HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal and Washington Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Montreal and Washington Proposal

To Montreal
1st overall pick (Ovechkin)
Jakub Klepis

To Washington
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Mike Komiarek
Chris Higgins

Old
05-04-2004, 06:05 PM
H3ro

I don't think this is enough from a Habs' POV to grab Ovechkin. Sure, it's a heck of a package... Interesting one, for sure...

Old
05-04-2004, 06:12 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ro
I don't think this is enough from a Habs' POV to grab Ovechkin. Sure, it's a heck of a package... Interesting one, for sure...
It's a fair package, I just don't see McPhee needing to trade the pick for depth, he has two first round picks, and three seconds (including compensation for Johansson) in addition to #1 overall, and the deepest crop of prospects in the league.

It's quality over quantity.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
To Montreal
Jakub Klepis

To Washington
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Mike Komiarek
Chris Higgins

That's a pretty interesting deal.

Though, McPhee is exceptionally high on Klepis... so I'm not sure he'd be a piece the Caps want to move.

As for the rest of it, I'll second EroCaps response, the Caps need premium talent. They don't need second and third liners. They have enough of that. And if they don't, can easily add those players and grinders.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:13 PM
txpd

Quote:
To Montreal
Jakub Klepis

To Washington
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Mike Komiarek
Chris Higgins
That is Ovechkin, considered the top draftable since Mario and McPhee's top forward prospect, who he sees scoring 20 in the next NHL season for 3 prospects.
2 out and 3 in....there is just no way....NO CHANCE

Old
05-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I would never do this from a Montreal point of view.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

There is virtually no way this one would happen. The only possible downside to Ovechkin is that he's just a prospect, not an NHL player yet. There is that sliver of doubt as to whether he can bring that at the NHL level. There is no reason to trade him for other similarly unproven prospects. If it's just a question of prospects, go with the one that projects to be the better player.

McPhee is very high on Klepis, so that just makes it even less likely.

On the other hand, I do not see Gainey trading Komisarek.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
That is Ovechkin, considered the top draftable since Mario and McPhee's top forward prospect, who he sees scoring 20 in the next NHL season for 3 prospects.
2 out and 3 in....there is just no way....NO CHANCE
Its not like Kastsitsyn and Komisarek are bums. Kastsitsyn was drafted 10th overall and should have gone higher but at the time there were health issue's concerning him. He is NHL ready right now and would be a perfect partner for Semin.

Komisarek is the tough, hard hitting defensman that Mcphee would love. He would be perfect to partner either Eminger or Morrison.

And I know Mcphee really like's Klepis, but I think even he would admitt Higgins is a much better prospect. He is the top line talant at center that the Caps just don't have right now. Klepis is more than likely a solid 2nd liner or a great 3rd liner.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:27 AM
borro

Quote:
To Montreal
Jakub Klepis

To Washington
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Mike Komiarek
Chris Higgins
Thats not enough for Ovechkin alone. Forget Klepis too. Add a 1st and 2nd and that would be interesting. (-Klepis)

Old
05-05-2004, 08:32 AM
arsobro

What about ...

MTL gives Théodore
Kastitsyn
Higgins
1st round

Wash gives 1st round
Ouellet

Old
05-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Not a fan of the deal from the Caps' perspective.

I don't think they should trade the #1 pick.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:45 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Thats not enough for Ovechkin alone. Forget Klepis too. Add a 1st and 2nd and that would be interesting. (-Klepis)
Klepis is worth nothing.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:50 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Klepis is worth nothing.
Incorrect, but that's immaterial, since the #1 pick is not likely to be dealt anyway. He's worth something to a team rebuilding. He's worth something to the Capitals, which is relevant in that Washington is the team that would be dealing him.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Habs4ever

Montreal just signed best USA goaltender in Danisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsobro
What about ...

MTL gives Théodore
Kastitsyn
Higgins
1st round

Wash gives 1st round
Ouellet

and with Theo, Garon still young I don't see any need to trade for one, Why would team loaded with great goaltenders trade for yet another one??

Even if you were sarcastic it doesn't work here, atleast give something other team needs if you want to rip them that is!

Old
05-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

1- I don't see Gainey dealing Komisarek and Higgins. They're exactly the type of players Montreal need more of. They're the gritty warriors Gainey loves to build a team with.

2- If McPhee was ever to consider trading Ovechkin, my guess is it would need to involve a top-end prospect (Kastsitsyn), a young goalie on the rise (Garon), a young talented Dman (Markov) and a proven scoring forward (Zednik). I'm not saying Montreal would do that, as those are very important players for the team, but considering they offered Komisarek, Perezhogin, Garon and Markov for Kovalchuk and it was still turned down, I assume it would need to be this kind of crazy offer. Those kind of franchise players are just not traded unless in a ridiculous Lindros type deal.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Darcy Wakaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
and with Theo, Garon still young I don't see any need to trade for one, Why would team loaded with great goaltenders trade for yet another one??
I think Theo would be part of that deal, thus opening the door a bit in Montreal for the goaltending situation. Still wouldn't do it though. From a Montreal perspective, you're basically trading your future first line away and a fan favorite Hart and Vezina winner for a potential superstar attacker and goaltender.

