Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Bolland + Kris Versteeg

Old
05-12-2010, 12:26 AM
djp4516

vCash: 500
David Bolland + Kris Versteeg

Make it happen, Chuck.. I want both these guys on the Wild badly. Bolland is the absolute perfect center in between Havlat and Latendresse, Versteeg can start on line 3 and possibly move his way up if he continues to develop offensively.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 12:36 AM
State of Hockey

How about not. Bolland has a horrible contract (2nd-line pay for 3rd-line production), and Versteeg's isn't above fair. We would have a hard time taking on just one of those salaries.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 05:26 PM
djp4516

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
How about not. Bolland has a horrible contract (2nd-line pay for 3rd-line production), and Versteeg's isn't above fair. We would have a hard time taking on just one of those salaries.
Bolland is a 3rd line center? Maybe now, but he's only 23 years old. The contract isn't great, but he's clearly developing and already has established a connection with Havlat in the past. He can skate, he plays both ways, and we should be able to get him for a nice price considering his back injury + the Hawks cap situation. Chicago fans think extremely high of him, and I don't think it's farfetched to expect 65-70 points from Bolland in between Havlat and Latendresse.

Ok, Versteeg is being greedy, but I just like the way he plays. Great PKer, plug and play type guy. He's also only 24 with goal scoring touch, something this team doesn't really have. Plus, he's got a little cockiness to him. Probably not needed if PMB ever returns to form (which it appears, is doubtful)

I may just be too far onto the Hawks bandwagon, but I've been following these guys for awhile now and they're just my type of players. I dunno. That Bouchard albatross is really grinding my gears now.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
State of Hockey

I don't see enough talent in Bolland's game to expect a rise to good 2nd-line center status. I see a poor 2nd-line center, great 3rd-line center as his ceiling. IMO, he benefited from chemistry with Havlat last year, and this year (aside from his injury), he clearly isn't on the level of Sharp, a nice 2nd-line player.

I'd rather have Versteeg, but his money will be hard to fit, and we don't have the assets to give away right now.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote