Notices

Game 80 : Thrashers vs Devils - Do or Die

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2010, 08:56 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
Pavs hasn't merrited to even be a backup in this league. Send Pavs down untill he actually shows a sign that he has potential.

Thrashers win 8-2

Old
04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post

I won't boo Kovy because it was Don Waddell that put the negotiations in the public arena so that he could control the spin and change attitudes in his favor. Why didn't Waddell just let it go and announce the trade? Same with Hossa deal. He wanted to save himself in the end. Blame the players!

Waddell is a public relations master if nothing else. He wants most to save his own jorb and he was willing to hang Kovalchuk out there, just like he turned STH's on Marc Savard when he couldn't keep him here. Waddell walked the arena and spoke to anyone about how Savard was "never going to stay" instead of just saying, we couldn't sign him. It's all in how you couch the comments and Waddell knows the salesmanship game.

Why is it that no one from Mellanby (who was incensenced when he left), to Ray Ferraro (never a kind word about the franchise), Steve Staios, to Andrew Brunette, to Bob Hartley, Brad McCrimmon, to Heatley, Hossa, Savard, Kovalchuk, Colby Armstrong, Kubina, and anyone else I missed out......oh ya, all of the Atlanta Flames alumni who felt left out of any public relations possibilities since Waddell decided that "hockey came to Atlanta in 1999" (watch the arena opening, it says it right there).

None of them said anything nice about the franchise management once they left. How many players openly bash management and survive? Bobby Holik? Slava Kozlov? At least they voiced an opinion of the obvious.

Every one of the above had to deal with Waddell and his infrastucture. Waddell is killing the NHL in Atlanta, not helping.

I will cheer Kovalchuck upon intros and warm-ups like the reception Exelby got. I will join in any FIRE WADDELL chants.

Last edited by Shameus: 04-06-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Deletion of inflamatory rant/QDP
Old
04-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Aaronxxx

so you're going to cheer if kovy scores? smh.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

maybe he'll score a hat trick and we'll all throw hats. Who gives a crap. If it embarrasses Atlanta Sputum enough to raize the management at the end of the season, I'll dance naked in the aisles.

Is that enough to let everyone know that 1000000% I am sick and tired of the Don Waddell shamfest??? That's my bottom line.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Ashe

Let's give kovy the respect he earned here. Leave him out of this guys. We all know he's coming, he's just another player tonight. Let's exploit his flaws tonight and take this game

Old
04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
People better be booing the hell out of him. Bottom line is he's on the other team. BOO HIM. I Laugh at the "morons and ****** bags" label for people that boo him. That is so moronic. He deserves it just like anyone else that walks into our house with an opposing jersey on.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:54 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
I won't boo Kovy because it was Don Waddell that put the negotiations in the public arena so that he could control the spin and change attitudes in his favor. Why didn't Waddell just let it go and announce the trade? Same with Hossa deal. He wanted to save himself in the end. Blame the players
I am no Waddell fan or apologist, but Kovalchuk is just as culpable for this situation. If he didn't want to stay, he could have made that clear earlier. He didn't have to entertain offers from the franchise. He didn't have to continue to say, even up to the last moment, that maybe a deal would get done. Kovalchuk spun the media and played the fans just as much as Waddell did.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Aaronxxx

i don't care if yahweh himself is playing, i will never cheer for anyone playing against my home team. you guys are ridiculous. no wonder atlanta is the laughing stock of pro sports fans.

leave management, contracts, and everything else aside. kovy isn't on this team anymore. treat him as such. i'll applaud during intros. i'll even applaud if he gets the fist star tonight. but for those 60 minutes in between, he and i ain't friends.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
i don't care if yahweh himself is playing, i will never cheer for anyone playing against my home team. you guys are ridiculous. no wonder atlanta is the laughing stock of pro sports fans.

leave management, contracts, and everything else aside. kovy isn't on this team anymore. treat him as such.
QFT!

Kovy isn't a Thrasher. I only cheer for Thrashers. Regardless of what he did for the franchise when he was here, when the puck drops he'll be wearing the wrong colored jersey.

Old
04-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Shameus

Quote:

leave management, contracts, and everything else aside. kovy isn't on this team anymore. treat him as such. i'll applaud during intros. i'll even applaud if he gets the fist star tonight. but for those 60 minutes in between, he and i ain't friends.
A shorter version of my rant, but this. My rant and feelings has nothing to do with management and contracts and ownership or he said/he said crap. It only has to do with Kovy is an opposing player and should be treated as such, that is all.

Old
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
FrenchKheldar

Not sure what you guys are smoking and what kind of fans you think there are in Atlanta. Of course we should cheer for Kovalchuk before the game as a thank you for the hockey he gave us for 8 years. Then during the game, he's just (almost) like another Devil. Don't know if any of you saw Barcelona-Arsenal last week, but the kind of cheer the Arsenal fans gave to Thierry Henry would honor this fanhood. Like other posters, I expect morons who know nothing about the spirit of hockey to boo en masse. I respectfully flip the bird at them

Old
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I'll be there but anybody booing around me had best beware. I can't fault anybody for wanting out of this mess.

Since we played well the last two games and since they're home now, I expect the team will phone this one in. Should be an easy night for El Diablo.
I think most rational fans agree that the situation on this hockey club is poor, but lets not forget that he said in EVERY interview and supposedly every negotiation that he loved Atlanta and wanted to stay. That was a total lie. If he thought this was a mess, then say so and be gone.

I agree with the rest...he gets one "thank you for being our former and only star" applause at the start, and booed from then on.

Last edited by AtlantaWhaler: 04-06-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Aaronxxx

i hope the team feels the same way and don't hesitate to bury him into the glass or ice if they have the opening. i think slater would step up. maybe arty, since he has no previous ties with kovy. we'll see.

