HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

chickenman's mock draft, april 4th

Old
04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Ian Esplen

vCash: 500
chickenman's mock draft, april 4th

based on april 4th standings

1- Edmonton Oilers- Tyler Seguin C 6”1 186 Plymouth- I think Hall is a bit better but the oilers have been looking for a centre for Hemsky for years and seguin fits that perfectly.

2- Boston Bruins (from tor)- Taylor Hall LW 6"1 185 Windsor- imo the best player in the draft. so much speed and skill. will give the lowest scoring team in the league a boost

3- Tampa Bay Lightning- Cam Fowler D 6"2 190 Windsor- great skater with a ton of skill, will make a great pp unit with hedman for years to come

4- Florida Panthers- Brandon Gormley D 6"2 190 Moncton- imo the best D in the draft and his speed, skill and poise will have panthers fans saying jay who

5- Carolina Hurricanes- Brett Connolly C 6"2 181 Prince George- canes like taking forwards out of the west and despite the injuries connolly is still the best in the west

6- New York Islanders- Erik Gudbranson D 6”3 199 Kingston- Big, Physical D who's a great leader. Good skater with a great shot. will be a great partner to De Haan in a few years running the PP

7- Columbus Blue Jackets- Riley Sheahan C 6"2 195 Notre Dame- bpa, size skill and a very solid 2-way game. can play wing or centre. has been compaired to jeff carter

8- Minnesota Wild- Vladimir Tarasenko F 6"0 190 Sibir Novosibirsk- a little bit of a risk but maybe the most nhl ready player in the draft. the wild wanna get a away from their D first type team a tarasenko helps with that

9- Atlanta Thrashers- Nino Niederreiter LW 6"2 203 Portland- pure sniper who love being the centre of attention, proved at the world jr's he can step up when his team needs him.

10- New York Rangers- Kirill Kabanov LW 6"2 175 Moncton- The rangers need scoring and Kabanov will help with that. Kabanov will like the a attention of the big apple.

11- Anaheim Ducks (from phi)- John McFarland C 6"1 195 Sudbury- maybe the best pure talent in the draft. with 2 first rd picks the ducks can take a chance with him. plays a ducks type of game with an edge to his game. great speed and skill, can take over games when he wants too

12- Dallas Stars- Derek Forbort D 6"4 195 USDP- big smooth skating D who seems to make the right desision every time. could be the #1 D dallas has been looking for since zubov

13- Boston Bruins- Jon Merrill D 6"3 205 USDP- big, mean physical D who can do it all. will provide offence from the back end

14- St Louis Blues- Jack Campbell G 6"1 171 USDP- best goalie in the draft and i'm not sure their completly sold on allen

15- Anaheim Ducks- Mark Pysyk D 6"1 175 Edmonton- after gambling a bit on macfarland the ducks take a safe, solid smooth skating D in Pysyk who should be a top 4 one day

16- Montréal Canadiens- Austin Watson RW 6"3 177 Peterbrough- exactly what the canadiens need a big physical player with speed and heart who can play PP or PK

17- Phoenix Coyotes (from cal)- Nick Bjugstad C 6"4 185 Blaine High- Big centre who is a great pure athlete.

18- Colorado Avalanche- Mikael Granlund C 5”10 172- av's have their #1 centre in duchene and a #3 centre in o'reilly, granlund would make a great #2 centre. bpa, good solid all around centre who plays like koivu

19- Ottawa Senators- Jeff Skinner C 5”10 197 Kitchner- smarts and skill, it takes skill to get 50 goals in the ohl. bpa

20- Los Angeles Kings- Beau Bennett C 6"1 180 Penticton- local kid who will need a couple years of college to work on his play in his own end but has unreal skill right now

21- Detroit Red Wings- Alexander Burmistrov C 6"0 170 Barrie- bpa, has very good speed and skill but needs to go to the dirty areas more

22- Buffalo Sabres-Jordan Weal C 5"9 165 Regina- Sabres have never been scared off by same players. weal has all world skill and is starting to go to the dirty area's more.

23- Pittsburgh Penguins-Emerson Etem C 6"0 195 Medicine Hat- A pure snipper with speed who knows how to finish, a great winger for crosby or malkin

24- Atlanta Thrashers (from NJ)- Calvin Pickard G 6”0 200 Seattle- a big solid goalie who should be ready to start in 4 or 5 years

25- Nashville Predators- Quinton Howden LW 6"3 183 Moose Jaw- the preds love picking out of the whl and howden has size speed and skill to be a good one

26- Vancouver Canucks- Calle Jarnkrok C 5”10 154 Brynas IF - Very tallented swed who can play centre or wing. has a ton of skill and smarts and is close to nhl ready.

