HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Thread About Nothing (Part 49)

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
finished Archer.
You don't finish Archer, Archer finishes you.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:26 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Seriously, I mean, I don't want to sound like a jerk but that Frambois chick must have been a prostitute before she got this gig, in like Bangkok, I was almost embarrassed for her. Is there a shower down there? 'Cause I bet I must reek of her. You gettin' that? I'm brushing that your way Barry.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Well he's not coming back. That chick is like, the Pele of anal.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:48 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Ahead of his time.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:06 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post

Ahead of his time.
im ashamed to admit it, but if he was given a highly incentive based salary of one million a year, i wouldnt be against him as a 3rd line center. not ever happening though. ive always had a secret soft spot for that incredibly frustrating and enigmatic russian since his senator days. hes got so much talent, i just dont get wtf his deal is in not using it consistently over here. oh well, sucks for him.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:08 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Nice, I got a 2 foot chocolate bunny for easter.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:12 PM
EliasFTW

I ****ing hate wireless routers. I spent the better part of my morning trying to set one up and i cant get the damn security and wireless internet at the same time. I am just going to leave it unlocked like everyone else on the street.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:14 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
I ****ing hate wireless routers. I spent the better part of my morning trying to set one up and i cant get the damn security and wireless internet at the same time. I am just going to leave it unlocked like everyone else on the street.
yeah, having the security can **** everything it goes bad. usually unplugging it and then plugging it back in will do the trick.

anyway

Sundays are great when a) the Devils won the previous night, b) I'm being taken out to dinner, c) I'll be having dessert at home, d) LIFE, e) no work on Monday.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:24 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
Its not that hard, which router you using? I mean once you put security code in it should do it automatically. Are you doing it on the same computer you use? If you saw what I had to do you wouldn't hate what you had to do so much .

Edit: Now Vonage wireless is a pain in the ass to setup. My mother switch without telling me so of course she listened to the Vonage person who had no clue what they were doing.

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 04-04-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old
04-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
In my Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it, I'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.
My buddy and I sing that jokingly because of the time I went to his house and his dad had it blasting. Too funny.

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a boner in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Old
04-04-2010, 01:07 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
In my Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it, I'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155552

Fantastic episode.

Old
04-04-2010, 02:14 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Well he's not coming back. That chick is like, the Pele of anal.
The quote of the series.

Old
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
The quote of the series.
My favourite is from Woodhouse:

"Sir, that stolen lemur bit one of your prostitutes right in the face, and she says she can't go to a hospital because she's quote, 'tripping balls'."

Old
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Hey Yak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
So Yak, what did you think of Haye today? And how does he look in comparison to Adamek?

I wasn't too impressed with Haye really...

Old
04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Hey Yak...
I didn't get to see the fight. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually.

I did, however, watch Hopkins/RJJ II. Pretty predictable. Neither of them did much, neither were willing to take risks (for Hopkins, that's pretty much his style... for RJJ, it's an issue of having a shot chin)... The most significant shots were illegal blows.

Old
04-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

I heard the BHop fight was a joke sort of.

Anyways, if you get to watch the Haye fight, tell me wwhat you think. Adamek-Arreola is on April 24th. I can't wait.

Old
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

Quote:
I heard the BHop fight was a joke sort of.

Anyways, if you get to watch the Haye fight, tell me wwhat you think. Adamek-Arreola is on April 24th. I can't wait.
There is only one interesting fight worth watching in boxing, and Mayweather is too much of a ****ing vagina to do it.

Old
04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveof666 View Post
There is only one interesting fight worth watching in boxing, and Mayweather is too much of a ****ing vagina to do it.
Well I'm a big fan of Adamek so I can't wait for this one but, you're right. Pac vs. Floyd would be epic.

Old
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveof666 View Post
Disagree.

Mayweather fights Mosley (who decimated Margarito in his last fight) on May 1st. Mosley is very dangerous.

Hozumi Hasegawa, the #1 ranked Bantamweight, is facing #3 Fernando Montiel on April 30th. Should be a great fight. Hasegawa is super quick, has a knockout left straight reminiscent of Pacquiao when he fought in lower classes, but also has really well-rounded technical skills.

