HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Ribeiro Available

Old
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
phil725

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
The problem is some of those guys you named above play like OUR supporting cast at times, but I do buy into them ALL being keepers,just misplaced on the depth chart at times. We need guys like : Matthias,Repik,McCardle,Ellerby,Garrison and so forth to step up next season as FULL TIME NHLERS to strenghten our overall core team and in doing so help the tight budget in a big way (if you want to call a couple of them supporting cast,so be it). What I am trying to say is ,we need one or two top six forwards added this off-season (one via the draft hopefully a centre, and one via an off-season sign or trade;I'd like Frolov at LW). I feel our youth will serve the supporting cast well moving forward, and our dmen/goaltending should not cost much against the budget in the next couple years (Markstrom coming up soon do not forget on a rookie salary I take it).
Our problem is that every year.. our gm screws up majorly and fills up space with a waste of a player and waste of cap space... 2009 it was reinprecht... 2007 Peltonen Mclean, and zednik.

I like Dvorak in that he hustles but he is very replaceable.
If we don't sign dvo, koistinen and reinprecht this past off season... we save over 4 mill in cap space.. and you let the youth take those spots. Better yet 4 mill you send and bring in a guy like tanguay, ribeiro, or afinogenov... these are good players some with bad years and some with better ones but they are a whole lot better than what we got... hate to break it to you but atlanta did well with their offseason with antropov and afinogenov they each have 24 goals and antropov has 43 assists while afinogenov has 37 ... and combined they are a +5....on our team.... they'd be a hit.

phil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Ok, so half. One off of most. Woe is me.

A first is still best used on a forward.
A first is best used on the best player available. A lot of very solid defensemen of late have come out of the first round.

04-05-2010, 12:03 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
A first is best used on the best player available. A lot of very solid defensemen of late have come out of the first round.
I can agree with that. Though I must note that you're more likely to replace that stud defensive prospect with a later pick than a stud forward.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:09 AM
RCGP
Go Panthers

I hate Ribeiro. I honestly can't sit thru an entire soccer game because of all the diving, and Ribeiro is the king of the divers. They should trade him to Carolina, he'd fit right in.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:16 AM
CanadianPantherFan

I feel Max is not a good fit for us at all, and neither is Tanguay as evident this past season with TB.

Every team in the NHL. is going to make a bad signing here or there. Reino signing was not the worst thing in the world,especially early in the season when he led the club in pts. ALL teams are going to make bad veteran off-season signings here and there,do you expect the Panthers to be exempt from that??!

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
I hate Ribeiro. I honestly can't sit thru an entire soccer game because of all the diving, and Ribeiro is the king of the divers. They should trade him to Carolina, he'd fit right in.
That is a very good point. He's a disgusting diver, but man he's got some nasty skill and some crazy hands. He'd be our most skilled forward by about 25% over Horton. This team needs a massive skill infusion.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:06 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
That is a very good point. He's a disgusting diver, but man he's got some nasty skill and some crazy hands. He'd be our most skilled forward by about 25% over Horton. This team needs a massive skill infusion.
At the cost of having to watch a diver? I'm sure some fans would love it, but I'd probably end up finding a new team if we started diving.

Old
04-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Mike Ribeiro may be available by trade according to Matheson of the Edmonton Journal. He is signed for $5 million per season through 2012-13. He comes with a reputation as somewhat of a head case.
You've made the case right here for why the Panthers should not have any interest in him.

04-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
You've made the case right here for why the Panthers should not have any interest in him.
He's still a good hockey player. I have no opinion on whether or not we should get him though.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
He's still a good hockey player. I have no opinion on whether or not we should get him though.
So is Avery. Has he helped or hurt the teams he's played with, though, with his antics? Even his teammates often don't like him.

We Panther fans know how disruptive it can be when a player creates locker room issues and even off ice issues. Why invite more trouble?

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
So is Avery. Has he helped or hurt the teams he's played with, though, with his antics? Even his teammates often don't like him.

We Panther fans know how disruptive it can be when a player creates locker room issues and even off ice issues. Why invite more trouble?
Again, I'm neutral on the thought of getting Ribeiro.

Avery is great and I would've loved to get him. The Rangers record with him and without him is night and day.

Old
04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Again, I'm neutral on the thought of getting Ribeiro.

Avery is great and I would've loved to get him. The Rangers record with him and without him is night and day.
How'd he work out for the Stars? Pretty disappointing to know some fans would want to find room on our roster for scum like him. I guess that's why the NFL's as big as it is. Nobody cares about sportsmanship anymore.

Old
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
How'd he work out for the Stars? Pretty disappointing to know some fans would want to find room on our roster for scum like him. I guess that's why the NFL's as big as it is. Nobody cares about sportsmanship anymore.
And maybe he wouldn't work out for the Panthers, but I would be willing to give him a shot like the Stars did.

I care about winning and actually seeing the Panthers in a playoff game. He's a player everyone hates until he's on your team.

Old
04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
I can't watch soccer neither. Unless I got money on the game

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I can't watch soccer neither. Unless I got money on the game
I 3rd that one. I only watch basketball during the playoffs because of all the diving and flopping. With the rare exception of a Magic/Heat game here and there.

Old
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
And maybe he wouldn't work out for the Panthers, but I would be willing to give him a shot like the Stars did.

I care about winning and actually seeing the Panthers in a playoff game. He's a player everyone hates until he's on your team.
Great to see the integrity of a fellow Panthers fan. Screw winning if it means abandoning your values.

Old
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Nah, Avery's a player I just hate! And Kaleta, and Ruutu, and Cooke. The only one I can half stomach is Ott, and Duco. At least Duco hits and fights to get under the opposition's skin.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Great to see the integrity of a fellow Panthers fan. Screw winning if it means abandoning your values.
Get over yourself.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Hip to be Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
If ribeiro joined the panthers, he would be, by far, the most skilled player seen on the roster since pavel bure was in the lineup.

I would pay double the price of admission to go see ribeiro "dive" every night rather than go see this current panthers team for free.

But, worry not my friends. You'll never see him in a panthers jersey. This franchise has no tolerance for above-average skilled players.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:21 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I'm torn on whether the Panthers should go after him or not. I believe he was the player on the Habs in the playoffs years ago that made one of the biggest diving plays I've ever seen against the Bruins like he got knocked out by a giant tank and then got up like nothing happened five seconds later. I guess that ruined my thoughts of him overall, but yes he does have some good skill in this league that would be welcome to this team.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 01:15 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Get over yourself.
Yeah, I'm such an ass for not being a hypocrite. Can't wait until the next game against Carolina to see some of you guys complain about them diving.

I complain about it because I HATE diving. It's a ***** move. Period. It's disgraceful and goes against everything the general public believes about hockey players. Want to be a *****? Play soccer or basketball. I was under the impression men played in the NHL.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:32 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Yeah, I'm such an ass for not being a hypocrite. Can't wait until the next game against Carolina to see some of you guys complain about them diving.

I complain about it because I HATE diving. It's a ***** move. Period. It's disgraceful and goes against everything the general public believes about hockey players. Want to be a *****? Play soccer or basketball. I was under the impression men played in the NHL.
A bit OT, but it seems to me Carolina is diving less frequently since Laviolette was fired.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:21 AM
RoadDoggFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
A bit OT, but it seems to me Carolina is diving less frequently since Laviolette was fired.
That's cool. Haven't been able to watch many games lately but I'll take your word for it. Still hate the fans for being apologists for their players' diving.

Old
04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I would actually say that I agree. Wouldn't say they've stopped, but old habits die hard.