HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the advertising on MSG just the worst or what?

Old
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
they show one for the local Audi dealer here where the couple leave their baby with the salesman while they take the car for a test drive......Id rather leave my kids with a catholic priest than a car dealer.
No way, I think I'd choose the dealer.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Honestly, they could be much worse. At least they don't show that anti-smoking commerical where that woman has no fingers left and was doing the Wu-Tang clan salute and showing the stupid stoma hole in that guys throat.

There are definitely some commercials that get on my nerves though, such as the Matt Gilroy one (breathe easy play hard!) which I laugh at everytime I see it. There are so many car commercials because like someone said, it's based off of demographics and they think most fans are really rich -- show lexus and mercedes commericals and stuff.

I love that scrap metal commercial that someone mentioned with the girl asking her father -- absolutely hilarious how they managed to think of that one.

The geico commericals get really old really fast, especially when that hick plays the violin/fiddle or whatever its called and goes crazy in that restaurant as well as the other geico one where they all say goodnight a million times. Jesus that stuff gets stuck in my head for days and it doesn't even apply to me.

But some channels are even worse than MSG with these, like NHL network

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Honestly, they could be much worse. At least they don't show that anti-smoking commerical where that woman has no fingers left and was doing the Wu-Tang clan salute and showing the stupid stoma hole in that guys throat.

There are definitely some commercials that get on my nerves though, such as the Matt Gilroy one (breathe easy play hard!) which I laugh at everytime I see it. There are so many car commercials because like someone said, it's based off of demographics and they think most fans are really rich -- show lexus and mercedes commericals and stuff.

I love that scrap metal commercial that someone mentioned with the girl asking her father -- absolutely hilarious how they managed to think of that one.

The geico commericals get really old really fast, especially when that hick plays the violin/fiddle or whatever its called and goes crazy in that restaurant as well as the other geico one where they all say goodnight a million times. Jesus that stuff gets stuck in my head for days and it doesn't even apply to me.

Hockey is for everyone!
(repeat 100000000 times)

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
Hockey is for everyone!
(repeat 100000000 times)
Oh my god... I often fall asleep to NHL on the Fly and it's like brainwashing me all I hear is that same commerical played on repeat 1000000000000 million times.

For the love of god get some new commercials.

"Derek Roy, top shelf where momma hides the cookies!"

Old
frankthefrowner

SNY is terrible too, its commercials for local sports teams its that way everywhere.. I mean im a mets fan and if i see those sunrise toyota commericals again im gonna lose it.

I was in Pittsburgh last week and was watching flyers pens on FSN Pitt and it was ****** car commercials.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
allstar3970

Quote:

I for one welcome all cheesy local commercials, you have to laugh at the fact that somebody actually put effort into some of them

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
All it does is shows your doesn't work anymore
LOL! Hahahahaha!

I have to admit for my first season having access to MSG, the commercials are pretty terrible. As someone else mentioned though, most commercials are. I wasn't expecting to be as excited for TV timeouts as I was for seeing the Rangers, so I guess it's not a let down.

However, I don't mind the Chase ski-lift one, simply because the background music is pretty chill.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

The chase commercials are really the tackiest things ever

What button do I press for a massage.

I guess they're too cheap to hire people to make decent ads nowadays :/

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
edtezky

I think the scrap metal one is the funny because its so retarded. Why would a hot girl have so much scrap metal. And her friend, "the ugly one" is calling out to her dad with the IO remote in the hand. You could tell that company is ran by the mob or something. Epically at the end when u see the two guys getting paid in crazy amounts of cash. My friends and i make fun of it all the time when we watch.

I think the worse commercials were the Continental Airlines commercials. The one with the Sturdiest would take pillows and food away from people on the plane. AND THE SONG THAT PLAYED. Just wanted to mute the TV right when it came on! I haven't seen it this season thank god. But last season and the one before they overkilled that commercial.

edtezky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

ever watch the nhl network and their finally fast computer commercials on repeat? It makes me want go pet the bunny from monty python

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Cmox

Quote:

Charlie Daniels haha. He did write "The Devil Went Down To Georgia", give him props for that.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

They have terrible commercials

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Richard Brads

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the one with that fat slob from hyundai (i think advantage?).

