HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Gainey high on Garon????

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Catala

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi
Garon is good to keep so that next time Theodore (next year, i believe) wants to renegoitiate his contract, he can't threaten a hold-out because Garon could easily replace him.
WOW never thought of that...

Very interesting indeed.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:18 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I got the same feeling, but now is not the time to trade Theo. Let both play equal amount of games next season too decide.
Is next year the last year of his current contract? Theo will not want to play an equal amount of games. If the HABS do this will it not lower his value? What if he gets out of the gate slowly next year, his value will decrease.

I say let's create a bidding war and get the max immediately while his market value is high.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
jacklours

Quote:
I get the same feeling, but like many said here, Garon will probably get his chance too outplay Theo next season (and he will imo)

He already did this year with his Regular season numbers, although he obvioulsy played less games. 30+ games should give Gainey an idea of what he is made of!
God do I ever wish that he outplays Theo real bad. ray to lord: . Nothing against Theo, is just way too inconsistent to be one of our building stud

Old
05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
WOW never thought of that...

Very interesting indeed.
But Montreal will need to qualify Theodore at $6M and I doubt he would hold out with just the qualifying offer.

Old
05-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I'd play Garon and Theodore equally next year and then trade Theo when he has a good value if Garon can keep up with the amazing performances like he did this year.

Old
05-04-2004, 11:00 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Guys another thing is....

We all know that Goalie pads will be smaller next season, right!

So would this not disadvantage Theo being a smaller goalie and covering less area??

Garon is big, so even is they do reduce his pad size, he would still cover a good portion of the net..
They are NOT reducing pad size, they are reducing the MAXIMUM size they will allow. This will only effect a handful of goaltenders who wear large over-sized gear.

Jose Theodore (and Garon for that matter) wear gear that falls under the new guideline and will not be affected.

Old
05-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
They are NOT reducing pad size, they are reducing the MAXIMUM size they will allow. This will only effect a handful of goaltenders who wear large over-sized gear.

Jose Theodore (and Garon for that matter) wear gear that falls under the new guideline and will not be affected.
I was under the impression thathtey were reducing the width of the pads from 12 inches to 10 and it had nothing to do with the height at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
05-04-2004, 11:45 PM
V-2 Schneider

How quick fans forget how spotty Roy was early in his career, or how many sub-par seasons he had.He had plenty of doubters, and Serge thought he was done in Sept 1995, too.

Fans are too quick to extrapolate a good season into a career in decline.Theodore is in the top 5 G in hockey,period, and more like top 3.Enough with the bashing and nit picking.It's so silly.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
I was under the impression thathtey were reducing the width of the pads from 12 inches to 10 and it had nothing to do with the height at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats what i thought.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider
How quick fans forget how spotty Roy was early in his career, or how many sub-par seasons he had.He had plenty of doubters, and Serge thought he was done in Sept 1995, too.

Fans are too quick to extrapolate a good season into a career in decline.Theodore is in the top 5 G in hockey,period, and more like top 3.Enough with the bashing and nit picking.It's so silly.

Never said i hated Theo nor did the majority of others here, i just like Garon more....

Old
05-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Habsolution

Quote:

Some people say that the Theodore doubters are quick to forget Theodore's achievements. But ever since his 4 months of fame (from january to april 2002) what has Theodore done that sets him apart from other goaltenders ?

Besides what is even more silly is comparing Theodore to Roy. In 95 Roy had already broken records (youngest to ever win the Conn Smythe), he had 2 cups and 2 conn smythe. One of the few players in history to ever win 2 conn smythe. We also went to the finals in 89 with him. And all of this with teams that were never considered favourites.

Enough with the Theodore and Roy comparisons. They're not in the same league and most assuredly never will be.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:10 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
I don't think Theo will make team Canada. Wouldn't that mean he's at least #4 in Canada? Now figure in all the other goaltenders around the world and there's no way he's top 5.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
But I don't think it's 100% sure thing yet. They just got together and made suggestions about changes in the rules. Chances are only a couple of the propositions will be adopted.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Some people say that the Theodore doubters are quick to forget Theodore's achievements. But ever since his 4 months of fame (from january to april 2002) what has Theodore done that sets him apart from other goaltenders ?

