HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter (Update on post #97)

Old
04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
why Carter to RW?
Less defensive responsibilities, to work him back into the lineup?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
I was at that game, and proudly booed that ditz Palin.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Less defensive responsibilities, to work him back into the lineup?
And less chance that, being a step slow, he'll get nailed with his head down at centre ice....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 02:03 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
The following is pretty telling:

I really feel for the guy. I wish him the best of luck. It sounds like it might be a problem year in and year out, sort of like Foppa, even if he does come back. You never want to see people go out like this.
With Foppa though it's not genetic, this is however. It really does suck that he probably won't be able to play ever again because of something genetic. To be honest, I'd love to see him somewhere in the Flyers organization to give him a job, it's too sad to just get rid of him.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
The following is pretty telling:

I really feel for the guy. I wish him the best of luck. It sounds like it might be a problem year in and year out, sort of like Foppa, even if he does come back. You never want to see people go out like this.
Damn you Flyers medical staff!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:50 PM
BernieParent

Whether the Rangers win or lose against Toronto, Carter should be on the sidelines for the next game. For the first time in the history of Philadelphia hockey medicine, do the right thing for your player.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:06 AM
SolidSnakeUS

So by playoff time, a healthy Carter and Backlund will be very nice. And even better if Leighton gets better in time.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So by playoff time, a healthy Carter and Backlund will be very nice. And even better if Leighton gets better in time.
If we are still around when Leighton gets healthy it will because of the boosh taking us there, so Leighton would just do back up duty. When would Leighton even be healthy?

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:31 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurmsMckenzie View Post
If we are still around when Leighton gets healthy it will because of the boosh taking us there, so Leighton would just do back up duty. When would Leighton even be healthy?
Even if we win games 5-4, or 6-5? Just saying. I do think management will keep Boosh in, just because he has been playing, but if Boosh starts throwing up ****** games, I can easily see the rook Backlund or Leighton in.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:59 AM

It's a broken bone guys, not a muscle strain. If Carts can play on it pain free, then he's fine.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Carter cleared to practice today

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Awesome.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Miss Mess

Yesssssssssss

Put Carter in Hartnell's spot, both at ES and on the PP

Last edited by Miss Mess: 04-07-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:06 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Yesssssssssss

Put Carter in Hartnell's spot, both at ES and on the PP
If Toronto loses to NY and we go into the weekend needing to win one of the two against the Rangers to make the postseason, then it's far more likely Carter will play. Timmy P seems to think he will play Sunday if we still need him. Holmgren said "slight" chance he will play.

Frankly, the Rangers HAVE to win 3 straight games or they miss the playoffs. They win all three, then they squeak in. Their playoffs have already begun; one and done.

If the Rangers do lose against Toronto, I can't see Holmgren rushing Carter just to get into better playoff position. Regardless of who we face, we stand a FAR better shot with Carter than without him. Doesn't matter who we play.

Old
04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
If Toronto loses to NY and we go into the weekend needing to win one of the two against the Rangers to make the postseason, then it's far more likely Carter will play. Timmy P seems to think he will play Sunday if we still need him. Holmgren said "slight" chance he will play.

Frankly, the Rangers HAVE to win 3 straight games or they miss the playoffs. They win all three, then they squeak in. Their playoffs have already begun; one and done.

If the Rangers do lose against Toronto, I can't see Holmgren rushing Carter just to get into better playoff position. Regardless of who we face, we stand a FAR better shot with Carter than without him. Doesn't matter who we play.
i'd play him...if we dont get 6th it doesnt look good in the 1st round.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
EasyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Well, if NJ holds onto 2nd, 7th doesn't look too bad as we have had a lot of success against NJ this season.

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Montreal plays Carolina and Toronton.
Boston plays Buffalo, Carolina, and Washington.
New York plays Toronto and then us twice.

-If Montreal gets 4 points, they win 6th place.

-If Boston gets 6 points, they get 6th place if Montreal and Philadelphia get only 3 points.

-If Philadelphia gets 4 points, they get 6th place if Montreal gets only 3 points and Boston gets only 5 points.

-If Rangers get 6 points, they get 6th place if Boston gets only 2 points, Montreal gets 0 points, and Philadelphia gets 0 points (which would obviously happen if Rangers win out).

Old
04-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Garbage Goal

Interesting to see how the new lines work, but because of them we're going have to play Carter for both of these games as long as he's available. Regardless of where the Rags are in the standings when we play them Carter will have to shake off the rust and we'll have to figure out by playoff time if Carter can work on the wing.