27- Phoenix Coyotes- Dlyan McIlrath, D 6"5 215 Moose Jaw- big physical D with a big shot, imo needs to work on his skating

28- Chicago Blackhawks- Tyler Pitlick RW 6"1 190 Mankato State- very solid around winger fpr the hawks

29- San Jose Sharks- Greg McKegg C 6”0 185 Erie- had an outstanding 2nd half of his season, lots of skill and he knows how to score

30- Washington Capital- Tyler Toffoli RW 6”0 181 Ottawa- bpa, has excellent skill just needs to be more consistant

Last edited by Ian Esplen: 04-05-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Ian Esplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Ian Esplen

what do people think?

Old
04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman92 View Post
what do people think?
Until Columbus gets a draft pick I think it sucks.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Ian Esplen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Until Columbus gets a draft pick I think it sucks.
thanks for pointing that out, i'll fix it

Old
04-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Kman277

Chickenmans Mock

Good job ChickenMan. I always look forward for your Mock Draft. Especially when you do your 3 rd Mocks. I like this one. My feeling is Kabanov will drop a little further down, though Bos having 2 picks, makes sense. D.Kulikov fell to 14th Overall & K.Petrov fell to the 3rd rd. Kabanov's Russian attitude/transfer agreement will make him very hard to take in the first 20 picks. I think he'll fall to the Red Wings. Also I think Hall will go #1 to Edmonton. Other than that I very much like your Mock Draft.

Kman277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:41 AM
KingsFan323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman277 View Post
Good job ChickenMan. I always look forward for your Mock Draft. Especially when you do your 3 rd Mocks. I like this one. My feeling is Kabanov will drop a little further down, though Bos having 2 picks, makes sense. D.Kulikov fell to 14th Overall & K.Petrov fell to the 3rd rd. Kabanov's Russian attitude/transfer agreement will make him very hard to take in the first 20 picks. I think he'll fall to the Red Wings. Also I think Hall will go #1 to Edmonton. Other than that I very much like your Mock Draft.
Kabanov plays in NA already... I think he would fall not because of the Russian factor but because he's had an injury plagued year and there are question marks about his immature character. However on the ice, nothing bad can be said about him, top 5 talent. I hope the Kings get him, but knowing DL I think there's really no chance Lombardi would pick him.

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
nucks2win

vCash: 50
Really surprised to see McFarland so high. I rarely get to see him, but almost everything I've heard trends towards the negative with him.

Appreciate the work put into this.

nucks2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
esn2500

Good stuff, It'll be interesting to see how many of these first round picks can play in the NHL immediately.

esn2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

vCash: 50
Awards:
I think I'll put my fist through my TV if the Canes draft Connolly. This kid just has so many red flags with his injury history that I don't think it's worth taking him in the top 10 with Hall, Seguin, Fowler, Gormley, Gudbranson, Tarasenko, Granlund, Sheahan, Fobort and Nino out there.

But that said, I could still easily see them making this pick. It just fits the JR draft pattern to a T and he'll do it if he thinks that Connolly's injury history is a non-factor.

Last edited by DaveG: 04-09-2010 at 08:40 AM.
DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Frenzy1
Christ Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman92 View Post
thanks for pointing that out, i'll fix it
That is an interesting list. I do have a couple of things to point out:

1. you forgot Ryan Johansen - he should go top 15.

2. I think the Blues, if they do take Campbell, will trade out of the top 15 to later in the 1st round. Both goalies should be available in the 25- 30 range.

Alternatives for the Blues would be Bjugstad - we have a good scout that follows Minn hockey (see Oshie). I could also see them taking Johansen, Skinner, or Watson.

Just my toughts. I cant wait until the draft - kind of like Xmas for us fans.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
NYR Viper

Overall I dont think its horrible. I dont see Burmistrov dropping that far as he is already in NA and playing well in juniors on the smaller ice surface. Tarasenko and Kabanov I could see falling further and Johansen I think needs to be in the top-15. But those are just my opinions. Good job putting in all the work to do this though!

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:01 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Not so sure about the Kings drafting Bennett with Etem and Howden still on the board. Pretty good mock nonetheless.

Also, you might have forgotten a little somebody called Paul Stastny from Colorado in your explanation of the Granlund pick.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
mike8219

Sabres are looking for more size
. Ryan Johansen

mike8219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

I think Burmistrov is going to go sooner, same with Skinner.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Joey13

Good job. I also look forward to the 3 round mock.

Would concur with others that have Skinner going higher.

Looks like someone mentioned Paul Stastny. I think the AVS go BPA - but they really need wingers.

Also, can't see the Thrashers taking a keeper after the failed Lehtonen experiment, and then trading him and keeping Pavelec and Hedberg.

Joey13 is offline   Reply With Quote