Besides what is even more silly is comparing Theodore to Roy. In 95 Roy had already broken records (youngest to ever win the Conn Smythe), he had 2 cups and 2 conn smythe. One of the few players in history to ever win 2 conn smythe. We also went to the finals in 89 with him. And all of this with teams that were never considered favourites.

Enough with the Theodore and Roy comparisons. They're not in the same league and most assuredly never will be.
Bingo, but that still doesnt mean Theo wont be great. Comparing players is just silly imo, like you say. Most people here have dreams of Theo becoming the next Roy, and to be honest i dont think either Theo or Garon will be come the next Roy. Thats not too say they wont be great goalies though!!!

Old
05-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Never said i hated Theo nor did the majority of others here, i just like Garon more....
Does this post ring a bell?
Quote:
HI my name is Mooch and I like pie.
or what about this one:
Quote:
I love listening to Britney Spears when I am butt naked. Oooh yeah!
These, in my mind, clearly prove that you hate Jose Theodore. I rest my case.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Does this post ring a bell?

or what about this one:

These, in my mind, clearly prove that you hate Jose Theodore. I rest my case.
Yes your right, i do hate Theo

I have no idea what your talking about

Old
05-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Yes your right, i do hate Theo

I have no idea what your talking about
And next thing you'll say is that my girlfriend was right to leave me and press criminal charges on me after I tied her up in the basement for 1 month and fed her live insects? You have no credibility.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Mooch

Quote:
And next thing you'll say is that my girlfriend was right to leave me and press criminal charges on me after I tied her up in the basement for 1 month and fed her live insects? You have no credibility.
Woooooooo..............now you really lost me.

Perhaps that alzhiemers is kicking in

Old
05-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Woooooooo..............now you really lost me.

Perhaps that alzhiemers is kicking in
, oops sorry about that, I was actually responding to an imaginary poster but I ended up responding to you.

Sorry about that.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Mooch

Quote:
, oops sorry about that, I was actually responding to an imaginary poster but I ended up responding to you.

Sorry about that.
No problem, i understand your wierdness, im infected as well

Old
05-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Bingo, but that still doesnt mean Theo wont be great. Comparing players is just silly imo, like you say. Most people here have dreams of Theo becoming the next Roy, and to be honest i dont think either Theo or Garon will be come the next Roy. Thats not too say they wont be great goalies though!!!
I feel like the word great gets thrown around too much. Great would be Belfour, Roy, Brodeur or Hasek. Good would be all the others who can consistently bring their team into the post season but haven't got the extra something to pull amazing performances in the playoffs. Theodore would qualify as a good goalie IMO. He's already achieved his upside and that upside is being a top 10 goalie.

As for Garon let's see how he fares with more time and responsabilities. I get he feeling he'll be better than Theodore. Could he be a great goalie ? Maybe. But maybe he won't. That is why we need to find out as soon as possible before we resign Theodore or not.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Kerberos*

Quote:
No problem, i understand your wierdness, im infected as well
I heard, on the internet, of a cure that's supposed to work. I simply don't have the 10000 dollars needed to buy it. Won't you help me please!

Old
05-05-2004, 12:30 AM
Mooch

Quote:
I heard, on the internet, of a cure that's supposed to work. I simply don't have the 10000 dollars needed to buy it. Won't you help me please!
I tried it, do i seem cured?????

Theres no hope for us Kerberos

Old
05-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Kerberos*

Quote:
I tried it, do i seem cured?????

Theres no hope for us Kerberos
I'll go cry myself to sleep in that case like every other night.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Mooch

Quote:
I'll go cry myself to sleep in that case like every other night.
Same here, good night or atleast i hope it is....

Well i guess Leaf elimination night is always a good night

Closed Thread