The playoffs aren't very forgiving when it comes to experimenting with line combos.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
FLYERSFAN18

the problem i have with carter is that it is impossible to find line mates to work with him where everyone is playing to their strengths. You cant put him with another scorer like Gagne because he wont pass. But it is also not that great to put him a passer and stickhandler like Briere and Giroux because Carter usually likes to carry the puck into the zone and try to work his magic. The best line mates for him are players like Hartnell and Powe who will dig the puck out of the corners and pass to him, but also go to the net to get his rebounds.

so why not try

JVR-Richards-Giroux/Carcillo
Gagne-Briere-Carcillo/Giroux/Powe
Hartnell-Carter-Powe/Carcillo

or try to rekindle some playoff fire from last year

Powe-Giroux-Briere
Gagne-Richards-Carcillo/JVR
Hartnell-Carter-Carcillo/JVR

Its just hard to find players that can complement Carter and still produce themselves.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
the problem i have with carter is that it is impossible to find line mates to work with him where everyone is playing to their strengths. You cant put him with another scorer like Gagne because he wont pass. But it is also not that great to put him a passer and stickhandler like Briere and Giroux because Carter usually likes to carry the puck into the zone and try to work his magic. The best line mates for him are players like Hartnell and Powe who will dig the puck out of the corners and pass to him, but also go to the net to get his rebounds.

so why not try

JVR-Richards-Giroux/Carcillo
Gagne-Briere-Carcillo/Giroux/Powe
Hartnell-Carter-Powe/Carcillo

or try to rekindle some playoff fire from last year

Powe-Giroux-Briere
Gagne-Richards-Carcillo/JVR
Hartnell-Carter-Carcillo/JVR

Its just hard to find players that can complement Carter and still produce themselves.
Why break up the JVR-Richards-Giroux line when they have been VERY good? Leave Carcillo on the 4th pairing.

When Carter returns:

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Gagne-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Powe-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
infidelappel*

Carter cleared to practice, per Flyers newsletter.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Opus

Awesome news...

Flyers' Carter cleared to skate
Quote:
Philadelphia Flyers center Jeff Carter, who suffered a fracture in his left foot March 21, has been cleared to skate after an MRI Wednesday morning at Jefferson Center City Imaging in Philadelphia.

Carter will practice with the Flyers on Thursday and could play Friday night at Madison Square Garden against the New York Rangers, the first of a season-ending home-and-home series that could determine the playoff fates of both teams. They conclude their seasons Sunday at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia.

"Jeff had his MRI this morning and he is healing up nicely," Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren told the team's Web site. "He completed his off-ice rehab and conditioning today and will practice with the team (Thursday)."

The Rangers enter Wednesday in ninth place in the Eastern Conference, four points behind the seventh-place Flyers. The Rangers trail the eighth-place Boston Bruins by three points. If the Rangers lose to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday, it would clinch a playoff spot for the Flyers.

Carter, who was second in the League with 46 goals last season, leads the Flyers with 33 goals this season and is tied with captain Mike Richards with a team-leading 60 points. The Flyers went 3-4-1 during his eight-game absence.

Coach Peter Laviolette said Monday he might put Carter on the wing on a line centered by Danny Briere. In Tuesday's win in Toronto, Briere centered a line with Simon Gagne and Scott Hartnell.
Link

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Why break up the JVR-Richards-Giroux line when they have been VERY good? Leave Carcillo on the 4th pairing.

When Carter returns:

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Gagne-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Powe-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
I agree with the JVR-Richards-Giroux line. I like it a lot. I just dont ever see line mates that would mesh good with carter. Because he likes to handle and shoot the puck, but he doesnt like to pass. So there is no point to put him with your scorers like Gagne and JVR or to put him with playmakers like Giroux and Briere. its like he needs his own line full fo bums who just do the dirty work in the corners, play defense and then get out of the way in the offensive zone.

Old
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I agree with the JVR-Richards-Giroux line. I like it a lot. I just dont ever see line mates that would mesh good with carter. Because he likes to handle and shoot the puck, but he doesnt like to pass. So there is no point to put him with your scorers like Gagne and JVR or to put him with playmakers like Giroux and Briere. its like he needs his own line full fo bums who just do the dirty work in the corners, play defense and then get out of the way in the offensive zone.
when you look back to his junior days, even then he was playing with bums, can't name any names as I've never heard of them before

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
when you look back to his junior days, even then he was playing with bums, can't name any names as I've never heard of them before
then hell we should just keep the top two lines we have and go with

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Powe-Carter-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Laperiere