Then you've got a ton of fights from Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic, which is a super middleweight tournament between Arthur Abraham, Carl Froch, Andre Dirrell, Mikkel Kessler, Andre Ward, and Allan Green (originally Jermain Taylor, but he got brutally KO'd in his first two fights of the tournament so he's taking a break from boxing). The next fight is Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler sometime later in April.

Margarito is coming back soon, Cotto will likely have a fight being announced soon, Edwin Valero needs to get one scheduled, and there are some really promising prospects like Guillermo Rigondeaux (2000 & 2004 Olympic Gold Medal Bantamweight, 5-0 in the pro's), Matvey Korobov (2005 & 2007 World Amateur Championships Gold Medalist Welterweight, 10-0 in the pro's) and Erislandy Lara (2005 World Amateur Championships Gold Medalist Welterweight, 11-0 in the pro's)...

Old
04-04-2010, 03:57 PM
fortheloveof666
Resident soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Disagree.

Mayweather fights Mosley (who decimated Margarito in his last fight) on May 1st. Mosley is very dangerous.

Hozumi Hasegawa, the #1 ranked Bantamweight, is facing #3 Fernando Montiel on April 30th. Should be a great fight. Hasegawa is super quick, has a knockout left straight reminiscent of Pacquiao when he fought in lower classes, but also has really well-rounded technical skills.

Then you've got a ton of fights from Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic, which is a super middleweight tournament between Arthur Abraham, Carl Froch, Andre Dirrell, Mikkel Kessler, Andre Ward, and Allan Green (originally Jermain Taylor, but he got brutally KO'd in his first two fights of the tournament so he's taking a break from boxing). The next fight is Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler sometime later in April.

Margarito is coming back soon, Cotto will likely have a fight being announced soon, Edwin Valero needs to get one scheduled, and there are some really promising prospects like Guillermo Rigondeaux (2000 & 2004 Olympic Gold Medal Bantamweight, 5-0 in the pro's), Matvey Korobov (2005 & 2007 World Amateur Championships Gold Medalist Welterweight, 10-0 in the pro's) and Erislandy Lara (2005 World Amateur Championships Gold Medalist Welterweight, 11-0 in the pro's)...
That super six thing isn't the least bit interesting to me and I really don't care much for the lighter weights in boxing.

I like big fights, personally. I think the allure of the hype makes them more exciting because boxing these days is terribly bland unless you truly enjoy the technical aspects of the sport. For instance, Pacquiao had a pretty dominant performance against Clottey a few weeks ago, but why in the **** would I want to pay that kind of money to watch one guy throw 1200+ punches, connect a pretty damn low percentage and his opponent throw a mere 200 and predominantly block for an entire fight?

Boxing just isn't what it used to be anymore, to me.

And the same can be said on the MMA side, but it does have the benefit of still managing to put together some exciting fights when it does get stale. I think Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin is going to be an explosive fight. Hendo vs. Shields is a great match up because they just about cancel each other out besides Hendo's beast right hand.

I also think Evans vs. Rampage is going to be a pretty big fight because I honestly believe they greatly dislike one another as well as the rightful rematch between Shogun and Machida (which I think Shogun won).

I just think MMA has a lot more going for it right now in terms of depth (not to mention the obvious regularity of guys fighting). But there are some stale matchups like Anderson Silva vs. Maia and BJ Penn vs. Frankie Edgar. Edgar is a good fighter and I love a hometown underdog, but his boxing will not touch BJ's nor will his ground game. I can't imagine it even making it past the 2nd round. And Maia is sick at BJJ, but there isn't a chance in ****ing hell he'll ever get the chance to implement it against a talent like Silva.

I digress a bit, but right now boxing has little to give for someone like me beyond that one fight. I may watch Mosley vs. Mayweather, but who knows, because it gets boring watching him backup all fight, counter punch and act like a ****ing hot shot.

Old
04-04-2010, 03:58 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Why do you act so immature?

...I'm 19...

Old
04-04-2010, 04:20 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

It's just you and me now Reggie, be a lad, put on some Mingus.

Old
04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
EliasFTW

Do you not hear that? That's Puttin' on the Ritz man.

Old
04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

:bark:

Thank you Abilard.

Old
04-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

April is gonna be a sick month. Playoffs, NFL Draft, more and more South Park, The Pacific.

Closed Thread