HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comments from tampa fans

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2004, 09:06 AM
donelikedinner

vCash: 500
Comments from tampa fans

check out http://bolts.tbo.com/lightning/sound...soundoff.shtml

"What, me hate the scum-sucking, sub-human, bottom-feeding Philadelphia Flyers (and, those are the nicest things I can think of saying about them). Bolts fans beware: the Flyers will be at war. They are to sportsmanship what Attila the Hun was to humanitarianism. Primeau will try to take Khabibulin out, LeClair likes physical contact with much smaller players, and Brashear will see Marty St. Louis and Vinny Lecavalier as human bull's-eyes. Finally, the lower animal excrement that passes for Philadelphia Flyer fans makes those barbarian hoodlums on the ice look like decent guys by comparison. Be prepared for psychopaths at a street fight, get ready for the Circus Maximus: The Broad Street Bullies are heading to town. -- Mike Schwartz, Tampa"

jeez, is this guy a transplanted leaf or ranger fan?

Old
05-07-2004, 09:09 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I smell the beginnings of a rivalry

Old
05-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Dr Love

Let's not drag in what people at other boards say. And so what? We think one thing, they think another, the games will decide what happens.

Old
05-07-2004, 09:49 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

The whole page is full of these type of folks...... yes, the Bucs beat the Eagles - Ummm, just a little hint..... I know you're from Florida but psst -- this is a different sport!

I am going to assume that the idiots are in the minority, and that the bulk of Lightning fans are intelligent and reasonable.

Old
05-07-2004, 10:25 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
The Lightning fans are a little naive in my view. They think that regular season success will translate into the same in the postseason. When, in fact it's just the opposite. I was watching Daily News Live yesterday and they brought up this fact:

Of 12 teams that have met in the Conference Finals, in the regular season the team that swept the regular season series was knocked out 8 of 12 times. I can't remember the specific but the point was that the regular season series results don't mean jack.

However, some Tampa fans feel that it does and hence are making predictions of a sweep or win in 5. They don't think we have speed, we have less skill and Bulin is unbeatable. We have speed. We have a lot of skill, not just 3 or 4 guys like them. Lastly, if Brodeur is beatable along with Belfour, Bulin is definitely beatable. We have faced the best goalies in descending order:

Brodeur
Belfour
Khabibulin.

Nik isn't scaring me. He is horrible with puckhandling and he does have a tendency to self destruct.

TSN's assets & flaws of Bulin:

Assets: Plays an electrifying, acrobatic style that leaves fans on the edge of their seat. Has the ability to win games by himself. Can play a ton of minutes.

Flaws: His flopping, unpredictable style makes him vulnerable against teams that go to the net hard. Can experience difficulty with rebounds.

Gee, aren't we a team that goes to the net hard? I see trouble on the horizon for the Bulin wall. The Flyers love to sit in front of the goalie and just pop in the rebounds.

Old
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
To be fair, you should have given the other link too (which some of you could have some fun with)

Hate the Lightning?

They're apparently going to actually print some of these in the paper too. Have at it!

Old
05-07-2004, 02:58 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
TSN's assets & flaws of Bulin:

Assets: Plays an electrifying, acrobatic style that leaves fans on the edge of their seat. Has the ability to win games by himself. Can play a ton of minutes.

Flaws: His flopping, unpredictable style makes him vulnerable against teams that go to the net hard. Can experience difficulty with rebounds.
With all due respect, this is a horrible scouting report on Khabibulin. Whoever wrote this must not have seen Khabi play since he was in Winnipeg. His style is anything but "acrobatic" and the guy hasn't "flopped" once in three years in Tampa (even when maybe he should have). Khabibulin plays a very economical butterfly style that's completely predicated on positioning, playing the angles and quick lateral movement. His weaknesses this regular season were tentativeness (staying too deep in his crease), inconsistency (mostly with rebounds), mediocre puck-handling skills and a tendency to get beat high glove-side. In the playoffs thus far, he's erased all these problems.

Teams that go to the net hard give all NHL netminders trouble, not just Khabibulin. But he sees the puck fairly well through traffic, and his defensemen do a great job of blocking perimeter shots, so even that isn't a foolproof strategy.

I'm not saying the Flyers can't solve Khabibulin (they sure did fine against Brodeur and Belfour), I'm just saying you should take this particular scouting report with a grain of salt. It's almost completely off-base.

Old
05-07-2004, 03:25 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
With all due respect, this is a horrible scouting report on Khabibulin. Whoever wrote this must not have seen Khabi play since he was in Winnipeg. His style is anything but "acrobatic" and the guy hasn't "flopped" once in three years in Tampa (even when maybe he should have). Khabibulin plays a very economical butterfly style that's completely predicated on positioning, playing the angles and quick lateral movement. His weaknesses this regular season were tentativeness (staying too deep in his crease), inconsistency (mostly with rebounds), mediocre puck-handling skills and a tendency to get beat high glove-side. In the playoffs thus far, he's erased all these problems.

Teams that go to the net hard give all NHL netminders trouble, not just Khabibulin. But he sees the puck fairly well through traffic, and his defensemen do a great job of blocking perimeter shots, so even that isn't a foolproof strategy.

I'm not saying the Flyers can't solve Khabibulin (they sure did fine against Brodeur and Belfour), I'm just saying you should take this particular scouting report with a grain of salt. It's almost completely off-base.
you can be quite sure that the flyers don't read the papers to find out what another teams player is all about. thats why teams have scouting staff, they make their own decisions.

Old
05-07-2004, 04:04 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
you can be quite sure that the flyers don't read the papers to find out what another teams player is all about. thats why teams have scouting staff, they make their own decisions.
Where did I say the Flyers players were reading newspapers?

Closed Thread