"do you have 99 dollahs and a jawb? Then I can put you in a cah today!"

and yea that touch of gray cracks me up every time

Richard Brads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Charlie Daniels haha. He did write "The Devil Went Down To Georgia", give him props for that.
LOL I look like a retard, but yeah I mean that's a good song and all but I don't care much hearing it blaring from my TV every 5 mins and it's just sounds like screeching not even music.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
For the past 2 seasons I've watched all the games on my DVR on an hour long delay so I haven't had to sit through any commercials/intermissions... So I'm not up to snuff with the current commercials...
I try to keep my delay within about 5-10 minutes, but like you, I couldn't tell you the last time I even saw a commercial. TV doesn't exist in real time to me anymore and I love it.

Now I need one for my computer....and a better computer.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:55 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I can't believe the amount of mohawks I see these days. The "punk" look is now accepted. In high school I was totally made fun of. Now those same type of people are now wearing the "punk uniform" because it's trendy... /rant
LOL. I am a ranger fan and I have a mohawk...granted its not HUGE or colored...and I have a professional job. Its small and guess what? girls love it.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I forgot to mention FinallyFast.com. That commercial makes adult film acting look like Laurence Olivier.

When the kid goes "my computer is finally fast....finallyfast.com!" I wanna throw a pie at him.

Top 3 people in Rangers commercials who need pies:

1. Finallyfast.com Kid
2. Chase Card Husband (Hate his voice, hate his attitude, hate his face...he looks like Greg Grunberg aka Parkman from Heroes on a lot of Happy Pills)
3. Lil Bit 'O Luck singing the "With A Lil' Bit Jingle"

White Plains Batman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Roomtemperature

vCash: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I forgot to mention FinallyFast.com. That commercial makes adult film acting look like Laurence Olivier.

When the kid goes "my computer is finally fast....finallyfast.com!" I wanna throw a pie at him.

Top 3 people in Rangers commercials who need pies:

1. Finallyfast.com Kid
2. Chase Card Husband (Hate his voice, hate his attitude, hate his face...he looks like Greg Grunberg aka Parkman from Heroes on a lot of Happy Pills)
3. Lil Bit 'O Luck singing the "With A Lil' Bit Jingle"
I hope the pie has a brick in it.

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
I hope the pie has a brick in it.
That would be too kind of a fate.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:46 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
I for one welcome all cheesy local commercials, you have to laugh at the fact that somebody actually put effort into some of them
Yeah... people actually make a living off this crap. I doubt it was a lot of effort though, they were probably told to do a half assed job because the company doesn't want to pay that much for it

The effects and stuff.. sheesh. Like that one where there's a mirror of that girl and she gives herself a fist pound at the end with a cheesy sound effect. The 1980s called, they want their special effects back.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:34 AM
cataids

Do they ever show Giuseppe Franco on MSG? I know it was always on SNY/YES.

cataids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:29 AM
chosen

If you want to see really bad commercials, leave NYC,

Then you will be able to view endless commercials where the daughters of the owners of small businesses try and look hot, talk like imbeciles, and tell us that their place is the best because their daddy owns it.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

I have 2- those commercials where you can text in that a crime is being committed and the freetriplecreditscore.com which is displayed on the screen as freetriplecreditscore99.com or something. brutal

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
LamoTheKid

The beep beep.com commercial's jingle REALLY REALLY REALLY gets on my nerves.

but I want to do dirty dirty things to the hillside honda girl. Shes a hottie. Too bad that tool only asks for her laptop instead of her number.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Hockify

I promised him I
would serve Him until I die!

You cannot get there by yourself!!!!!!!!

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote