HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Dubinsky

Old
04-02-2010, 10:01 PM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Brandon Dubinsky

Has been unbelievable this season. He's about to be a 20 goal scorer (while missing 13 games), and we could very well see 25-30 goals out of him next season. This just may have been have been his break out this season. I feel like he's going unappreciated around here, but he's very clearly evolved into a good second line center.

Keep it up Dubi!

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Emptyvoid

I think Dubi has improved very handidly this season. Has 39 pts in 64 games. 19 goals (biggest improvement). Only thing he has to work out is his consistency, not exactly offensively but always doing something, always being productive in some way or another (ala callahan).

Very happy with him regardless

Emptyvoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Has been unbelievable this season. He's about to be a 20 goal scorer (while missing 13 games), and we could very well see 25-30 goals out of him next season. This just may have been have been his break out this season. I feel like he's going unappreciated around here, but he's very clearly evolved into a good second line center.

Keep it up Dubi!
Agree 100% was just singing his praises over in another thread. The guy was derailed early with that injury but he was basically a 25 goal 30 assist guy when healthy playing all over the place and playing in all situations. He's one of the best puck handlers on the team. He's also got a great attitude and has shown some leadership. He's been playing top six for most of his career but he has emerged as legitimately a top six guy in the NHL this year.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I don't know why people even consider trading Dubi unless we get something substantial back. Championship clubs have great depth guys and Dubi can definitely be that. Scoring at a 50 point pace this year, plays with an edge, and is still young. People always say that Cally is the future captain but I feel like Dubi is the bigger leader.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Showed he can be more than a 15 goal, 40 point player, which was important for him in his third year.

Now he has shown he can be a 20 goal 50 point guy.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Dubi, Cally, and Staal are going to be monsters in their late 20's.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Showed he can be more than a 15 goal, 40 point player, which was important for him in his third year.

Now he has shown he can be a 20 goal 50 point guy.
Which is certainly nothing to scoff out, but it seems you expect/want a lot more out of him.

Emptyvoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:18 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Dubi, Cally, and Staal are going to be monsters in their late 20's.
And MDZ in his mid 20's

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
NYRfan11

I've been a huge Dubi fan all along. He needs to be given consistently the chance to play with Gabby and not be bounced all over. I know people always say Cally is more important to the future, but I totally disagree. Dubi is much more important. Cally is a nice player, but he's a 2nd/3rd liner and I dont think you win with guys like Cally. I know he hustles like crazy and works his butt off, but his lack of size makes the game too hard for him. He's gotta battle for every inch.

This team couldnt score at all without Dubi early on, but they dont really seem to miss Cally. I would try to trade something like Cally and Girardi (maybe also a pick switch) for Bobby Ryan.

If were trading one or the other to me, its not even close.

NYRfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:06 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Dubi seems to have found his niche at LW. I'd like to see him planted in front of the net on the PP. He's physically difficult for many D-men to handle around the net, and he should continue to get stronger. Most of his goals this year have been from within 15 feet of the net.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:11 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Here's the thing about Dubinsky that worries me a little: the puckhandling. He's great at holding on to the puck, but he almost reminds me of Marcel Hossa, just not that extreme. It's what he does with the puck while holding on to it that worries me, sometimes.

He needs to stay at LW, and play with a playmaker or two, where he can handle the puck sometimes, while also using his size and tenacity to open up space for the rest of the line. He should not be the primary puck distributor on the line, though. He simply doesn't seem to have the vision for it.

A lot of improvement, though. As long as he continues to become more consistent, then he's a piece to hold on to. I can see him being a 25 goal, 30-35 assist guy throughout his career.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Im having a really hard time accepting Dubi as a winger.

He's a pivot, in my mind.

Old
04-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Kind of Blue

Quote:

Same here

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
arunnair87

Anaheim would not trade bobby ryan, have you seen him play?

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:24 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

If they all pan out as planned we're going to have a nice problem on our hands with Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Stepan

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:28 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
If they all pan out as planned we're going to have a nice problem on our hands with Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Stepan

Not really...Dubinsky at LW, Stepan, 2nd line center and Anisimov, 3rd line center.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:53 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I still don't like where he's at TBH.
He was a no-show first half of the season and NOW he's getting the points just like when jagr was here.I want him to be able to do this all season not for half a season.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
He was a no-show first half of the season and NOW he's getting the points just like when jagr was here. I want him to be able to do this all season not for half a season.
I honestly believe that the constant line shuffling has been a factor in his relative inconsistency.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 12:11 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
He was a no-show first half of the season and NOW he's getting the points just like when jagr was here.I want him to be able to do this all season not for half a season.
Well, he was injured for 13 games the first half so obviously he wouldn't be on the scoresheet for those games.

He was already at 18 points through the halfway point of the season, and has scored 22 points since then so that's not such a big discrepancy. Dubinsky is much more consistent this season than he was last year, when he went through a 25 game goal scoring drought.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The increase in consistency has been noticeable. When he's been going, he hasnt been as hot as he was in previous seasons, but he hasnt gone 37 game stretches without a goal either

Old
04-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Not really...Dubinsky at LW, Stepan, 2nd line center and Anisimov, 3rd line center.
That's all a pretty low-balled estimate of where they'll be. Stepan and Anisimov both project top six at least possibly top line. Dubinsky can play either.

Old
04-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Levitate

Quote:

I thought he was bad at it (playing wing) last year, but has really shifted well to it this year. I'm pretty comfortable with him playing wing at the moment.

People who ***** about Dubinsky suck because he's a damn good young player

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Here's the thing about Dubinsky that worries me a little: the puckhandling. He's great at holding on to the puck, but he almost reminds me of Marcel Hossa, just not that extreme. It's what he does with the puck while holding on to it that worries me, sometimes.

He needs to stay at LW, and play with a playmaker or two, where he can handle the puck sometimes, while also using his size and tenacity to open up space for the rest of the line. He should not be the primary puck distributor on the line, though. He simply doesn't seem to have the vision for it.

A lot of improvement, though. As long as he continues to become more consistent, then he's a piece to hold on to. I can see him being a 25 goal, 30-35 assist guy throughout his career.
That's something I've always really liked about him. He's one of the few guys on the team that look comfortable with the puck on their stick taking it down the ice or setting something up.

Hossa was basically just a big body out there for most of his time here. When he had the puck he might have been hard to knock off but dubi has much better footspeed. I see little comparison between the two besides I guess they're both somewhat on the larger side I guess.

I'd be interested if anyone could find the numbers but just from watching the games I feel like offensively he's played better when he is the primary puck carrier. He does both well but he's more valuable putting up points than just doing the grinder thing. I think to turn him into a sort of Callahan would be a disservice to his offensive potential which I think is higher than callahan's.

Seems like we aren't allowed to agree on anything

Old
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Before the season people were killing Dubi and saying how isn't a scorer when the Kessel rumors were going around. I went out and said this yr he was going to get 20-25 and that 2011 would be his huge break out season. Looks like a 22-23 goal season might happen and next year 25-30 and 65 points looks like a possibility

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 01:39 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I don't think he's been "unbelievable"...even in games he scores points he's been making some stupid plays that make me scratch my head. He's been good, but nothing to write home about

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote