
ATTENTION: Hell has just frozen over, repeat; HELL HAS JUST FROZEN OVER... Armageddon is near, please, prepare yourselves.

Old
05-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
ATTENTION: Hell has just frozen over, repeat; HELL HAS JUST FROZEN OVER... Armageddon is near, please, prepare yourselves.
Hey, I gotta give credit where credit is due. BTW, no credit for Mr. Mccabe.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:54 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

you know what, screw everything else. being a sore winner or whatever--

Toronto played a heckuva series, but guys it feels great to be this far. It's been four long years since we've been this far. Think of what has went on with this team in four years. The Eric Lindros saga, an 8-0 loss in an elimination game, Scoring--what like two goals in that series vs. Ottawa--we gave up an entire fortune for adam oates. Chokemanek letting in soft goal after soft goal and going after Martin Havlat on that breakaway when it got really ugly last year. John Vanbiesbrouck, Bryan Boucher, Roman Cechmanek, Jeff Hackett. Craig Ramsay fired, Bill Barber fired, Desjardins hurt, re-signed for a lot, hurt. and worst of all, Dan McGillis was traded.

Sort of like an orange and black version of we didn't start the fire.

We've finally got a flyers team with its' heart in the game, and a goalie with his head in the game, what I'm saying is enjoy it. we're closer to the cup than we realize, i think we can beat tampa...

Closed Thread