HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Mlb 2k10 (pc) - $2.99

Old
04-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Mlb 2k10 (pc) - $2.99

It's a digital download only.

http://dealspl.us/product/major-leag...-download-only

Old
04-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Thanks for the heads-up

Shame this is only baseball game for PC, but it isn't that bad

Will buy

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
awesomo
HARD!

lol the pc version of this game got like 2 points below the xbox version on gamespot... why do they neglect pc version of sport games (NHL)?

awesomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
lol the pc version of this game got like 2 points below the xbox version on gamespot... why do they neglect pc version of sport games (NHL)?
While I love PC sports games, It's pretty clear no one bought them when they did care. I think a big factor is even people who own both a good pc and a console just opt for console versions because they would be playing with a controller anyway on a PC. I go with the PC version because of mods but I realize most people don't use them.

I regularly play MVP 05, it's modded like crazy and I have modern rosters which I update myself.

I used to do that with NHL 07 for pc also but I really hate EA's hockey engine from last generation, the 02-04 engine was better, as is the 08-10 engine but that one isn't on PC.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
says $22 for me when i click link. is the deal already over?

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone View Post
says $22 for me when i click link. is the deal already over?
Yeah

It's back up to 22 dollars now.

Old
04-06-2010, 06:24 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Money. Smaller market, higher piracy rate, lower price point on the PC, most expensive version to develop. Makes no sense to dilute the dev team's resources to release a PC version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
While I love PC sports games, It's pretty clear no one bought them when they did care. I think a big factor is even people who own both a good pc and a console just opt for console versions because they would be playing with a controller anyway on a PC. I go with the PC version because of mods but I realize most people don't use them.

I regularly play MVP 05, it's modded like crazy and I have modern rosters which I update myself.

I used to do that with NHL 07 for pc also but I really hate EA's hockey engine from last generation, the 02-04 engine was better, as is the 08-10 engine but that one isn't on PC.
Someone on the official 2K Sports forums posed a question to me and I have no idea why they don't: why don't publishers (EA) just have a developer port last year's game to the PC? The work is done, the cost would be minimal, and they could take the rosters from the console versions.

It really would be the best of both worlds, I have no idea why EA doesn't do this with the NHL series.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Can't really play online, at least against someone else, unless you are in a league

Stupid

Old
04-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
I was gonna get it but I am Canadian eh.

I have a PS3 controller that works on my PC and everything.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

eh with piracy and the fact ppl would rather play in the comfort of their couch on a huge tv i can see why PC games are toast.

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Someone on the official 2K Sports forums posed a question to me and I have no idea why they don't: why don't publishers (EA) just have a developer port last year's game to the PC? The work is done, the cost would be minimal, and they could take the rosters from the console versions.
I'm not nearly as familiar with 2k as I am EA, but EA doesn't change their engines much year to year. If they took the time to port 09 they could easily do it with 10 and 11 on time, so it wouldn't even be necessary to port last years. It's virtually the same effort.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:13 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I'm not nearly as familiar with 2k as I am EA, but EA doesn't change their engines much year to year. If they took the time to port 09 they could easily do it with 10 and 11 on time, so it wouldn't even be necessary to port last years. It's virtually the same effort.
But that would require the same team that's working on the console versions to also work on the PC version. It'd be a waste of resources to divert their attention to the neediest platform when it provides the least potential for revenue.

Porting last year's game has the benefit of not needing a particularly talented team (pretty much figure the team that worked on NHL 08's PC version could handle it) as no innovation would be required. Just get the game working and the job's done. No feature implementation, nothing crazy like that. The main alteration necessary would be if the ratings categories were to change so the game would probably benefit from accepting the same numbers as the console version's rosters for the coming year.

I'd imagine that could be a very profitable strategy.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote