HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

April 2010 - Kaberle Discussion Thread Kaberle Kaberle Kaberle Kaberle

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
How about:

Kaberle
Grabovski

for

Colborne
Ryder
Leafs' 2nd.

Grabovski out pointed Ryder in 20 fewer games, and is younger, with a lower cap hit.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
Old
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I'd prefer to see him land a unestablished, on the cusp player for Kaberle.

I think the Leafs should look at an underperforming kid who had a high ceiling. A Mueller or Cogliano type of situation.
Washington's Eric Fehr is one such player perhaps.

Eric Fehr
Right Wing
Born Sep 7 1985 -- Winkler, MAN
Height 6.04 -- Weight 210 -- Shoots L

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=55352

Had a bit of a break out season this year on an explosive Washington team with 21 goals 39 points in 69 games

Age 24 and a Big Power forward already 6-4 and going to play at 230+lbs.. Big time scorer in WHL with back to back 50+ goals seasons and strong AHL performance as well. Check out the Pims with 220 pims combined over his last 2 CHL season. PPG player already in his second Pro year in AHL.

2003-04 - Brandon Wheat Kings - WHL - 71 games 50 goals 34 assists 84 points 129 Pims
2004-05 - Brandon Wheat Kings - WHL - 71 games 59 goals 52 assists 111 points 91 pims
&
2005-06 - Hershey Bears - AHL - 70 games 25 goals 28 assists 53 points 70 pims
2006-07 - Hershey Bears - AHL - 40 games 22 goals 19 assists 41 points 63 pims

Washington a WIN now team that could use a Kaberle type player.

Old
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Stats01

Quote:
How about:

Kaberle
Grabovski

for

Colborne
Ryder
Leafs' 2nd.

Grabovski out pointed Ryder in 20 fewer games, and is younger, with a lower cap hit.

That deal is ok, I think we can do better with another team. But switch the second to a first and it looks better.

Old
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post

Eric Fehr
Right Wing

Had a bit of a break out season this year on an explosive Washington team with 21 goals 39 points in 69 games

Age 24 and a Big Power forward already 6-4 and going to play at 230+lbs.. Big time scorer in WHL with back to back 50+ goals seasons and strong AHL performance as well. Check out the Pims with 220 pims combined over his last 2 CHL season. PPG player already in his second Pro year in AHL.

2003-04 - Brandon Wheat Kings - WHL - 71 games 50 goals 34 assists 84 points 129 Pims
2004-05 - Brandon Wheat Kings - WHL - 71 games 59 goals 52 assists 111 points 91 pims
&

Yeah, maybe they can sit Green, or Corvo, or Carlson so they can get someone who can actually put points up from the back end into their lineup...

Old
04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

toronto/carolina

kaberle
schenn
grabs

sutter
carolina's 1st pick 2010 (el nino)
+ a young prospect

Last edited by thebluemachine*: 04-14-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
"We got off to a bad start again this year," Ducks GM Bob Murray told ESPN.com. "That's four out of five years in Anaheim we've got off to a bad start. That can't continue. And quite honestly, my special teams aren't good enough. That's a huge concern of mine."

Murray wants to beef up the blue line if he can. He's willing to make one or two significant trades to improve his team.
Burke, get on it.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...ern-conference

Old
04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Yeah, maybe they can sit Green, or Corvo, or Carlson so they can get someone who can actually put points up from the back end into their lineup...
Corvo is a UFA at years end. Is also older than Kaberle by a few years (IIRC).

04-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Kaberle to Philly for Coburn and Gagne. I bet it gets done in some form.

Old
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
That deal is ok, I think we can do better with another team. But switch the second to a first and it looks better.
no chance we can do better than that.

Kaberle is at the end of his contract, i'd gladly take that package from Boston.

Old
04-14-2010, 10:54 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
How about:

Kaberle
Grabovski

for

Colborne
Ryder
Leafs' 2nd.

