HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary - Canada's team? Alberta's team?

View Poll Results: Oiler fans, are you cheering for or against the Flames?
GO FLAMES GO! 27 40.30%
ANYBODY BUT CALGARY! 30 44.78%
Who cares? 10 14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
A couple spots in the draft isn't enough to make me cheer for the Flames. I like and respect Sutter, but that's it on the Flames - Conroy and Iginla smile to much. THey could have lost 553-1 in game seven of the stanely cup finals and they'd be smiling - they're pathetic. And that Green hat is so micky mouse it's pathetic. The Flames are a dead end team as they are below average with prospects and the team doesn't have the supporting group scoring to move forward. I truely am disapointed in peole cheering for the Flames who were always nothing but bitter when we were winning. IT would take us going from picking 30th overalll to picking in the top two of the Draft (Malkin!) for me to even consider cheering for those dead end losers.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
A couple spots in the draft isn't enough to make me cheer for the Flames. I like and respect Sutter, but that's it on the Flames - Conroy and Iginla smile to much. THey could have lost 553-1 in game seven of the stanely cup finals and they'd be smiling - they're pathetic. And that Green hat is so micky mouse it's pathetic. The Flames are a dead end team as they are below average with prospects and the team doesn't have the supporting group scoring to move forward. I truely am disapointed in peole cheering for the Flames who were always nothing but bitter when we were winning. IT would take us going from picking 30th overalll to picking in the top two of the Draft (Malkin!) for me to even consider cheering for those dead end losers.
Where was all this talk about the Flames cheering for the Oilers in 1997 when the Oilers upset the Stars. In 1998 when the Oilers upset the Avalanche. Nowhere. Why all off a sudden should we cheer for the Flames. Go Lightning Go, Go Sharks Go.

05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Where was all this talk about the Flames cheering for the Oilers in 1997 when the Oilers upset the Stars. In 1998 when the Oilers upset the Avalanche. Nowhere. Why all off a sudden should we cheer for the Flames. Go Lightning Go, Go Sharks Go.
Exactly.

This could just mean that more than a few Oilers are more compassionate and understanding when it comes to our rivals. I am not. Iginla picks fights and never takes his visor-helmet off, Kiprusoff (See: Turek), Regehr is getting compared to the next great Canadian defenceman & Sutter is getting hailed as a great coach and a master franchise-builder. When this little love-in ends, alot of people are going to feel that familiar feeling of waking up from a crazy night of partying with a headache, a huge hang-over and one thought repeating loudly over & over in the heads "....... What the hell was I thinking?"

>>GO SHARKS<<

Old
05-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Iginla picks fights and never takes his visor-helmet off
I also found out he publicly said things like this,

Quote:
It was tough going home every year and watching (the Oilers) in the playoffs. Especially when the Oilers, a lot of years, had stolen our spot
"Stole" his spot? Ego much? Try we earned those spots. I thought Iggy was classy!

And some Oilers fans are cheering for Calgary.

Old
05-05-2004, 10:05 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
I also found out he publicly said things like this,

"Stole" his spot? Ego much? Try we earned those spots. I thought Iggy was classy!

And some Oilers fans are cheering for Calgary.
Haha.. what a loser. He does seem to have a thing against Edmonton. Which is ok. Im just not a fan.

Personally Im getting really sick of this current love-in with the Flames & I think I'll have to cut back my viewing of this board, because frankly some of the comments by some of the Oiler faithfull are beginning to remind of the analogy of a flag in the wind. I think it will be safe to resurface on here about 2 weeks after Tampa wins the Cup. At that point draft talk will be picking up, rumors about Mikhnov coming to NA, CBA talks, as well as rumblings out of Cowtown regarding Kiprusoff's agent trying to renegotiate his client's contract (great singular playoff runs by unproven goalies dont create great careers or great goalies, they create great BIG contracts: See Guigerre )

Last edited by windowlicker: 05-05-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old
05-05-2004, 10:29 PM
windowlicker

Closed Thread