Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 80 : Thrashers vs Devils - Do or Die

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Georgia Dawg

vCash: 500
Another season, another season without the playoffs...

Who should I pull for this year?

Old
04-06-2010, 08:24 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Well it is over now, we can sit Moose on the bench and let Pavelec play the last two games.

The only positive I can bring out of this is that at one point it was the Devils who were a laughing stock in the NHL, a team that could not hold on to their talented players, a team that was brutally mismanaged and played to mostly empty arenas all season long. I know because I was there watching it.

If our owners can bring in a GM who has a brain, and is willing to use it, we can be where they are 10 years from now.

Old
04-06-2010, 08:27 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

If by chance there is a STH on here that would like to sell their ticket from tonight's game I would buy it with PayPal and pay the postage if it's in good shape (looking for one of the nice glossy STH tix).

I have most of Brodeur's milestone win tickets (#1, #400, #500, #551, #552 and shutout record) and will need this one from tonight (#600). A bunch will pop up on EBAY in the next week or two but I thought I'd try here first. Thanks.

Old
04-06-2010, 08:35 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I'm not sure what game JA was watching, but our boys certainly didn't play hard tonight.

Old
04-06-2010, 08:40 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I'm not sure what game JA was watching, but our boys certainly didn't play hard tonight.
What the hell is his problem?

Old
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
What the hell is his problem?
He can’t coach in the NHL and his system is easy to figure out by other NHL coaches who play a defensive game. I like JA as a person, but enough is enough. I was embarrassed at the reaction from our fans tonight at the game. It was shameful to say the least. His buddy Boudreau is going to find out the same thing come playoff time as his system is total offense as well.

Old
04-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Okay. I've never been one to jump onto this kind of bandwagon, but it's time for a complete overhaul.

Fire Waddell and Anderson. I don't care who replaces them, but bring in a coach with guts. I'd even rather have Hartley back than Anderson. Keep Dudley for the scouting portion of the GM's job, but Waddell is done. 10 years of failure? No thanks.

If we can manage to re-sign Kubina, make him captain. If not, make Antropov captain. Dump Armstrong, Kozlov, Popovic, White, Hainey, and other similar trash. We need a veteran with some guts, or a young guy who acts past his years. It's too bad that Waddell didn't try to pry Phaneuf out of Calgary, because we need a guy with that kind of outspoken personality.

We need leadership. We need a proper team-builder, and we need a coach with experience.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-06-2010, 09:58 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

interesting little tidbit that this is the first year that I can remember that there were no "in arena" surveys for fans to express opinions. I guess Atlanta Sputum already know all the answers.

The most anticipated date on the calendar for me will be Tuesday, April 13. Hopefully the day the ownership checks the bank statement and realizes that "growing up with DW" as Levenson stated in the Town Hall, just won't pay the bills.

Oh please, oh please, please, please please....give us a real GM and let him hire a real coach! Then the draft will have meaning and September will be a rebirth of hockey in Atlanta.

Old
04-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleternal View Post
He canít coach in the NHL and his system is easy to figure out by other NHL coaches who play a defensive game. I like JA as a person, but enough is enough. I was embarrassed at the reaction from our fans tonight at the game. It was shameful to say the least. His buddy Boudreau is going to find out the same thing come playoff time as his system is total offense as well.
what are you embarrassed about?

Old
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
interesting little tidbit that this is the first year that I can remember that there were no "in arena" surveys for fans to express opinions. I guess Atlanta Sputum already know all the answers.

The most anticipated date on the calendar for me will be Tuesday, April 13. Hopefully the day the ownership checks the bank statement and realizes that "growing up with DW" as Levenson stated in the Town Hall, just won't pay the bills.

Oh please, oh please, please, please please....give us a real GM and let him hire a real coach! Then the draft will have meaning and September will be a rebirth of hockey in Atlanta.
probably because the last home game is saturday

Old
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
probably because the last home game is saturday
They used to do it for at least the last few home games. Hopefully, they will send out an end of year eval to the STH like they did in the past. I will simply reply:

FIRE WADDELL, PERIOD. END. and send it back.

Old
04-06-2010, 10:59 PM
FrenchKheldar

And then people wonder why fans like me don't come to the arena as often as I used to... Between the dumbass Kovalchuk booing (did he kill one of his teammates? I don't think so...), the rec league powerplay, the relax domination of the Devils against our peewee team, and the utter lack of coaching, the only redeeming part was to see some old friends...

Now I guess the boys knew it was over anyway and didn't bother showing up. It's not like our excuse of a coach is gonna yell at them or anything... What a sad state for this franchise. I see a lot more talent/youth/potential on the ice than some of the previous years but the little heart/guts this team had before got swallowed by the Atlanta Spirit/Waddell black hole of apathy. Anderson is just another would-be coach that doesn't care in a town that doesn't care about hockey. I let you have fun at the arena Saturday, I guess I'm just sad that this was potentially my last game at the Bulb ever...
[to be clear, not because I will stop cheering for the Thrashers, just because it's time for me to move out of Atlanta...]

Old
04-06-2010, 11:15 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Godspeed and Great Things to you Frog, I mean French!

Old
04-06-2010, 11:38 PM
ArVeeDee

This franchise is an abomination that needs to be killed off. It's almost a chore watching the Thrashers now. Call me an idiot or say that i'm not a "true fan" but i've had it with all of this losing. It's ridiculous. No one in Atlanta cares. The owners don't care. The team is no better than it was a few years ago. A few good young players is all we have and that's it (and Antropov/Hainsey. We're never going to be good until this franchise is sold to someone who actually gives a **** about hockey. (Which would probably end with the team being moved.) I look forward to many more years of Waddell ****ing up the team. I know without a doubt that guys like Max, Kubina, and Armstrong are gone as well.

**** you Atlanta Thrashers.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:07 AM
PHYS251

I was at the game last night. Words can't describe what an epic fail it was. It was only by virtue of the Devils' playing their textbook defense-first approach, plus Hedberg making a few good saves, that kept this game from being a complete rout. But that was all for naught. I mean what were they thinking? Were they expecting one of the league's most historically defensive teams to just skate around on the ice? Where was the urgency to win a must-win game?

And what about us, the fans? Barely more than 12,000 tickets sold when this is the last week of the season, we were in a playoff race, and it's Kovalchuk's return to Atlanta? Inexcusable. That does not help to silence the naysayers who believe that NHL hockey has no place here. IMO, neither did the booing of the greatest player in the history of the franchise, a man who simply wants to play for a winning team. People! He didn't sign yet; he got traded!

There are no positives to take away from what happened last night. This franchise needs a fresh start next season.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:37 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
Fire Waddell and Anderson. I don't care who replaces them, but bring in a coach with guts. I'd even rather have Hartley back than Anderson. Keep Dudley for the scouting portion of the GM's job, but Waddell is done. 10 years of failure? No thanks.
A resounding "NO" to Hartley. But I do agree we need a change. Both at coach and GM. Simply changing GMs will likely get us a new coach anyway.

So, how 'bout it, Spirit boys? You want a winning team? Prove it.

Old
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I wanted Anderson gone in like November and now everyone, or like at least 50% of the board wants Anderson axed. Bet those same people wanted him kept in November

Old
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

We're just not a playoff team.

If we somehow made the playoffs, we would have no business being there. On paper, I think we overachieved.

I needed a couple rounds of DEFCON and then sleep just to not turn this into a **** YOU WADDELL AND ANDERSON post but it probably still is. Each time I think either one is onto something, they promptly **** it up. It's one step forward, two steps back. For every good thing they do, there's another thing that is just unbelievably dumb.

But eventually it comes down to the players on the ice, and some of the players on this team don't belong in a KHL jersey let alone on NHL ice.

Afinogenov, Kubina, Antropov, Kane, Bogo, and the rest of them, they're all good guys but on the other end of the spectrum we have players like Todd White, Jim Slater, Schubert and Popovic that really don't belong on a team that is supposed to be on a playoff race. Not one of them you could even call a "glue guy" with intangibles. Maybe Slater, but his astounding ****up against Pittsburgh was so unbelievably dumb I still can't believe it.

This team has a lot of holes and this game just reinforced it. Congrats on Martin Brodeur getting his 600th win, though. He was rewarded with a ~30 second namedrop on sportscenter.

Old
04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Anyone that went to this game willing to sell me the ticket stub from the game?

Old
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i stayed away from this place for two days knowing i would come back to something like this

glad ya'll didn't disappoint me

Closed Thread