The upside of that second pick overall. If the B's take Seguin they don't have as much need for young centers. It might make Colbourne more available, although maybe Grabo less interesting as well.

Old
04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Kaberle to Philly for Coburn and Gagne. I bet it gets done in some form.
Not nearly enough for the Flyers. I think Gagne and Kabs have similar value.
Based on the game he plays, and the ages of the forwards the Leafs have let go, I don't see Gagne as a Leaf although I do like him.
If Coburn has a weak playoff he might be more moveable because he wasn't great this season, but do the Leafs need to trade for an inconsistent young D man?

Old
04-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Boston has 3 centers right now with Savard, Bergeron and Krecji and they would want Grabo exactly why? They also have Colborne is the farm though I think he likely gets moved to the wing but they have their 3 centers so there is no point for Boston getting him.

I'd honestly just do JVR straight up for Kaberle though I doubt Phillies does. It'll be interesting what they do, I've heard Carter rumors pop up numerous times and maybe if he has a bad playoffs, then would they consider Kaberle straight up for Carter? No first this time.

Old
04-15-2010, 11:51 AM
S2S
Come at me bros

I feel Kaberle's value may have really dipped of late. Getting a top 10 pick for him this year would probably have to involve us using Schenn as well, which is lateral movement. I think if we want a first for Kaberle, we will have to settle for a pick higher than 15. I would also consider a 1st in 11, as long as we get a more than decent top 6 guy and maybe a 2nd this year.

I'm wondering if this has been done, but I would flip Kaberle to Boston for our 1st back in 11 and something else, but with the posts I've been reading from Bruins fans, I don't see that being a possibility.

Old
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Boston has 3 centers right now with Savard, Bergeron and Krecji and they would want Grabo exactly why? They also have Colborne is the farm though I think he likely gets moved to the wing but they have their 3 centers so there is no point for Boston getting him.

I'd honestly just do JVR straight up for Kaberle though I doubt Phillies does. It'll be interesting what they do, I've heard Carter rumors pop up numerous times and maybe if he has a bad playoffs, then would they consider Kaberle straight up for Carter? No first this time.
You are correct Sir. Colborne was drafted as a center and still listed as a center even though he's played Right Wing the past 2 years at Denver (college) and is playing Right Wing in the AHL. Even on The Providence Bruins' website they have him listed as a center.

Old
04-15-2010, 12:02 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
I feel Kaberle's value may have really dipped of late. Getting a top 10 pick for him this year would probably have to involve us using Schenn as well, which is lateral movement. I think if we want a first for Kaberle, we will have to settle for a pick higher than 15. I would also consider a 1st in 11, as long as we get a more than decent top 6 guy and maybe a 2nd this year.

I'm wondering if this has been done, but I would flip Kaberle to Boston for our 1st back in 11 and something else, but with the posts I've been reading from Bruins fans, I don't see that being a possibility.
i don't think his value has dipped that much, it's more about who has a hard on for him and where he will get us a maximum return.

i think the boston pick for kaberle is done with although i think we could package kaberle and schenn for a monster of a deal with carolina.

Old
04-15-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
Not nearly enough for the Flyers. I think Gagne and Kabs have similar value.
Based on the game he plays, and the ages of the forwards the Leafs have let go, I don't see Gagne as a Leaf although I do like him.
If Coburn has a weak playoff he might be more moveable because he wasn't great this season, but do the Leafs need to trade for an inconsistent young D man?
Philly is going to have some cap issues the next couple off-seasons. I see Gagne as a casualty of that - not to mention his injury history diminishes his value a bit as well. Coburn has some good potential but has regressed this year. Do we need him? No. But I'm sure that he could easily be flipped to numerous teams (Anaheim, Vancouver, etc.) that are looking for an upgrade on D.

Old
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 653
Burke actually made it quite simple in his press conference. Hes not shopping Kaberle, but is listening to offers. If a team offers the internal value he set, then he'll make the deal. If not, he will look to re-sign Kaberle. Kaberle's camp is already well aware of this.

