HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist is going to be the #1 goalie of the future for the Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2004, 03:19 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
Lundqvist is going to be the #1 goalie of the future for the Oilers

Proposal:

Trade Conklin and Rita for Lundqvist

why?
Born: 1982-03-02
Nation: Sweden
Position: G
Shoots: L
Height: 6.00
Weight: 183

Many people are ignorant enough to believe that Blackburn will be better than Lundqvist but IMO you should see these guys play and compare. I'm telling you right now, this guy a future #1. He has a way higher cieling than JDD and is more mature than his also. In the SEL last year I saw Lundqvist play and the guy singlehandedly stole the show. Amazing stats to go along with his talent as he posted a less than 2.00GAA. Lundqvist was also chosen best junior player of the year in 01/02. The season after he was the best goaltender in the Swedish Elite League. A very talented prospect and among the most talented goalies to come out from Sweden in a long while. (well i guess since Tommy Salo) Lundqvist is a smart goalie with very quick reflexes. He moves fast and is tough to beat one-on-one. He's deft as a stickhandler and to add to his credibility, he's posting a 1.00GAA and a 0.950 savepercentage at the world cup this year. My gosh i can't believe this guy was chosen in the 7th round??? wtf??? I would say confidently that he's in Lethonen's league when it comes to talent, skill and potential. Trust me on this sleeper

Old
05-04-2004, 03:33 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
Proposal:

Trade Conklin and Rita for Lundqvist

why?
Born: 1982-03-02
Nation: Sweden
Position: G
Shoots: L
Height: 6.00
Weight: 183

Many people are ignorant enough to believe that Blackburn will be better than Lundqvist but IMO you should see these guys play and compare. I'm telling you right now, this guy a future #1. He has a way higher cieling than JDD and is more mature than his also. In the SEL last year I saw Lundqvist play and the guy singlehandedly stole the show. Amazing stats to go along with his talent as he posted a less than 2.00GAA. Lundqvist was also chosen best junior player of the year in 01/02. The season after he was the best goaltender in the Swedish Elite League. A very talented prospect and among the most talented goalies to come out from Sweden in a long while. (well i guess since Tommy Salo) Lundqvist is a smart goalie with very quick reflexes. He moves fast and is tough to beat one-on-one. He's deft as a stickhandler and to add to his credibility, he's posting a 1.00GAA and a 0.950 savepercentage at the world cup this year. My gosh i can't believe this guy was chosen in the 7th round??? wtf??? I would say confidently that he's in Lethonen's league when it comes to talent, skill and potential. Trust me on this sleeper
Ya, he's definately had a decent year, but he's obviously not in Lehtonen's league. He's 22 years old to Lehtonens 19 year of age and Lehtonen has already showed up in the NHL for a bit.
Anyways... I'm quite sure he could be had for less then Rita + Conklin.

Old
05-04-2004, 04:33 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Before we get excessively gushy here...

Jan Lasak, Tomas Vokoun, Martin Gerber and Aturs Irbe have all put up similar numbers.

And Lundqvist has had less than 22 shots in all his starts except for 1 so far. He's tied two games 1-1 in games he only had 15 shots, and judging by the little bit I have gotten on the dish, Sweden has been pretty much the class of the tournament (maybe 2nd to the Czech's).

Old
05-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Cerebral

It seems like you just jump aboard the bandwagon of a different player every week who puts up decent numbers in his league.. Lundqvist definitely has the potential to be a decent goaltender but he's not better than Markkanen at this point in time and definitely not even close to Lehtonen..

Old
05-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Before we get excessively gushy here...

Jan Lasak, Tomas Vokoun, Martin Gerber and Aturs Irbe have all put up similar numbers.

And Lundqvist has had less than 22 shots in all his starts except for 1 so far. He's tied two games 1-1 in games he only had 15 shots, and judging by the little bit I have gotten on the dish, Sweden has been pretty much the class of the tournament (maybe 2nd to the Czech's).
Actually if you talk to anyone on the Rangers board, or in Sweden, Lundqvist is their top goalie prospect.(That includes Tellqvist and Liv) In Lehtonen's last year, although a year older, Lundqvist had similar stats.

I am also high on Lundqvist.

As a side note..someone against having a goalie of Vokoun's or Gerber's calibre here?

Old
05-05-2004, 12:19 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Actually if you talk to anyone on the Rangers board, or in Sweden, Lundqvist is their top goalie prospect.(That includes Tellqvist and Liv) In Lehtonen's last year, although a year older, Lundqvist had similar stats.

I am also high on Lundqvist.

As a side note..someone against having a goalie of Vokoun's or Gerber's calibre here?
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the kid...

I just meant that using his numbers from the world championships aren't going to win any arguments, especially when an NHL backup and an average starter share similar numbers, and the team in front of you is building a brick wall.

Old
05-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Mizral

It's not like Archie Irbe has been a huge bust in the NHL either, Dawgbone. Remember how well he played in the Canes run to the cup in 2002? Irbe was a pretty solid goaltender for a number of years. His time is up now of course, though.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
zamboni

Don't act like Lunqvist is a secret find of yours. Everyone in the Rags organization knows how good he is. I think Lunqvist has passed Blackburn on the depth chart, and every Ranger fans knows it.

Old
05-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Don't act like Lunqvist is a secret find of yours. Everyone in the Rags organization knows how good he is. I think Lunqvist has passed Blackburn on the depth chart, and every Ranger fans knows it.
He is bringing it to the attention to the Oilers Board, many of whom may not be familiar with Lundqvist. It isn't like he is on the main board talking about his great discovery...

Closed Thread