Old
04-06-2010, 11:41 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

moot points all of them because the only people who can put their actions where their mouths are, are the ones that show up. Last I've seen there's only me and about 9 or 10,000 others out at the arena and the rest of you just jaw on the boards about
"what's right and what's wrong."

So, sorry I won't be talking to youse guys during the game tonight, I'll be joining my band of merry makers down at Philips Arena where the atmosphere will guide itself.

One day we may have a real-live viable NHL franchise that fans show up to cheer for.

I'm guessing tonight, once again, there will be more visiting team fans than Atlanta fans. What a shame, but it keeps the "hope alive" that being subsidized by the visitors gives the owners more time to house a hockey team here.

Flame me if you want, but unless you have been down there to experience it year after year, seeing the pre and post game activity, seeing the stuff you don't see on tv, you just don't have a grasp on it, like it or not, great hockey mind or not, Jaboo Warrior or not, lifetime nursemaid to Gretzky, Howe, and Lester Patrick as you may be......

Old
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
netminder17

Don't boo Kovy, there's no reason too. I'll cheer him before the game, and after the game. But during the game, I'll hope his lack of defense causes some goals to go in for the good guys!

Old
04-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
moot points all of them because the only people who can put their actions where their mouths are, are the ones that show up. Last I've seen there's only me and about 9 or 10,000 others out at the arena and the rest of you just jaw on the boards about
"what's right and what's wrong."

So, sorry I won't be talking to youse guys during the game tonight, I'll be joining my band of merry makers down at Philips Arena where the atmosphere will guide itself.

One day we may have a real-live viable NHL franchise that fans show up to cheer for.

I'm guessing tonight, once again, there will be more visiting team fans than Atlanta fans. What a shame, but it keeps the "hope alive" that being subsidized by the visitors gives the owners more time to house a hockey team here.

Flame me if you want, but unless you have been down there to experience it year after year, seeing the pre and post game activity, seeing the stuff you don't see on tv, you just don't have a grasp on it, like it or not, great hockey mind or not, Jaboo Warrior or not, lifetime nursemaid to Gretzky, Howe, and Lester Patrick as you may be......
I will flame you. You say b/c we are not there, we can not have an opinion. I have been to quite a lot of games over the years and have seen a bunch of damn losses. I was a season ticket holder but did not renew for financial reasons this year. I have still been to quite a few games. You really have no right to get on us b/c we are not as fortunate as you. I wish I could go to every game. Some of the people on this board do not even live here. I hope you and your high horse have a good time tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
People better be booing the hell out of him. Bottom line is he's on the other team. BOO HIM. I Laugh at the "morons and ****** bags" label for people that boo him. That is so moronic. He deserves it just like anyone else that walks into our house with an opposing jersey on.
he deserves it if he scores or if he does something to one of our players. just like anyone else who dose those things. what he doesn't deserve is to be booed every time he touches the puck or takes the ice, and you know there will be people who do that. those are the people i have no tolerance for and if any of them are around me i'll voice my intolerance.

Old
04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
i'll applaud during intros. i'll even applaud if he gets the fist star tonight. but for those 60 minutes in between, he and i ain't friends.
this is how i will act.

Old
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
AintLifeGrand

Kovy's kind of a do_uche for not telling DW upfront that he was going to test Free Agency.

whatever, he did supply some awesome memories.

Old
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Aaronxxx

Lol at the youth hockey group booing him everytime he touched the puck at morning skate

Old
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
So hey, question for all you people who will cheer him:

Do you cheer the likes of Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane, or the Sedins?

Same story here. Those individuals play for a different team. They're not Atlanta Thrashers. Alumni or not, he does not deserve to be cheered. He'll get a polite ovation at the beginning of the game, and the common courtesy at the end (if named as one of the three stars), but he will never merit any cheers during the playing time.

Old
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
So hey, question for all you people who will cheer him:

Do you cheer the likes of Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane, or the Sedins?

Same story here. Those individuals play for a different team. They're not Atlanta Thrashers. Alumni or not, he does not deserve to be cheered. He'll get a polite ovation at the beginning of the game, and the common courtesy at the end (if named as one of the three stars), but he will never merit any cheers during the playing time.
i think this is the view of everyone here.

we're all fighting over nothing.

Old
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg View Post
I will flame you. You say b/c we are not there, we can not have an opinion. I have been to quite a lot of games over the years and have seen a bunch of damn losses. I was a season ticket holder but did not renew for financial reasons this year. I have still been to quite a few games. You really have no right to get on us b/c we are not as fortunate as you. I wish I could go to every game. Some of the people on this board do not even live here. I hope you and your high horse have a good time tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

Off to have a great time with the "fortunate few" in this city, I'll try not to disappoint you!!!

PS...never said you didn't have a right to an opinion. Just that it's no matter = the point is moot. You can't do anything about it. People who go will boo, cheer, or eat bananas all night. And that will be all that matters tonight to our team and theirs.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 04-06-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Just went to ticketmaster to see if I was able to buy 4 for tonight and it didn't let me at all. It may be sold out...

Old
04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

It would be disgraceful to boo him during the introductions. During the game is a whole different matter. He's still and will be for a long time maybe forever, the best player to ever wear our jersey. It's a fact.

If you cheer for him say if he scores, then you are not a Thrashers fan.

Here's my thoughts on boo'ing. I wouldn't boo him during introductions but I would boo him during the game. He should be treated like everyone else who wears the opponents jersey during the game. After the game the fact would still remain that he is the best player to ever wear an Atlanta Thrashers uniform.

Closed Thread