Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Gatineau Olympique's Hugo Laporte

Old
04-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Bjindaho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post

Where did I say that Saint-John is the only team to cheat???

PS = Recruiting Ontarian rejects is illegal now? C'mon man, find another thing if you want to bash on the Olympiques organisation... There is so much things you can say on this organisation... Why do you chose the easiest one to defend??? Are you jealous of Josh McQuade and Jason Seed??? ^^ Every teams can sign those players, it's not like if we lied for get them, nobody wanted them anyway... Proof : nobody drafted them.

Junior did the same thing with their unbeilivable goaltender J-F Bérubé, the only exception is that he was born in Québec...

That's what I call good ideas/good scouting, not cheating...
You are allowed to recruit Quebecois. You aren't allowed to recruit non-regional players, hence why the rules were changed.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:54 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
You are allowed to recruit Quebecois. You aren't allowed to recruit non-regional players, hence why the rules were changed.
I'm not talking about drafting Ontarian players (it's impossible), I'm talking about signing free agency... If a player isn't draft by a team of his leagues's region, he's allow to sign with any teams in the Canada, any league... All QMJHL does that, not just us... We are geographically well place for that, but some other teams are geographically well place for draft USA players or even North-Ontarian players...

Sorry for having good scouters...

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
jefff

Quote:
The drafted players who lied on where they will play junior. They said that they will go play in the USA next season (this season), so nobody will draft them... In brief, some teams like Saint-John asked those players to lie on that... so they can draft them even with late picks... Pierre Durepos, Jonathan Huberdeau and Xavier Ouellet were top prospect of the last year draft and go take a look where they got drafted...

It happened a few times in the past too... Lecavalier did that with Riki, I think...
I'm not saying Saint John are angles but they were burnt first by Patty Roy with Esposito in the 1st year Saint John was in the league.

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff View Post
I'm not saying Saint John are angles but they were burnt first by Patty Roy with Esposito in the 1st year Saint John was in the league.
Yeah you're right... But it's not an excuse for do that IMO...

Old
04-11-2010, 06:06 PM
jefff

Quote:
Yeah you're right... But it's not an excuse for do that IMO...
I think there needs to be a rule change, by a certain date you have to say your in the Q draft or your out of the Q draft. If you declare that your out of the draft then then your out and cannot get back in the league.

Something should change to correct the current problems with the draft rules and the games that are played.

Old
04-13-2010, 07:50 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff View Post
I think there needs to be a rule change, by a certain date you have to say your in the Q draft or your out of the Q draft. If you declare that your out of the draft then then your out and cannot get back in the league.

Something should change to correct the current problems with the draft rules and the games that are played.
There is a rule :

http://lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/?page=232&id_nouvelle=2319

The only thing is : will it work?

Old
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
jefff

Quote:
There is a rule :

http://lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/?page=232&id_nouvelle=2319

The only thing is : will it work?
Interesting, I wasn't aware of this rule. It seems to be a little loose though. Thanks for the update.