From a Washington perspective, they're moving in a new direction (One that doesn't involve paying high salaries like Theo's) and they'd be better off with Ovechkin and Ouellet, who are going to be the cornerstones of that franchise.

Anytime you're looking at trading for the first overall, the only way you'll land it is through severe overpayment. Case in point - the Lindros Deal. Looking back on it, I'd have done Lindros for Forsberg straight up, forget the 5 other players, 2 first rounders and the $15 million. Then again, hindsight is 20/20.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Agreed. For goaltending, the Capitals have Kolzig, Ouellet, Stana, Daigneault, Muller, and Gherson. All offer varying degrees of quality goaltending at differing stages of development. Washington needs help everywhere, except in goal. They are stacked at this position.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:17 AM
BIGTRAIN*

Ok folks change they name from Ovehkin to Lemiuex ( mario ) >> Would you make that same trade when he was drafted >> Name any general manager today that would trade Ovehkin for that proposal >> Repeat after me he is a franchise player for any team and you do not trade them >> Do not believe me ask the oilers how that worked whe they traded wayne and see if it was a good trade for them >> If you are of the opinion he is not a franchise why would you give up what you claim is a great package to get him ?? Stop the sillyness or at least admit it he is going to be a great player and make an offer that reflects that fact >>

Everybody is tradeable AT THE RIGHT PRICE but none of these offers meet that requirement from the caps stand point so please get REAL and make an offer they cannot refuse and it must in the caps best interest not your teams >> Why you want him and we have him >>>>

Old
05-05-2004, 11:53 AM

Habs get screwd in this deal...I don't care how good Ovchekin is, the days of giving away the farm for one unproven player is done, although Ovchekin would give the Habs a player they've lacked for ages, it would set them back in all other ares for years...no thanks...and Jakub Klepis :lol please...he's a decent prospect but come on! he was traded for Vaclav Varada for god sakes, what's he going to do for the Habs that Higgins can't do? who would replace Komisarek? Kastsitsyn is the habs gamebreaker for the future, i'm not saying that he'll be better than Ovchekin but right now, who knows?

This is a terrible deal from Montreal's standpoint and the Caps make out HUGE in this deal, i mean HUGE!

Old
05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Klepis is worth nothing.

He was obviously worth something at the deadline.

In McPhee's book, he's worth a lot actually.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:30 PM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Habs get screwd in this deal...I don't care how good Ovchekin is, the days of giving away the farm for one unproven player is done, although Ovchekin would give the Habs a player they've lacked for ages, it would set them back in all other ares for years...no thanks...and Jakub Klepis :lol please...he's a decent prospect but come on! he was traded for Vaclav Varada for god sakes, what's he going to do for the Habs that Higgins can't do? who would replace Komisarek? Kastsitsyn is the habs gamebreaker for the future, i'm not saying that he'll be better than Ovchekin but right now, who knows?

This is a terrible deal from Montreal's standpoint and the Caps make out HUGE in this deal, i mean HUGE!
WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT BACK IF YOU HAD A FRANCHISE PLAYER and others wanted him ??? As I said ask the oilers fans if the trade of wayne was worth what they got in return >>

Last edited by BIGTRAIN: 05-05-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old
05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Darcy Wakaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTRAIN
WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT BACK IF YOU HAD A FRANCHISE PLAYER and others wanted him ??? As I said ask the oilers fans if the trade of wayne was worth what they got in return >>

If you ask Oilers fans what they got back in return, of course they didn't get enough back. If you ask Peter Pocklington, he was elated by the deal with the $20mill he picked up. This wasn't so much a hockey deal as a financial deal.

Old
05-05-2004, 01:10 PM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Wakaluk
If you ask Oilers fans what they got back in return, of course they didn't get enough back. If you ask Peter Pocklington, he was elated by the deal with the $20mill he picked up. This wasn't so much a hockey deal as a financial deal.
And where is that franchise now ?? So would you have nmade that trade ?? All peter wanted was the money and the fans got screwed >> You trade those type of players and you never recover >>>> Great player come around once in a while and your chanced to get one are even slimmer >> Take the great player and build around him never trade them >>>>>>>>

Old
05-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTRAIN
I remember a certain Lindros trade where Quebec made out like bandits too. Works both ways.

Old
05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
BIGTRAIN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I remember a certain Lindros trade where Quebec made out like bandits too. Works both ways.
And that is why the caps will only trade him for a Lindros type of deal >> By the way would you have made that trade to get Lindros ??

Closed Thread