HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We suck. Halak was great.

Old
04-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

vCash: 500
Something that makes Halak's shutout even more crazy, MAB had the second most icetime among our defenseman.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Why is Maxwell in the NHL?

Some questions have no answers.

HAVEN'T YOU HEARD?

Trevor Timmons claims to have..........hit a home run when he drafted Maxwell and Ryan White back in 2006 (right after drafting David Fischer).

IMHO this would go a long way in explaining why the Habs oorganization contiunes to spin the wheels of mediocrity - with rare exception (see P.K. Suban.....hopefully being the exception to the Timmons rule of poor drafting) their scouts cannot judge talent which leads to poor drafting.

Even Regie Houle proved that if you draft enough players - anyone can come up with an occasional gem through nothing more than blind luck (see Andre Markov).

And the wheels of mediocrity continue to spin at the Bell Centre - but for how long?

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Something that makes Halak's shutout even more crazy, MAB had the second most icetime among our defenseman.
He really wasn't bad tonight. he single handedly stopped 2 great scoring chances in the 3rd.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
New Jersey will have more points than Buffalo when its all said and done
And this concludes another session with westcoast and his crazy and magical crystal ball.

Stay tuned for next time...

buddahsmoka1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:19 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Our goalies deserve to make it.

I'd almost ask Price to play defense for MAB if needed.
Price has size and a better pass, maybe do it...have the pads on the bench in case.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
He really wasn't bad tonight. he single handedly stopped 2 great scoring chances in the 3rd.
And if not for Halak we would've had at least 2 goals caused by him in the first period.

Old
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
m00ks

Is it too late to call P.K.?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD?

Trevor Timmons claims to have..........hit a home run when he drafted Maxwell and Ryan White back in 2006 (right after drafting David Fischer).

IMHO this would go a long way in explaining why the Habs oorganization contiunes to spin the wheels of mediocrity - with rare exception (see P.K. Suban.....hopefully being the exception to the Timmons rule of poor drafting) their scouts cannot judge talent which leads to poor drafting.

Even Regie Houle proved that if you draft enough players - anyone can come up with an occasional gem through nothing more than blind luck (see Andre Markov).

And the wheels of mediocrity continue to spin at the Bell Centre - but for how long?

O rly?

Old
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD?

You obviously know nothing in regards to drafting and hockey systems. Why does Montreal have the highest amount of current NHLers playing in the league right now (on our team and the other 29).

Plus, why are we ranked so high for depth every year, and the Bulldogs are contenders at least every 2nd year with a new cycle of draft picks heading to that team???

We haven't hit homeruns, but Price will surely be one and Halak and Subban look to be ones as well. Timmins record speak for itself, he would be hired within a minute of ever being fired in Montreal.

Old
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
i dont know why this team doesnt like to shoot the puck
Halak bailed them out big time tonight

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
RE-HABS

The thing that scares me about this team if we make the playoffs, our D in Hammer, Gill and Spacek look tired, so do the forwards on the top two.

Old
04-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The thing that scares me about this team if we make the playoffs, our D in Hammer, Gill and Spacek look tired, so do the forwards on the top two.
Too bad PK Subban is not NHL ready yet.........

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Even Bobby Orr wouldn't have been good enough to mask MAB's deficiencies.
Quote:
You obviously know nothing in regards to drafting and hockey systems. Why does Montreal have the highest amount of current NHLers playing in the league right now (on our team and the other 29).

Plus, why are we ranked so high for depth every year, and the Bulldogs are contenders at least every 2nd year with a new cycle of draft picks heading to that team???

We haven't hit homeruns, but Price will surely be one and Halak and Subban look to be ones as well. Timmins record speak for itself, he would be hired within a minute of ever being fired in Montreal.
Our prospects do very well until they the NHL or get dealt after making the NHL so soon. I hate our pro player development and scouting. Some people blame Timmins, but you don't chose that many NHLers without being a good scout. IMO pro development is messing up Timmins picks.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Too bad PK Subban is not NHL ready yet.........
Habs management needs to worry about the Habs doing well and not the Bulldogs right now, the kid should be called up especially if Spacek is a game time decision.

