HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Solid 60 minutes; Habs win 3-0 over Sabres

Old
04-04-2010, 09:32 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
I like Lapierre! No problem with the exchange, not at all. Habs 3 Sabres 0 voila!

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 09:42 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
To his defense, Montador dropped them first and started engaging....Lapierre had no choice. He chose the best solution how of everything possible....drop them to show that he's not afraid....but don't fight to avoid being killed...

The taunting and grinning had to freakin stop and almost for himself. Seems that he's become a joke in this league....
I didn't see it, but I was told by others in the room last night that Montador instigated the fight, and once they were in clutches, he took off Lapierre's helmet and then started punching him in the head. If true, and had he hurt Lapierre badly, this could have become a criminal matter. And let me tell you: had it actually GONE criminal, it is absolutely ZERO DEFENSE to say that "Lapierre was yapping about the score (or my Mom or my sister), so I was justified."

If a player wants to make the statement that he prefers to fight without helmets, he should invite his opponent to agree, and then they each take their OWN helmets off.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
You think he cares?
I'm sure he does,how would you feel if every team you played against wanted to beat the hell out of you?Even this summer when we got Gomez he said he couldn't stand Max,he made himself a bad reputation and now everyone wants a piece of him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why wouldn't he? Wouldn't you care of the type of reputation you have? If he's intelligent, he will or at least should. And if that reputation goes beyond the opponent and reflects to his own teamates? Pretty sure that to have a long career, you need at least some people on your side. And if on top, you're unable to deliver hockeywise, well he's not helping himself.
It seems to me that if he did care he'd just stop. It's not a complicated issue. Either he fights (and likely loses) every game like people call for so he's not called a ***** or he stops agitating and becomes a bland 3/4th line plug. If his reputation was so important to him, why wouldn't he just do that?

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
JrHockeyFan

I'm not the biggest fighting fan in the world, but when it happens, it helps if everyone involved at least does it right.

If Laps is not a fighter, that is one thing. If you are going to fake being all tough and ready to fight, then put on that show? Ridiculous. The stuff that followed the fight just made it worse.

The really sad part about this is the kid is undermining himself. He will get no respect from opponents and that never leads to anything good.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Taupy

We were really good in the faceoff circle last night, a key to the victory:

Plekanec: 12-2
Gomez: 15-6
Lapierre: 4-1
Moore: 4-6
Others: 1-3
67%

Roy: 10-12
Gaustad: 6-11
Pomminville: 0-9
Ellis: 0-3
Others: 2-1
33%

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Maliki2

Well the game was awesome, 2 for 2 this year when I went to the games. Pittsburgh and Buffalo!

The only bad things I took from the game, Bergeron needs to go, he was terrible. Our failure to clear the zone was very obvious. Its almost as if there is a lack of effort when they do this, but its been like this all year so I didn't expect anything less.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I didn't see it, but I was told by others in the room last night that Montador instigated the fight, and once they were in clutches, he took off Lapierre's helmet and then started punching him in the head. If true, and had he hurt Lapierre badly, this could have become a criminal matter. And let me tell you: had it actually GONE criminal, it is absolutely ZERO DEFENSE to say that "Lapierre was yapping about the score (or my Mom or my sister), so I was justified."

If a player wants to make the statement that he prefers to fight without helmets, he should invite his opponent to agree, and then they each take their OWN helmets off.
I was at the game. This is what happened when they were dancing. Montador actually started to rabbit punch Laps before they even started to do much. This is what started the whole deal, he was slamming Laps in the side and I had a perfect view of the whole thing.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:23 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Well the game was awesome, 2 for 2 this year when I went to the games. Pittsburgh and Buffalo!

The only bad things I took from the game, Bergeron needs to go, he was terrible. Our failure to clear the zone was very obvious. Its almost as if there is a lack of effort when they do this, but its been like this all year so I didn't expect anything less.

The WORST player for clearing his zone was Andrei Kostitsyn, BY FAR. I sometimes wonder if on net balance they would be better off switching wings between Cammy and AKost. Maybe they should try it sometime, starting in a practice situation.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:34 AM
sampollock

wow back to back wins,

the boys stepped it up, next nyi.

don't let the fig game on sat be the one WE have to win.

sampollock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:03 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
I am really fed up with Boy Scouts Hockey; I lean towards unfair and more than average[/b][/b]. I welcome smirks and cheap shots. I really do... think of Corson, Chelios, Carbonneau, Skrudland, Kostopoulos, Bouillon, Bégin, Ludwig, Komisarek, and Lemieux.

Yes, but everyone of these guys (except Carbo) were never afraid to fight. Lapierre backed down from Ference (who was beaten by Crosby ffs) No one is asking him to take on a heavyweight, but this guy is afraid of the featherweights as well.

If we play Buffalo in the playoffs, you can be sure Kaleta will go after him, especially with his moronic scoreboard taunt last night.
If Kaleta is chasing Lapierre around then the Habs win that exchange.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
did you win a package or something?
my friend was presented to the crowd before the game

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I was very impressed with the teams play and that is two in row that they played well against the Sabres so I am hoping that will be our first round match up. Would not be easy series but one I think the Habs can definitely come out on top.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Gary320

Great game! So now all we need is one win and no matter what happens, we would make the post season.. upon what I see.

