HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs Sign Shattenkirk and Cohen to Entry Level Contracts

Old
04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Jori

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
Have Cohen/Shattenkirk played for the Monsters yet? I don't see them on the roster page.
No, they haven't played yet. Lake Erie has three games remaining in their season. They next play on Wednesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Ah that's dissapointing, thanks though for clearing that up.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:26 AM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
No, they haven't played yet. Lake Erie has three games remaining in their season. They next play on Wednesday.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you know if any of the remaining games are televised?

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
Do you know if any of the remaining games are televised?
Only radio broadcasts for the last three games, unless you are willing to pay to wacth them online. I think it's seven bucks per game through the AHL website for the webcast.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Only radio broadcasts for the last three games, unless you are willing to pay to wacth them online. I think it's seven bucks per game through the AHL website for the webcast.
Posted via Mobile Device
ty...

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:14 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
As long as he signs at 1.5 or 2, I'll be perfectly fine with it. Not like we'll find anyone better at that price to put in our third pairing.
Footer back at a limited salary with a limited on ice role is something I'd love.

When you look at the number of crappy bottom pairing defenders that get moved at the deadline like Alberts etc. Footer is better than any one of them. He can still play a limited shift in the NHL so I dont see why people say he has to be gone.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
No I mean in the playoffs.

Like Wolski came back into the playoffs after being sent down after his 9 game stint if I remember correctly.
I was also referring to the playoffs . Get it? I said 4 games...assuming they would be swept.

Anyways, as it turns out they would not be eligible to play in the playoffs due to when they signed their deals.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
I know he's just a shell of the former Foote, but he was an integral part of two championships here in Denver, have a little more respect than that for him. He's not a feeble minded old man, he's 38 years old for crying out loud.
Yah he was an integral part of two championships and i am grateful for that but the fact remains as of today he cant play this game like he used too. Foote being a 3rd pairing D-man for a limited cost I wouldnt mind so much BUT hes getting alot of minutes and hes losing every single puck battle out there. Hes been costing us games with his constant turnovers and hes being tossed around like a dirty magazine in a jail house shower. Hes too slow, too weak and way too passive to be worth keeping. Watch the games coaches tell their players to throw the puck into Footes corner because he'll either be late to get it or he will get there first then instead of moving the puck right away he will wait and have the oppsition on his back then lose the puck...Nigel Dawes did this to him in the Calgary game.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Yah he was an integral part of two championships and i am grateful for that but the fact remains as of today he cant play this game like he used too. Foote being a 3rd pairing D-man for a limited cost I wouldnt mind so much BUT hes getting alot of minutes and hes losing every single puck battle out there. Hes been costing us games with his constant turnovers and hes being tossed around like a dirty magazine in a jail house shower. Hes too slow, too weak and way too passive to be worth keeping. Watch the games coaches tell their players to throw the puck into Footes corner because he'll either be late to get it or he will get there first then instead of moving the puck right away he will wait and have the oppsition on his back then lose the puck...Nigel Dawes did this to him in the Calgary game.
Foote getting a lot of minutes isn't his fault. The fact that we have a poor defensive core is why he plays so much. Yes, ideally he'd be a 6th or even 7th man, contributing how he can. The problem is, as I've said several times, every one of our d-men are 4-7 paring guys, so someone is going to have to play out of their abilities somewhere.

All I'm saying is he's not a feeble minded, old man. He's just hitting the end of his career, it happens to everyone. I'm sure no one is more upset by it than he is.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
Foote getting a lot of minutes isn't his fault. The fact that we have a poor defensive core is why he plays so much. Yes, ideally he'd be a 6th or even 7th man, contributing how he can. The problem is, as I've said several times, every one of our d-men are 4-7 paring guys, so someone is going to have to play out of their abilities somewhere.

All I'm saying is he's not a feeble minded, old man. He's just hitting the end of his career, it happens to everyone. I'm sure no one is more upset by it than he is.
He doesnt seem to get upset about n e thing these days. Foote used to be in the face of anyone who so much as gave Patrick a dirty look but he doesnt do that no more. The flame and that foul mood he played with on the ice is gone. When was the last time Foote punched someone or even hit someone?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
He doesnt seem to get upset about n e thing these days. Foote used to be in the face of anyone who so much as gave Patrick a dirty look but he doesnt do that no more. The flame and that foul mood he played with on the ice is gone. When was the last time Foote punched someone or even hit someone?
I think FLA was the last time he really put a beat down. I really think the post lockout rules hurt Footers game. He used to be able to grab people and throw them to the ice, have tough physical battles in front of the net, in the corners, and generally just playing hard. Obviously in today's game that stuff isn't really acceptable, I think it was probably really hard for him to adjust. Add to that he's now at the end of his career, and is pretty slow compared to a lot of these young guns coming up and it makes him look even worse out there.

Really the whole message I'm putting out there is that if Joe wasn't very good in his last year, or if Forsberg came back and stunk it up, we wouldn't be calling them too old and crappy, and that they shouldn't even be around anymore. We'd show more respect than that, and Foote deserves the same. He's bled blue and red since I was in diapers, and he deserves better than getting thrown under the bus by us fans.

If you really don't believe that matters, that's fine. It's not my place or my business to change how you feel, I just hope people realize how much Foote has meant to this team, based on more than his last 75 games.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Foppa2118

According to CapGeek, Colby Cohen's three year entry level deal has a $845,833 cap hit, and no bonuses. No info on Shattenkirk's deal yet.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/displ...id=99061&pos=D

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Makkeli

Anyone knows, are they playing tonight when LEM has a game?

Makkeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:39 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

i would imagine so

Old
04-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
This. The only time he gets mad anymore is when somebody starts up some antics. It used to be every single game he'd get mad, sometimes for no reason at all

IN the playoffs though, I expect him to either sucker punch somebody, leave his feet for a boarding, or cross-check the **** out of somebody. He just wouldn't bee footer w/o one of those..

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
slumpy43

2 points in 3 games. As anyone seen Shattenkirk play?

slumpy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpy43 View Post
2 points in 3 games. As anyone seen Shattenkirk play?
Look in the prospects thread. A few people have.