HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

we keep JD and DD

View Poll Results: Will DD get claimed off waivers?
yes 9 25.00%
no 27 75.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2010, 12:18 PM
oilers4life5

vCash: 500
we keep JD and DD

With our team in a young rebuild is their any chance we could trade Habby to one of hose teams who really need a starting goalie. We could even include a young player in the deal or take back some salary. I think moving forward with both JD and DD is a great idea as if we send one down they will be gone 4 sure. Think of our goalie future as JDD,DD,Roy,Rynnas. That would set us up well. The teams that might have some interest would be atl,clb,fla,phi,stl,was. I know we would have to include something good with him and take back some salary but that I think would be worth it. Your thoughts or possible trade ideas.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
RNHall

interesting idea, i wouldn't mind doing it since we are in a rebuild but i wouldn't want to have to take too much back in the way of waste.

RNHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Who would take Habby though? Not the Hawks, I wouldn't think.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:27 PM
JonQuixote

Nobody would take Khabby.

That's no reason to keep him on the roster though, at least at the expense of one of our young goalies.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:28 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Doubt anyone would be interested in him. But if the rumors are true about Florida being serious about trading Vokoun, maybe something around Olesz and Khabibulin. Maybe to Philly with something around him and Hartnell. Still doubtful that any team would want him.

tv14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:32 PM
copperandblue897

No one touches that contract. Would have to add too much to sweeten the deal for someone to take him.

I hate the idea of losing one. Especially considering the long time to develop both. To see one move on and have success in another organization would be tough.

copperandblue897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Eytinge

No one, I repeat NO ONE puts a claim on Dubynk. He clears waivers every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:26 PM
oilers4life5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
No one, I repeat NO ONE puts a claim on Dubynk. He clears waivers every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Posted via Mobile Device
There is no way he clears waivers, More than one team would take him 4sure, I think we should make a poll and see what others think

Old
04-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
There is no way he clears waivers, More than one team would take him 4sure, I think we should make a poll and see what others think
The team that claims Dubnyk has to keep him on the NHL roster for the entire season.

04-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Basically this. Dubnyk has played basically the whole year in the nhl. He has proven he can't stop nhl shooters. He just can't. Nobody is using a roster spot on him. He's being waived. You can take that to the bank.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:41 PM
oilers4life5

I hope you guys are right but i can see a team with a solid starter that plays 65-70 games take a chance on him and he would not have a ton of pressure and get lots of nhl practice. I think long term he will be better than JDD

Old
04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
I hope you guys are right but i can see a team with a solid starter that plays 65-70 games take a chance on him and he would not have a ton of pressure and get lots of nhl practice. I think long term he will be better than JDD
What would be the point? He wouldn't develop so claiming him on waivers to put him in that situation basically has zero chance of a payoff.

Old
04-04-2010, 04:58 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
The oilers have three unmovable players--Habby, HOrcoff and Souray

a three head monster next year will not work

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post

a three head monster next year will not work
I think I heard Rishaug say that Souray was gone on deadline day but news of the infection came out and they had to call off the deal.

Old
04-04-2010, 05:29 PM
ChrisPerish86

Quote:
Souray would have been a Ranger if he was not forced to miss the rest of the year with his hand injury. I would say he is unmovable because if it wasn't for the hand injury Oilers trade Souray and not Visnovsky.

ChrisPerish86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 05:44 PM
JonQuixote

Souray is definitely movable. In fact, I don't want to trade him unless he really wants out (or is a dressing room problem).

I think he'll have a really strong year next year. But a 15-20 goal defenseman who plays physical, in his early/mid 30s with 2 seasons left on a front-loaded market-value deal?

He's easily traded. Especially in the off-season. Perhaps not to every team, and we'd have to take some salary back, to be sure. But heck yeah, he can move.

Really though, I'd hang onto him this year, hope he has a strong rebound and then see what the market is at the trade deadline.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

In 3 FULL season with the oilers Souray if healthy would have played in 246 games he has only played in 144 missing 102 games in 3 years. The latest injury he had hurt his tradability a lot more. Souray is fragile and at 5.4mill cap hit or 10.8 for the last 2 years on his deal--unless we are taking atlaest that much back in the deal--I do not see many teams gamblig on Souray

back to the goalies

The three headed goalie option is not a good one and should be avoided like the plague

Old
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
With our team in a young rebuild is their any chance we could trade Habby to one of hose teams who really need a starting goalie. We could even include a young player in the deal or take back some salary. I think moving forward with both JD and DD is a great idea as if we send one down they will be gone 4 sure. Think of our goalie future as JDD,DD,Roy,Rynnas. That would set us up well. The teams that might have some interest would be atl,clb,fla,phi,stl,was. I know we would have to include something good with him and take back some salary but that I think would be worth it. Your thoughts or possible trade ideas.
Khabi is untradeable, bottom line.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
deanmoriarty

Proposal: Send these kids back to the AHL where they belong and trade for Halak.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post
Souray is definitely movable. In fact, I don't want to trade him unless he really wants out (or is a dressing room problem).

I think he'll have a really strong year next year. But a 15-20 goal defenseman who plays physical, in his early/mid 30s with 2 seasons left on a front-loaded market-value deal?

He's easily traded. Especially in the off-season. Perhaps not to every team, and we'd have to take some salary back, to be sure. But heck yeah, he can move.

Really though, I'd hang onto him this year, hope he has a strong rebound and then see what the market is at the trade deadline.
I think Souray to ANA makes a lot of sense of Neids retires. You might even get away with not having to take a load of salary in return.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Asher

Quote:
I feel pretty confident insaying no one take DD. Remember, any team that does take him will be forced to keep him on their 23 man roster. Has DD done enough for any team to purposely keep a spot open for him? I say absolutely not. Maybe one day he'll become the goaltender you are projecting DD to be, but that isn't what he is right now. At this point DD is not even an adequate backup.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Perfect_Drug

If anyone thinks Dubnyk would be claimed, please name the team, and the NHL roster goalie that he would be replacing.

:/

I ask this everytime this stupid thread comes up, and not a single name or team is ever mentioned.

HE HAS to be on the NHL roster. He CAN NOT Be sent down to the AHL.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
If anyone thinks Dubnyk would be claimed, please name the team, and the NHL roster goalie that he would be replacing.

:/

I ask this everytime this stupid thread comes up, and not a single name or team is ever mentioned.

HE HAS to be on the NHL roster. He CAN NOT Be sent down to the AHL.
I can only think of two teams that would even consider picking him up. Anaheim (McElhinney) and New Jersey (Dannis).

But I also think he would clear.

tv14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
In 3 FULL season with the oilers Souray if healthy would have played in 246 games he has only played in 144 missing 102 games in 3 years. The latest injury he had hurt his tradability a lot more. Souray is fragile and at 5.4mill cap hit or 10.8 for the last 2 years on his deal--unless we are taking atlaest that much back in the deal--I do not see many teams gamblig on Souray

back to the goalies

The three headed goalie option is not a good one and should be avoided like the plague
Except the deal was going down when Souray was injured. The only reason it didn't take place was because of an infection related to the surgery. I don't see how it changes anybodies mind. Souray is definitely tradeable imo and even if he's not I'm not really sure I care. He's only got 2 years left anyways.

And back on topic I would love to see a poll on whether or not Dubnyk would get claimed. I'd be willing to bet nobody would vote that he would.

Old
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I can only think of two teams that would even consider picking him up. Anaheim (McElhinney) and New Jersey (Dannis).

But I also think he would clear.
Vancouver? if they trade Scheider
Flames
Phoenix

how many teams have a good back up?

Philly and Detroit will be taking a long look at their goalies in the off season