HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings @ Anaheim Ducks 04/06/10 7:00 PM PRIME HD

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Agree. Wish TM would move Richie to 3rd line LW and bench Modin after the 1st period.
As a plan?

Like, "OK Mo, good practice. Listen, you're in the line-up tonight, but only for the 1st period. I'm sorry, but I only want 1 period out of you. Doesn't matter what happens in that 1st period, but after it, you're done."

Old
04-06-2010, 04:20 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
As a plan?

Like, "OK Mo, good practice. Listen, you're in the line-up tonight, but only for the 1st period. I'm sorry, but I only want 1 period out of you. Doesn't matter what happens in that 1st period, but after it, you're done."
I know- it'd be way out of character for TM to juggle his lines during a game

The 4th line gets 5-6 mins a game, mostly in the 1st period / beginning 2nd. I honestly believe Richie's a top-9 forward on this team. He seems to have a knack of making things happen. Modin is solid, but I think Richie has a bigger impact. Mo's a vet. He'll deal...

Old
04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I know- it'd be way out of character for TM to juggle his lines during a game

The 4th line gets 5-6 mins a game, mostly in the 1st period / beginning 2nd. I honestly believe Richie's a top-9 forward on this team. He seems to have a knack of making things happen. Modin is solid, but I think Richie has a bigger impact. Mo's a vet. He'll deal...
I agree that Richie is a top 9 forward. But his speed is necessary on the 4th line, as is the fact that he is a center. With Halpern out, Richie is odd center out between Kopi, Zus and Stoll. If you simply switched Modin and Richie, one of Modin, Ivanans or Clune is going to have to play center, none of whom actually do or likely can.

So its Halperns injury you should take umbrage at, not Modin.

Old
04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Clune in, Parse out.
So if Parse doesn't score he gets benched. Got it.

Old
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
If Parse doesn't score, he doesn't do much of anything else...

After his two good offensive games, I haven't noticed him, virtually at all.

That and I think this move has much more to do with wanting to match the Duck's dirt than a knock on Parse.

Old
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Obviously. Terry Murray's accountability system is flawless.

Old
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
I agree that Richie is a top 9 forward. But his speed is necessary on the 4th line, as is the fact that he is a center. With Halpern out, Richie is odd center out between Kopi, Zus and Stoll. If you simply switched Modin and Richie, one of Modin, Ivanans or Clune is going to have to play center, none of whom actually do or likely can.

So its Halperns injury you should take umbrage at, not Modin.
I realize that Richie is the only one capable of centering the 4th line. Which is why I made the comment that TM should move Richie up a line after the 1st period, when the 4th line stays glued to the bench. Look at the TOI in the last game- the 4th line averaged ~6 minutes. Once the 4th line is done for the night, Richie is free to move up a line.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I realize that Richie is the only one capable of centering the 4th line. Which is why I made the comment that TM should move Richie up a line after the 1st period, when the 4th line stays glued to the bench. Look at the TOI in the last game- the 4th line averaged ~6 minutes. Once the 4th line is done for the night, Richie is free to move up a line.
Not really. And it depends on how the game is going.

He will usually double shift someone else on the 4th line LW for the 3rd period.

I bet that unless the game is particularly nasty, the 3rd period 4th line will have whichever of Modin, Smyth or Frolov is playing best on it.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
If Parse doesn't score, he doesn't do much of anything else...

After his two good offensive games, I haven't noticed him, virtually at all.

That and I think this move has much more to do with wanting to match the Duck's dirt than a knock on Parse.
Meh, there's other players on this team that don't "do much of anything else" if not scoring such as Williams, Clune, Jones, Halpern and Modin.

It's not realistic to expect him to have a good offensive game every time out. But not noticing him isn't a bad thing IMO. That means while he's not scoring, he's not screwing up either.

I agree though that it's about wanting to match a dirty Anaheim team. While Clune isn't very good at it, and he's been practically worthless since his first couple of games, I understand the sentiment. I just don't think, again, Parse gets a fair shake from Murray.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
For this game it actually makes some sense. I'd say we have enough skill to handle the Ducks on any given. We're going to need to be ready for their shenanigans. Enter Clune.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 383
Great GDT SLang!

Old
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
William H Bonney

Old
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Meh, there's other players on this team that don't "do much of anything else" if not scoring such as Williams, Clune, Jones, Halpern and Modin.

It's not realistic to expect him to have a good offensive game every time out. But not noticing him isn't a bad thing IMO. That means while he's not scoring, he's not screwing up either.

I agree though that it's about wanting to match a dirty Anaheim team. While Clune isn't very good at it, and he's been practically worthless since his first couple of games, I understand the sentiment. I just don't think, again, Parse gets a fair shake from Murray.
Clune is useless if not scoring? I'm going to assume that was a mistake.

The others, Williams is great at eating time of the clock and starting the breakout.

Modin is defensively very strong and a positional beast.

