HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

If Martin coaches the Panthers?

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2004, 06:52 PM
pantherhockey

vCash: 500
If Martin coaches the Panthers?

Lets just say the following scenario happens:

Jacques Martin becomes the new coach of the Panthers, and Mike Keenan takes over behind the Sens bench. Would the following trade have a chance of happening, and if you were Muckler or Dudley, would you do it?

Olli Jokinen for Martin Havlat

Jokinen gets reunited with Keenan (he's probably the biggest reason Olli has busted out of his shell)
Havlat goes to a team where he won't be buried behind Alfi, Spezza, Bonk, Hossa.

Thoughts??

Old
05-04-2004, 06:57 PM
sensfan18

I think I can speak for John Muckler when I say no thanks. Havlat is just as good, makes less and is younger. No chance.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
I'd say Havlat has a lot more value than Jokinen. It helps out both teams with their situations but Havlat is just a better player and younger.

Old
05-04-2004, 09:10 PM
ErnestoGuevara

I don't think Martin was a big fan of offensive players like Havlat and that is why he proned a very defensive system... If he was going to bring a player form Ottawa it's be a two-way forward like Bonk , Vermette or Fisher....

Old
05-04-2004, 10:55 PM
StevieYdabest

Bonk for Jokinen. We all know how much Martin likes Bonk

Old
05-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Clash*

If a deal were to happen between Ottawa and Florida for the reason of Keenan and Martin in the respective cities, I can see Dudley lookin to get Fisher plus something in exchange for Jokinen. Not Bonk, as he's older than the mean age of guys Dudley acquires. Right now, Jokinen is the top line center and top option for Florida. He's the captain and best represents what this team is goin through right now. With that said, Stephen Weiss is possibly the captain of the future if Olli ever leaves, but Olli and Weiss should play a 1a/1b role as top line center in the future. Regardless of what Keenan may want, Olli proved this season he doesn't need Keenan around to succeed. Olli didn't put up the same numbers, but he may just be showin the bottom side of his post breakout average this season. The more the talent around him develops, the better his points will reflect it.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
jokinen, 2nd, huselinus i would guess pure value wise may do it. im not saying the actual players, just their acumulated value.

Closed Thread