Old
04-16-2010, 08:10 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post

Eric Fehr
Right Wing

&

After reading this post I wanted to focus in on the Wash/Mont game last night and I have to say, this Fehr would be the perfect player for toronto. He has all the tools and would open up space for the rest of the forwards. If we could get him as part if a package for Kabs the Leafs would have done good.

Old
04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
xicethug13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
After reading this post I wanted to focus in on the Wash/Mont game last night and I have to say, this Fehr would be the perfect player for toronto. He has all the tools and would open up space for the rest of the forwards. If we could get him as part if a package for Kabs the Leafs would have done good.
i agree it was rumored washinton offered this for kabs

fleishmann+alzner+1st 2010

if they would switch fleishmann to fehr i would be all over that deal it would be

FEHR+ALZNER+1ST 2010....imo that is a great return for kabs...fehr is a big young very good power forward who will be signed to a good cap hit...and alzner is another top young dman...who gives us more flexibility to trade a good dman for more offensive help and the 1st is what it is.....this deal would lead to us being very very much improved

Old
04-16-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Burke actually made it quite simple in his press conference. Hes not shopping Kaberle, but is listening to offers. If a team offers the internal value he set, then he'll make the deal. If not, he will look to re-sign Kaberle. Kaberle's camp is already well aware of this.
Do you actually believe the stuff Burke says in his interviews? Of course he has to say that. You can't say "we're openly shopping Kaberle because we want him gone." He's like a politician; trying not to upset anyone. Burke was watching the same games we were. He saw how ****** Kaberle played and he knows that right now the team needs more top-end forwards than a lazy, sometimes-offensive defenceman.

Old
04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
i agree it was rumored washinton offered this for kabs

fleishmann+alzner+1st 2010

if they would switch fleishmann to fehr i would be all over that deal it would be

FEHR+ALZNER+1ST 2010....imo that is a great return for kabs...fehr is a big young very good power forward who will be signed to a good cap hit...and alzner is another top young dman...who gives us more flexibility to trade a good dman for more offensive help and the 1st is what it is.....this deal would lead to us being very very much improved
This is exactly what i expect to happen. I don't think we can get the max quality and quantity with any other teams, but Washington. I'd actually prefer Fleishmann over Fehr, but i don't think Caps want to trade Fleish.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Mogwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirtss View Post
This is exactly what i expect to happen. I don't think we can get the max quality and quantity with any other teams, but Washington. I'd actually prefer Fleishmann over Fehr, but i don't think Caps want to trade Fleish.
Fleish, Alzner + 1st is a dream come true.

So is Fehr tbh... That is such a great deal, and makes Washington even scarier.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
Fleish, Alzner + 1st is a dream come true.

So is Fehr tbh... That is such a great deal, and makes Washington even scarier.
For all the Kaberle bashers. How good would he have looked last night in that Wsh uniform? They have a lot of size on the back end but no one that can pass like him. People fail to realize, on this board many people undervalue him. On a good team he would be a fantastic d-man. Watch some old playoff games when the Leafs were in them and had expectations. The guy can flat out play. You don't loose that-he just has no opportunity here.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Mogwai

Quote:
For all the Kaberle bashers. How good would he have looked last night in that Wsh uniform? They have a lot of size on the back end but no one that can pass like him. People fail to realize, on this board many people undervalue him. On a good team he would be a fantastic d-man. Watch some old playoff games when the Leafs were in them and had expectations. The guy can flat out play. You don't loose that-he just has no opportunity here.
Exactly - his stretch pass to any one of Knuble (he's a good breakaway guy! lol), Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom... et al... ridiculous.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:28 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
this is why i think washington will be very interested in kaberle if they do not go very deep into the playoffs. my guess is that they will have to pay more for him then what was supposedly already offered.

kaberle's value might actually go up very soon with more teams bidding on him this summer.

Closed Thread