Jones. Yes, mostly useless if not scoring.

Halpern. Face-offs and grinding (even though his stint with the Kings thus far hasn't seen much of this, I think most of it is because of not gelling with the team quite as readily as DL had hoped he would). I never expected Halpern to score much.

One of the reasons we have such a strong team this year is that guys can shift roles readily. If Kopi isn't scoring, he is playing strong D and odds are Richie or Zus or someone else will pick up the slack. If Frolov isn't scoring, he still holds on the puck like a maniac, which is still helpful. Stoll, face-offs. Zus, D. Richie, speed. Simmonds... well Simmonds has actually been rather useless lately when he hasn't been scoring. I blame the knee injury. Brown, hitting, energy. Smyth, net presence, although he is one of the more useless (on-ice, his leadership is still valuable of course) players when he isn't generating offense.

My point is that our players are good at many things.

Dare I say, its a big reason Cammy still isn't a King!

Yes, DIEHARD and JT, I am purposely trying to incite you. Don't take the bait. Just smile, nod, and be on your merry ways

Old
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:

I pretty much agree with you on all accounts.

My thinking is that Parse gets the short end of the stick here mainly because he's not a veteran like JW, Modin and Halpern.

Personally, I'm glad Clune is in there tonight because I want to see the game get ugly.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
SLang

Quote:
Seems like it's more of a "ya gotta sit someone" scenario than a "punish Parse for not doing enough" scenario.

TM obviously sees Parse as a plug-in when team toughness isn't a big issue.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Clune is useless if not scoring? I'm going to assume that was a mistake.

The others, Williams is great at eating time of the clock and starting the breakout.

Modin is defensively very strong and a positional beast.

Jones. Yes, mostly useless if not scoring.

Halpern. Face-offs and grinding (even though his stint with the Kings thus far hasn't seen much of this, I think most of it is because of not gelling with the team quite as readily as DL had hoped he would). I never expected Halpern to score much.
Yes. I'm not drinking the Clune kool-aid. Again, I understand the desire for him to be in this game. I get it. He's game at attempting to agitate and fight, even if he's not particularly good at them. Huggy bear to the rescue. Those two things Parse doesn't do. But Clune has been pretty much useless in the last handful of games he's played.

The others, meh. You act as if Parse isn't decent at anything else but scoring, which I don't agree with. Nor do I agree with your points about some of the above but alas, your overall point I do agree with about the depth and versatility of the team. Parse being in or out of the lineup isn't going to be a difference maker on 9 out of 10 nights at least. My main gripe is the flawed accountability system of Terry Murray. Parse is his main victim now and I don't really agree with it.

But screw it. We're in the playoffs.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

It boils down to if Parse isn't scoring, then he needs to start fighting.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I will be there with the Mrs. and friends.

Will be loud and try to pick a fight.
Damnit. I told you I couldn't go.

So since I can't get your back,
Watch out for the beek attack from behind.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
. . .

My point is that our players are good at many things.

Dare I say, its a big reason Cammy still isn't a King!

Yes, DIEHARD and JT, I am purposely trying to incite you. Don't take the bait. Just smile, nod, and be on your merry ways
Don't even get me started!

Pretty clever to put that last tidbit in white script.
You knew I wouldn't notice until I went to reply,

AND YOU KNEW I WOULD REPLY

Old
04-06-2010, 06:46 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Old
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Really want the Ducks to be eliminated tonight at the Honda Center. :3

Old
04-06-2010, 07:39 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's a bit of a strange feeling to have 4 games left in the season where I can watch the game and not have any real worry or care in the world about the standings or scoreboard watching.

Even in the years we made the playoffs most recently, they were squeakers. It's nice to be safely in with this many games still to go in the regular season. A good feeling! Let's do this more often!

That said... I'd love for the Kings to hit 100 points, and I really hope they can lock up 5th place.

Old
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I'm still laying out for 101 points... I predicted this before the season started...so I might as well not go back on it now...

Old
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's a bit of a strange feeling to have 4 games left in the season where I can watch the game and not have any real worry or care in the world about the standings or scoreboard watching.

Even in the years we made the playoffs most recently, they were squeakers. It's nice to be safely in with this many games still to go in the regular season. A good feeling! Let's do this more often!

That said... I'd love for the Kings to hit 100 points, and I really hope they can lock up 5th place.
When did you go purple?

Old
04-06-2010, 08:25 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Not really. And it depends on how the game is going.

He will usually double shift someone else on the 4th line LW for the 3rd period.

I bet that unless the game is particularly nasty, the 3rd period 4th line will have whichever of Modin, Smyth or Frolov is playing best on it.
If the game is close, TM is equally likely to go to 3 lines.

Vs Ana: Parse 6:04, Richardson 7:26, Ivans 4:04
Vs Van: Halpern got hurt, big lead, everyone plays
Vs Nash: Halpern 7:57, Parse 5:39, Richardson 9:54

Closed Thread