Old
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I only saw the 2nd half of this game and it was basically Philly playing 'keep away' for the entire part of what I saw. Not even a shot in the last 15 minutes... pathetic.

Halak was stellar and JVRD was really impressive.

Should be interesting to see what Halak can do in the postseason.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
The entire team looked out of gas for a full period or more. We can't beleive it's conditioning at this point in the season can we?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD?

Do you ever say anything positive, at all? Btw, it's Trevor TimmIns not Timmons.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
karmakamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
To anyone who is watching Antichambre, can anyone enlighten me on what Jacques Demers was talking about when he was saying stuff about he hopes Bob Gainey isnt that stupid and that he hopes what he heard isnt true. Anyone know what he was talking about? Thanks in advance!
From what I've read, I think this hasn't been answered yet so it it goes:

Jacques Demers said Renaud Lavoie said earlier that he had a source (a player who played for the team last year but doesn't anymore) telling him that after 2 losts in playoffs with Price in net, coaching staff and Bob Gainey had a meeting. Lavoie claims that the coaching staff wanted to put Halak in net, but that Gainey refused because "he didn't wanted to prove the media right".

Demers then said he hoped that information was false, because it was unacceptable from a DG, and that proven true, he would lose a lot of respect toward Gainey.

karmakamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
not great at all,we'll take the 2 points and run!

They need to be much better,they don't show any hunger and going into the playoffs like this it's going to be a quick in and out

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:39 PM
dutchy29

WOW didnt see any of the game, by the sounds of 99% of posts I'm glad I didnt. This team is exactly the same as its been for 5 years, too small, limited streaky goal scoring, great goaltending, only show up for half the games. The one change I would make that others have stated, is bring up PK subban.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:42 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakamikaze View Post
From what I've read, I think this hasn't been answered yet so it it goes:

Jacques Demers said Renaud Lavoie said earlier that he had a source (a player who played for the team last year but doesn't anymore) telling him that after 2 losts in playoffs with Price in net, coaching staff and Bob Gainey had a meeting. Lavoie claims that the coaching staff wanted to put Halak in net, but that Gainey refused because "he didn't wanted to prove the media right".

Demers then said he hoped that information was false, because it was unacceptable from a DG, and that proven true, he would lose a lot of respect toward Gainey.
Rubbish. Gainey of all people would have never let personal ego get in the way of the team's success. He fired Carbo for goodness sake!

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

vCash: 351
I can't see PK being worse than MAB, I'd bring him up if Spacek is iffy.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
hackeynight

I think this cements you guys into the playoffs, if any that's not in the playoffs now gets in it will be the Rangers and the Flyers will drop out as they play each other.

I am a Leaf fan, don't like the Canadiens or many players but I am a Halak fan, he is a great goalie to watch and IMO one of the best right now.

hackeynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
thetrueblack

Halak A+, phenomenal. Quicker than usual, impeccable positioning. Lapierre did a few things, O'Byrne looked alright, Moore probably our best forward. Pyatt and Maxwell didn't embarrass themselves.

Gomez average.

Rest of team miserable. From clueless to cowards, unreal. Look at that 2nd and 3rd, we made them look like our late 70's teams. Collapse collapse collapse.

One poster wondered if JM seriously changed his system part-way through the game. Yes.

May the best goalie win - now that's a strategy.

thetrueblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:48 PM
slimkay

Is Jean Page ********? (on L'Attaque a 5)

He suggested that the Flyers trade both JVR and Giroux + Draft Pick for Price.

Is Price truly worth their top prospects + a pick? I know they are in dire need of a goalie but seriously?

As for the game... well... one word: Halak.

slimkay is offline   Reply With Quote