Notices

How funny would it be...

Old
04-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
How funny would it be...

....if this team actually snuck into the playoffs.

I know it's the most unlikeliest of things. But it would be absolutely hilarious.

Dallas has St. Louis, Chicago, Anaheim, and Minnesota all left. And apparently they've decided they want to try and make the playoffs. When is the last time they actually got 5 and 6 goals in 2 straight games?

Colorado has San Jose, Vancouver, Edmonton, Chicago, and Los Angeles. They've lost 2 straight and 4 of those 5 are definitely losable for the Avs with the way Anderson has been performing.

Calgary has the hardest schedule of all. Chicago, San Jose, Minnesota, and Vancouver. Again, all losable.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but major lols would happen if it did. But then again, it could all end tonight if they don't win.

If the Stars had won just half of their overtime losses this season, they'd be in at least 8th right now.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:17 AM
mattTHERIPPERsanchez
#areyouseriousbro

Send a message via AIM to mattTHERIPPERsanchez
I would laugh for days, weeks even, and I would love to play the Sharks in the postseason. We've got absolutely nothing to lose, and they have the pressure of a multitude of early postseason collapses on their shoulders. Plus, I hate those ********, and their whiny fans.

mattTHERIPPERsanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:24 AM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

this team at times shows that it could do some major damage but other times they show they can be the worst in the league. I would be thrilled and will not give up hope until we are mathematically eliminated. Do it for the fans, do it for Mo.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Chad_

You know, I think Matt is onto something there. If the Stars could just sneak into the playoffs, they would, most likely, play the Sharks. We all know who would win that series, and regardless how the Stars did in the second rounds, it would be pleasing to see the Sharks lose in the first again.

Would a first round loss by the Sharks finally call for a blowing up of the roster?

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Alistar

to make the playoffs we have to win out and hope that Colorado or Calgary win no more than 1 of their remaining games. God could come down from heaven and guarantee me that Dallas would win the rest of their games and I still wouldn't bet on them to make the playoffs. Calgary especially is simply playing way too good to only win 1 out of 4. I could see Colorado losing 4 out of 5 because really they have a pretty pathetic team with an All-Star goaltender, and they get outplayed most nights even when they do manage to sneak out wins.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 03:46 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
Would a first round loss by the Sharks finally call for a blowing up of the roster?
I envision one happening regardless, at least concerning Nabokov and Marleau.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Caseman

Jinx

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13