Flyers and Rangers would just need one loss in order for us to clinch if we win ONE game.
Flyers and Rangers face each other twice at the end of the season thus one of them HAS to lose.
With 88 pts. We are in.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
BelHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I hope that is our 4th line next season, I don't want to see darche and MAB anywhere near the team next season.
You should think twice about this... Look what happened to our PP when we got rid of Streit. A lot of people were down on Streit also before he went elsewhere...

We *need* that booming shot from the point, plain and simple.

BelHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Players take opponents helmets off in fights all the times in fights. It's usually the first thing a fighter does when fighting a guy with a visor. See O'Byrne's fight with Kaleta.

Anyways this is the vid:

What bothered me was 1:12 to 1:26, nothing big, but makes him look pretty bad imo. Pointing at the score while he was headed towards the lockerroom is classic agitation, I didn't really mind that part.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Great game! So now all we need is one win and no matter what happens, we would make the post season.. upon what I see.

Flyers and Rangers would just need one loss in order for us to clinch if we win ONE game.
Flyers and Rangers face each other twice at the end of the season thus one of them HAS to lose.
With 88 pts. We are in.
No, we need 89.

If the Rangers and Flyers who have already 82 points and 4 games to play, win two games and split their encounters in OT or SO, they gonna get 7 more points each for 89. The Habs would be in because they would have more wins. + Boston has still four games to play and could get 92 points still.

Ideally, the Habs should win at least two of their last three.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:58 AM
BelHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
A.Kost or Pouliot? Your description fits Pouls more. Kostitsyn has been pretty good since Cammalleri returned. He's got 3 goals and 5 points in those 6 games. That's enough to have the most points among our top 6 forwards in that span.
The guy has so much talent that he gets away with occasionally turning it on. Watch his game next time. He's the quintessential lazy player.

BelHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post

With 88 pts. We are in.
Unless the Rags and Flyers split their games in OT.

Then you could conceivably have the Bruins with 92 pts, and both New York and Philly with 89.

But if the Flyers lose today then a win Tuesday would clinch a spot.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I'm not the biggest fighting fan in the world, but when it happens, it helps if everyone involved at least does it right.

If Laps is not a fighter, that is one thing. If you are going to fake being all tough and ready to fight, then put on that show? Ridiculous. The stuff that followed the fight just made it worse.

The really sad part about this is the kid is undermining himself. He will get no respect from opponents and that never leads to anything good.
Are you trying to tell us players have respect for each others usually ? Because they clearly don't anyway so I'm not sure what that changes.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:03 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Players take opponents helmets off in fights all the times in fights. It's usually the first thing a fighter does when fighting a guy with a visor. See O'Byrne's fight with Kaleta.

Anyways this is the vid:

What bothered me was 1:12 to 1:26, nothing big, but makes him look pretty bad imo. Pointing at the score while he was headed towards the lockerroom is classic agitation, I didn't really mind that part.
i still think hitting a guy when hes down on the ice is the worst part of that whole incident.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
No, we need 89.

If the Rangers and Flyers who have already 82 points and 4 games to play, win two games and split their encounters in OT or SO, they gonna get 7 more points each for 89. The Habs would be in because they would have more wins. + Boston has still four games to play and could get 92 points still.

Ideally, the Habs should win at least two of their last three.
You are right, however, the likelihood of the rangers and flyers winning both games, then splitting both games against each others in OT/SO is really really low. And you also have to assume that Boston would also pass the habs for us to miss the playoffs with a win.

Essentially, if we win another game, we're 99% in. But you are correct, not 100%.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:05 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛ View Post
You are right, however, the likelihood of the rangers and flyers winning both games, then splitting both games against each others in OT/SO is really really low. And you also have to assume that Boston would also pass the habs for us to miss the playoffs with a win.

Essentially, if we win another game, we're 99% in. But you are correct, not 100%.
... But not impossible...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
It seems to me that if he did care he'd just stop. It's not a complicated issue. Either he fights (and likely loses) every game like people call for so he's not called a ***** or he stops agitating and becomes a bland 3/4th line plug. If his reputation was so important to him, why wouldn't he just do that?
'Cause he doesn't realize at what point it's at now. And he should. There's a freakin difference between becoming a tough, hard-hitting 3rd liner and a pest/agitator who can't answer the bell when his agitating becomes too annoying. Sorry, but you don't necessarily have to agitate to become a fine 3rd liner. But if you do that and the result to your actions is often fighting, well either you shut up, either you answer.

Why he just didn't do it? I'll say that's because it's the only way he knows.......but now it's time to adapt.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelHabs View Post
The guy has so much talent that he gets away with occasionally turning it on. Watch his game next time. He's the quintessential lazy player.
lol really not the type of player Andrei is. His problem is his startup as it takes him quite a while to get going when the season begins or following an injury. Once he gets into his rhythm, he's pretty consistent all around and his tear usually endures less something derails it like a mid-season injury or i dunno, allegations of mafia relations.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote